Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By BuyOneGetFour
  • 1 Post By Greg Brannon
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Confirmed: Best Buy will drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any lower?

Update: this has been confirmed. The 12/16 Best Buy shows Verizon Galaxy S3 as $49.99.

I was at Best Buy this afternoon. The guy at the mobile phone dept told me that Best Buy "may" drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get lower by Christmas?

He said I can bring my receipt back and get a refund on the difference. I sure hope he's right.

Here's my real question. If it gets lowered to $0, I assume I can go back again and get a refund on the remaining difference. Just how many days do I have on price matching? I have RewardZone silver... so does it mean 45 or 60 days from date of purchase?

Thanks!

Default Re: Best Buy "may" drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any lower?

I would appreciate if this happened. My wife and I just ported our Sprint numbers to Verizon. I had a GS3 with Sprint and she had the original HTC Evo. Best Buy price matched Amazon Wireless and I got the GS3 for $79.99 and she got the Razr M for a penny. Id gladly go back for a $30 refund.

Default Re: Best Buy "may" drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any lower?

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    I was at Best Buy this afternoon. The guy at the mobile phone dept told me that Best Buy "may" drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get lower by Christmas?

He said I can bring my receipt back and get a refund on the difference. I sure hope he's right.

Here's my real question. If it gets lowered to $0, I assume I can go back again and get a refund on the remaining difference. Just how many days do I have on price matching? I have RewardZone silver... so does it mean 45 or 60 days from date of purchase?

Thanks!
    That would depend on Best Buy's policies, which I'm not familiar with. I highly doubt, however, that the S3 will drop below that mark prior to the new year.

According to Best Buy's Reward Zone website, "Premier Silver members enjoy a 60-day return, exchange and price match policy and 180 days to use reward certificates."

Damn! You got my phone envy hard with this price!!!

Global Posts
    992 Global Posts

Good grief! I just got mine 2 weeks ago for $199 at the VZW store. I guess i got hosed??

I got my vzw sgs3 at Costco on black Friday for 30 bucks. Still haven't seen a better deal.
    Hit The "Thanks" button If I have helped you! It makes me

".....can it get any lower?"

Of course, it will eventually become a "free phone". Just depends on how long one is willing to wait.
    There is a price to be "first on the block".

I thought I saw a commercial for Sprint with buy one S3 get one free.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I think there might be some teeth behind this rumor. Best Buy has the Galaxy S3 in their 12/9/12 ad on sale for $199.99. It would make sense for them to advertise it at $199 with the hope that people will buy it at that price and not come in for a price adjustment.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikesmith View Post
    I thought I saw a commercial for Sprint with buy one S3 get one free.

Sprint is sneaky, saw the same commercial, it says buy a S3 and get a S2 for free.

Quote Originally Posted by S281 View Post
    Sprint is sneaky, saw the same commercial, it says buy a S3 and get a S2 for free.

Ah. Sneaky bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjobber69 View Post
    I got my vzw sgs3 at Costco on black Friday for 30 bucks. Still haven't seen a better deal.
    It will always come down lower, I got mine at Sam's Club for 96 cents! I really want the GN2, but can't bring myself to give up the great deal I got.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrymck View Post
    It will always come down lower, I got mine at Sam's Club for 96 cents! I really want the GN2, but can't bring myself to give up the great deal I got.
    Just exchange your S3 for the Note 2 and pay the difference! (only $299.03)
    jbarrymck likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by thecorrigan44 View Post
    I think there might be some teeth behind this rumor. Best Buy has the Galaxy S3 in their 12/9/12 ad on sale for $199.99. It would make sense for them to advertise it at $199 with the hope that people will buy it at that price and not come in for a price adjustment.

No longer a rumor... as it has already been confirmed. The 12/16 Best Buy shows Verizon Galaxy S3 as $49.99

Going there on Sunday to claim my $50 back! I originally paid $99 at Best Buy. (VZW S3 16GB version)

Default Re: Confirmed: Best Buy will drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any low

I am getting my S3 32GB delivered today. I just bought it at Best Buy online for $199. I wonder if the 32GB model will also be on sale...maybe for $99? That would be sweet. Also per the ad, looks like this sale is on Sunday only.

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BuyOneGetFour View Post
    No longer a rumor... as it has already been confirmed. The 12/16 Best Buy shows Verizon Galaxy S3 as $49.99

Going there on Sunday to claim my $50 back! I originally paid $99 at Best Buy. (VZW S3 16GB version)
    Same here! I bought mine on Monday for $99, knowing the price would drop to $49 on Sunday. Since the ad also says "limited quantities", all I have to do is stroll in with my receipt and get my $50 back. No muss, no fuss! haha

Oh, before I forget....I am loving this phone!

Default Re: Confirmed: Best Buy will drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any low

Does this mean the price at a Verizon Store will probably drop real soon too (today it is listed as $199 at Verizon store)? I need to get a new phone but I've never purchased at a 3rd party like Best Buy before. I assume they (Best Buy) will honor my 'upgrade eligibility'? My phone (currently a Palm Pre2) is provided by my company, and they always go to the Verizon Store, so...

Default Confirmed: Best Buy will drop Verizon Galaxy S3 to $49.99 next Sunday(12/16), can it get any lower?

Sgs3 .97 @samsmclub... unbeatable

Sent from my Galaxy S3

My wife ordered a GS3 from Amazon for me - kind of a Christmas present - at $99.99 last Thursday. I told her about this thread on Friday and confirmed that the Best Buy price did indeed drop. She contemplated cancelling the Amazon order (it had shipped) and was researching that when she found that Amazon had also dropped the price to $49.99. With an email, Amazon gave her a $50 credit.

Thanks to you (and my finding this thread), we saved $50. Thanks.

Now I'm looking forward to my new phone, getting it tomorrow. I'm replacing a Curve that I've had for ~3 years.
    DroidXcon likes this.

I didn't realize that Best Buy sale was only going to be 1-day, on Sunday. Now it is selling for $149.99. Still $50 less than at the Verizon store...was hoping V store would match. I may be going there within the next couple of days and plan to ask them to match. I've never purchased from a 3rd party like Best Buy before, my boss is wondering if we can go to best buy, with our corporate VZW account, and add my new phone without any disruption to our company account.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

It'll be free in 6 months.

I see by the banner Mobile Nations has a sale going on that end on the "21th" of December...When is the 21th, anyhow?

The day before the 22th of course!

I can't wait 6 months though...my Pre2 is gurgling, may go under soon. Oh well, just trying to save a few bucks.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    The day before the 22th of course!

I can't wait 6 months though...my Pre2 is gurgling, may go under soon. Oh well, just trying to save a few bucks.
    lolz...they fixed it...(Good job, Phil...sure would look funny when some future civilization dug up your website and saw that...(cuz the world ends in just a few short hours according to the dog and cat next door))

Well I (or my boss actually) bit the bullet and we got a Samsung Galaxy S3 on the 20th at the Verizon store for the full $199. That was their choice, but I needed a phone quick. I'm enjoying it and learning a lot...and learning I need to learn a lot. I've ordered 3 cases to try out. 2 were less than $6 each and will be taking a slow boat from Hong Kong, so I won't see them for about 3 weeks. The other is an Otterbox Defender (via Amazon for about $25) which will arrive tomorrow. I've been very careful so far...can I make it to tomorrow?

I've also ordered that Touchstone modded back cover since I have 3 Touchstones and absolutely loved using it on my webOS phones. I'll test out cases I have on it...see if any will allow the charge while installed. I'm virtually sure the Defender case won't allow it...the other two are thinner...we will see. Next...I need to find a car mount solution...anybody want to point me in the right direction...I wouldn't mind. Although, the joy is in the journey they say...so search, here I come!