- 4 Posts
Deleting Hotmail/Live Mail msg on computer does NOT delete on phone
Just got my S3 and learning to use. I noticed that when I delete an e-mail in live mail on my computer it will NOT delete on the phone when syncd. Sort of "once on the phone stays on the phone until I manually delete. If I delete on the phone it DOES delete off the server and hence off my computer which is exactly what I want. With this issue I am FORCED to not only delete of the computer but manually go into the phone and delete all the same e-mails. Seems when the server re-sysc's with the phone the deleted server messages are not deleted on the phone. Can anyone help?
- 12-10-2012, 09:19 PM #2
Re: Deleting Hotmail/Live Mail msg on computer does NOT delete on phone
I am almost positive Hotmail uses POP when using the default mail client to pull in email. This means if you delete it on the Server it will not remove it from the Phone and if you delete it from the Phone it will not remove it from the Server. It isn't an issue with syncing and is something you will have to live with unfortunately. The only mail options that I am aware of that offer true "syncing" like you are looking for are Gmail (when using the Gmail app) and Exchange accounts. Have you tried using the Outlook.com app in the Play Store for your Hotmail account instead of default mail client?
- 12-11-2012, 11:36 AM #3
- By og_president in forum LG Optimus S Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 7Last Post: 04-10-2011, 01:07 PM
- By Epic4g_fiver in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 01-03-2011, 11:22 AM
- By Trace509 in forum Motorola Droid XReplies: 6Last Post: 11-16-2010, 04:36 PM
- By temps2020 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 10-11-2010, 10:00 AM
- By dcdoes in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:57 AM