Keyboard lag no matter what keyboard

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter the keyboard I get keyboard lag on the S3, I was using swype, now using swiftkey flow, and I even tried the Samsung keyboard. I do use Google voice to send text, but basically I will be typing and all of a sudden the keyboard is not keeping up with me and it almost looks frozen for like a few secounds then it catches up. Also noted I am running stock rooted 4.1.1 Vrblk3, but it happen on stock, and other roms I tried. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else also use google voice? Thanks

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter the keyboard I get keyboard lag on the S3, I was using swype, now using swiftkey flow, and I even tried the Samsung keyboard. I do use Google voice to send text, but basically I will be typing and all of a sudden the keyboard is not keeping up with me and it almost looks frozen for like a few secounds then it catches up. Also noted I am running stock rooted 4.1.1 Vrblk3, but it happen on stock, and other roms I tried. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone else also use google voice? Thanks

You must have a lot of stuff running in the background....upgrade to Jelly Bean it fixes all that, they changed the way memory is managed
If you do not want to do that, limit the background running processes

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You must have a lot of stuff running in the background....upgrade to Jelly Bean it fixes all that, they changed the way memory is managed
If you do not want to do that, limit the background running processes

I am on jelly bean the latest leak. Thanks for the reply.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I am on jelly bean the latest leak. Thanks for the reply.

When you installed the leak did you do a full factory reset (wipe data)?

Sounds like you got a rouge process running that's consuming system resources, and the keyboard lag is symptom. Can happen sometimes if you don't do a data wipe during a ROM install...

mrmassador

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the exact same problem but on my Nexus 4. The first couple sentences but after a few more words, the typing gets unberably slow. This keyboard lag only occurs when typing in Google Voice, so I'm hoping Google fixes this in the next update.

trigun123478

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have the exact same problem but on my Nexus 4. The first couple sentences but after a few more words, the typing gets unberably slow. This keyboard lag only occurs when typing in Google Voice, so I'm hoping Google fixes this in the next update.

Hmm so maybe it's google voice. is it using a large part of your battery as well, mine has used 19 % of my battery from 7h 48m on battery and 1h 37m screen on time.?

mrmassador

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that Google voice used a large percentage of my battery as well! In fact, more than my screen. And even as I type this message, my keyboard doesn't lag, despite how fast I type. The lag is exclusive to Google voice

usualsuspect

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I wish that Google would fix this problem. I have terrible lag in the keyboard as well as huge battery drain. I think the Google Voice sync function is really messed up because it is always trying to sync..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech