Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HELP think i bricked my black s3

just got the black s3 the other day and today i rooted then flashed cwm and cm10 with 4.2 gapps. everything seemed to go well until i did a reboot and i get an error message saying "system software not authorized by verizon wireless please turn off your phone and head to the nearest vzw store". i was like oh . ive flashed custom roms on my gnex and never had a problem this is my first attempt at the s3 though so im pretty sour about the whole thing if anyone has any tips or can help me please email sob372@gmail.com thanks a lot

Default Re: HELP think i bricked my black s3

Quote Originally Posted by sob372 View Post
    just got the black s3 the other day and today i rooted then flashed cwm and cm10 with 4.2 gapps. everything seemed to go well until i did a reboot and i get an error message saying "system software not authorized by verizon wireless please turn off your phone and head to the nearest vzw store". i was like oh . ive flashed custom roms on my gnex and never had a problem this is my first attempt at the s3 though so im pretty sour about the whole thing if anyone has any tips or can help me please email sob372@gmail.com thanks a lot
    You forgot to unlock the bootloader I believe. ODIN back to stock OS, then re-root and be sure to unlock the bootloader this time.

Default Re: HELP think i bricked my black s3

Precisely. Make sure you download EZ unlock before you root, and then execute it immediately AFTER you root before you reboot.