Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Is anyone else having issues with texts nit being sent? According to my best friend, only half of the message is sending and the rest is cut off.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb123 View Post
    Download "Quickshortcutmaker" from the Play Store. Run the app. Search for "blocking". Select the 2nd option. Name your shortcut. There is your shortcut to the dormant settings, and you can now do EXACTLY what you are talking about here. :-)

set it up just like this and thought it was working, the text messages stopped alerting, but the emails vibrated all through the night. I have it set to disable notifications and the volume is turned off on all but ringer. Had it in sound mode all night and the sound and vibrate box is unchecked. Any suggestions?? Cant handle another sleepless night!!!

PS the vibrate box is unchecked on the email preferences also
    Last edited by dogboyr1; 12-17-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bre4ch View Post
    Still can't get the jelly bean look, everything looks the same , no updates for that look either.

Looked trough all the settings - nothing. Friends say , it changes to a new look right after it is installed, didn't happen to me.
    Any suggestions ?
    Any changes are very subtle. Menus are different, as are icons.

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

For those with Battery Issues have you tried changing the cell service back to CDMA/LTE from the Global Mode that it enabled? That seemed to help me.

Anyone able to replicate my calendar widget issue where it my screen glitches when scrolling left to right from the home screen?
    Thanked by:
    Even4steven likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    Is anyone elses SG3 hemorrhaging battery juice for no aparent reason since the update
    Battery seems better, or the same for me.

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    So I have been doing some searching around and it appears I might have fix for the map issue. Apparently this option was turned on with the jellybean update and you want to turn it off.

Go into maps app and do the following - Map > settings > location settings > and unselect "report from this device"

I'm going to give it a try today as well but let me know if that helps with people's battery life now.
    I decided to do this earlier this morning and it appears that my battery has went back to normal. The JB Update turned it on. I'm going to see what other effects it has and report back.

(I also, removed all Map updates as well, but I don't think this has anything to do with it. However, I did notice that when I removed all the updates, it disabled the "Report from this device" option by itself)

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    A true gentleman!

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    Yeah it sucks. I made a thread about this too, and someone posted they removed it (for whatever reason, I have no clue)
    i just reinstalled swiftkey and it seems to still work.

Quote Originally Posted by jasondec72#AC View Post
    I decided to do this earlier this morning and it appears that my battery has went back to normal. The JB Update turned it on. I'm going to see what other effects it has and report back.

(I also, removed all Map updates as well, but I don't think this has anything to do with it. However, I did notice that when I removed all the updates, it disabled the "Report from this device" option by itself)
    I removed updates but when I got into map/settings/location settings, mine says I am not sharing location information. I have gps turned off already. But my battery seems ok. I did a clear cache, not factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by Billylikes View Post
    The main screen on the default email app is very dark. It goes much darker than the settings. Click into an individual email and the brightness comes back? Just like the default browser does?

Can't see to change it? Any tips? I am running white background and black text.
    I noticed the same. I sue the default email app for my work email (exchange) and it is much dimmer than my gmail. The only time the default email app starts to brighten is when I'm exiting the app. Anyone else experience this and any suggestions on why this is happening. I've gone through all of the email settings, the exchange settings and even the display settings to see if something got selected/deselected during the update to JB, but can't find anything,

I could be wrong but my guess is that maps is running more so Google Now knows where you are and can provide better updates. Google Now is nice but...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yes, swiftkey doesn't appear to be affected by the update, it still works just fine.
    juniorgolf18 likes this.

Thanks so much for the tip! I've been looking for a solution. Since my upgrade to Jelly Bean the notification mute feature of Night Clock has stopped working correctly on my Galaxy S3. Your help is appreciated!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    So I have been doing some searching around and it appears I might have fix for the map issue. Apparently this option was turned on with the jellybean update and you want to turn it off.

Go into maps app and do the following - Map > settings > location settings > and unselect "report from this device"

I'm going to give it a try today as well but let me know if that helps with people's battery life now.
    Ditto. I found that solution this morning, as well. I think the Jelly Bean update turned it on by default (it did not used to be on). I turned it off this morning, recharged and then rebooted my phone (to start with a clean battery usage graph). I am happy to report that my maps usage is now showing to be virtually "zero" (I actually used it once for a location-based search) and my battery usage is more in line with what it was before the update.

-SR-

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    Yes, swiftkey doesn't appear to be affected by the update, it still works just fine.
    Not to take off topic, but I use this one and absolutely love it. To me, its better than swiftkey

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by drmaf894c View Post
    Hold down the home button and it is in he options to go to task manager or recent apps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    I click on Google, and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by droidXclone View Post
    I never used the assistive light widget, it is unnecessarily big in my opinion. I use Tesla LED (free from Play) and it has a nice 1x1 widget for simple toggling, and other features within the app- timer, strobe, morse code, etc.

Does yours lag when toggling it on? Toggling mine off, it goes off almost instantaneously.

Is there a way to get rid of the annoying cb# that comes with every text now? Before I didn't have this issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Anomalant View Post
    For those with Battery Issues have you tried changing the cell service back to CDMA/LTE from the Global Mode that it enabled? That seemed to help me.

Anyone able to replicate my calendar widget issue where it my screen glitches when scrolling left to right from the home screen?
    I will try going back to CDMA/LTE. It is a good idea and worth the try

Quote Originally Posted by not2gutta View Post
    Is there a way to get rid of the annoying cb# that comes with every text now? Before I didn't have this issue.
    The sender needs to turn it off. Seems not all JB installs turned it on. Mine didn't.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

Every time I try to copy and paste my phone restarts. Anybody else having the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoK_C89 View Post
    New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

I had that problem this morning , but it resolved after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I'm having several issuea. First one was that my led notifications didn't work. Also I no longer have my bubble notification on the lock screen for missed text. I really loved having that. The keyboard lags when typing online...like now. Texts are norm speed. I tried everything and finally factory reset. I do get led notifications now...however I miss having them even when the screen is not locked. Battery life is better since I set mobile settings back to CDMA/LTE for some reason it automatically changed it with the jb update to Global. I would love to have the brighter led back. Dimmer is not better. The vibrate seems stronger and longer. But not a big deal...just think it uses more battery. Emails...I have 3 emails I use...one exchange and it works and updates emails as it should. But I liked using that app for all of my emails instead of the gmail app since you can't use the motion feature on it. (Tap to top) when I opened it and set all settings the app loaded the oldest emails first and took an hour to get to that day's emails. It still won't work right. I've tried ever setting I could think of...and nothing. ...so I'm forced to use the gmail app and have no use of motion as mentioned earlier. Overall I'm not impressed. I want to flash my phone and get ics back. Unless bug fixes come about.I miss the bubble text notification the most. The keyboard is just annoying...really annoying. Along with the email issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    The sender needs to turn it off. Seems not all JB installs turned it on. Mine didn't.
    Nope. Its automatic. Even if the other person doesn't have it checked to send call back # it will if you have more than one phone number for that person in your contacts. Also will do it if there's an email address and only one phone number. It did the same on my htc Rezound when it updated to jb.
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast