Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Quote Originally Posted by Trilliumknits View Post
    I had that problem this morning , but it resolved after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums
    Unfortunately reboot didn't help. Hopefully it will resolve itself over time tho... Least I know the headphone jack does still work lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The dimming is part of the power-saving features..both in the display setting and the power-saving settings sections. in the display unselect "auto-adjust screen tone" and in the power-saving section uncheck "change background color" this will affect the stock email and browser apps. it will affect your battery usage slightly.
    Thanked by:

Text counts show up on mine on the messaging shortcut on the lockscreen

Handcent is broken since jelly bean. I uninstalled and re-installed but it still doesn't quite work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sf View Post
    The dimming is part of the power-saving features..both in the display setting and the power-saving settings sections. in the display unselect "auto-adjust screen tone" and in the power-saving section uncheck "change background color" this will affect the stock email and browser apps. it will affect your battery usage slightly.
    If you're talking about the LED that most of the people in the thread are talking about, then that would be wrong. The dimmer LED cannot be toggled (although I'd assume it IS a power saving method)

Quote Originally Posted by wowser View Post
    Here are my current findings (not really issues, just differences i see):

1. The notification bar looks grey to me in Jelly Bean instead of black. However when i drop it down it is black. Anyone else see this?
    2. Notification LED's blink very fast now. Before when i had a new Gmail message, i would get a blue led every 4-5 seconds. Now it blinks rapidly, more like once a second. Not sure if there is a way to adjust this in Jelly Bean?

I'm still playing around with it...
    My notification bar is also grey instead of black. I also noticed that what ever pic I use for my lock screen it is washed out, its like the brightness for the lock screen wall paper got turned up. But if I use the pic for anything else its fine.
    If you wire me $100 I will tell you when the 3.0 update rolls out

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

Yes, they do however it functions differently...in ICS you could swipe the text bubble to take you right to that particular text, now if you swipe the text messages shortcut it takes you back into the last text message you sent. Highly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sf View Post
    Text counts show up on mine on the messaging shortcut on the lockscreen

Global Posts
    611 Global Posts

The JB update has been brutal on my battery life. The main culprit appears to be "Media Server," whatever the hell that is. This morning my phone was unplugged from the charger at about 4:47. Thats it. Unplugged and never turned the screen on. 2 hours later the battery is already down to 85%. Media Server is the #1 killer, causing my phone to stay awake for 58 minutes. Of these 2 hours the screen has been on for 2 minutes. Does anybody have any idea what this is and why its murdering my battery?

Ok. I found out why my battery was draining so fast.

It was the "Report from this device" option in the Map settings. (Maps - Settings - Location settings. Uncheck "Report from this device")

That was eating my battery for breakfast. I've disabled that and my battery is 100% back to where it was on ICS.

I'm not sure how this is going to effect Google Now. I'm assuming it will not work correctly because it uses those location settings to work. So if you use Google Now, you may have to suffer with horrible battery life until they get it fixed (unless this is considered normal and will not be fixed)

Hope this helps some of you others who are having battery drain issues.
    drmaf894c likes this.

I had a problem this morning. My phone showed I had an email, I clicked on it and all my email is missing. My inbox, sent all of it. I tried to delete account and it says it wont delete because it is being used by apps. Telling me to do a factory reset. This account isnt e en used with any apps. Does anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by fragologist View Post
    My notification bar is also grey instead of black. I also noticed that what ever pic I use for my lock screen it is washed out, its like the brightness for the lock screen wall paper got turned up. But if I use the pic for anything else its fine.
    My notification bar is gray also and my pics on my wallpaper are very washed out. The color does not seem as vivid and bold after the JB update. It's really annoying me! (First world problems)

Gallery has been eating my battery since update. Since this morning 24% use! Any ideas?

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I have a problem with Google Now. When I do a google search from the home screen it automatically uses Google Now. I am unable to enlarge the search screen to read any small print. When I open a browser and type google.com and then do a search I have no problems enlarging the screen. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Majordeluxe View Post
    My notification bar is gray also and my pics on my wallpaper are very washed out. The color does not seem as vivid and bold after the JB update. It's really annoying me! (First world problems)
    To get rid of the washed out look on the Lock Screen do this : Settings > Lock Screen > Lock Screen Options > Ripple Effect (uncheck) and should fix that issue.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifer Riley View Post
    I'm having several issuea. First one was that my led notifications didn't work. Also I no longer have my bubble notification on the lock screen for missed text. I really loved having that. The keyboard lags when typing online...like now. Texts are norm speed. I tried everything and finally factory reset. I do get led notifications now...however I miss having them even when the screen is not locked. Battery life is better since I set mobile settings back to CDMA/LTE for some reason it automatically changed it with the jb update to Global. I would love to have the brighter led back. Dimmer is not better. The vibrate seems stronger and longer. But not a big deal...just think it uses more battery. Emails...I have 3 emails I use...one exchange and it works and updates emails as it should. But I liked using that app for all of my emails instead of the gmail app since you can't use the motion feature on it. (Tap to top) when I opened it and set all settings the app loaded the oldest emails first and took an hour to get to that day's emails. It still won't work right. I've tried ever setting I could think of...and nothing. ...so I'm forced to use the gmail app and have no use of motion as mentioned earlier. Overall I'm not impressed. I want to flash my phone and get ics back. Unless bug fixes come about.I miss the bubble text notification the most. The keyboard is just annoying...really annoying. Along with the email issues.
    You can adjust the intensity and length of the vibrations... its under Settings>Sounds>Vibration Intensity

double post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by kj11aw View Post
    The JB update has been brutal on my battery life. The main culprit appears to be "Media Server," whatever the hell that is. This morning my phone was unplugged from the charger at about 4:47. Thats it. Unplugged and never turned the screen on. 2 hours later the battery is already down to 85%. Media Server is the #1 killer, causing my phone to stay awake for 58 minutes. Of these 2 hours the screen has been on for 2 minutes. Does anybody have any idea what this is and why its murdering my battery?

Can often be a corrupt image or video etc on your sd card. I would save SD contents to your computer and format the card and see if that helps.

Another thing it could be is under your google account do you have sync google play music? Try unchecking that.

Add this to the list...

Screen doesn't automatically turn off in the Samsung Desktop Cradle. REALLY annoying. I think it only goes black when all notifications are clear...but it always comes back on when charge reaches 100%.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

My issue is my Hotmail account stopped working, it "says" it sent the email, but it never arrives, plus I no longer get emails to that account on my phone.

My Gmail account is working as normal.

Very confusing!

You guys will call me nuts but I'm so comfortable with ICS and reading all these issues you folks are dealing with make me even more happy that I stayed with it. It sucks to have a great phone but you can't get it to perform how you want it to because of issues from an update that was supposed to make your phone perform better. All the "buttery smoothness" doesn't seem worth all the hassle I'm reading that the majority of you are going through. I've never been the type to jump on something just because of the hype. Let the kinks get worked out and I'll mess with it when it's tweaked. Just my opinion of course but I'm in absolutely no rush to get rid of ICS at the moment.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    kj11 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    You guys will call me nuts but I'm so comfortable with ICS and reading all these issues you folks are dealing with make me even more happy that I stayed with it. It sucks to have a great phone but you can't get it to perform how you want it to because of issues from an update that was supposed to make your phone perform better. All the "buttery smoothness" doesn't seem worth all the hassle I'm reading that the majority of you are going through. I've never been the type to jump on something just because of the hype. Let the kinks get worked out and I'll mess with it when it's tweaked. Just my opinion of course but I'm in absolutely no rush to get rid of ICS at the moment.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
    I would go back to ICS if I could. (At least until they got these issues worked out)

from my experience i had to dump default browser.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

absolutely no issues with JB.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Everything was going perfect until I realized that my 4g network isn't working. I can't get on the internet at all. It gives me this "server error" message, no matter what I do. I can text and the wifi works, but I can't get on the internet or do anything related to the internet without using the wifi. Anyone know how to fix this/is having the same problem?

Gone some new issues to report that haven't been mentioned yet:

Email:
    I keep getting alerted that there's a new email, but it shows me the same one every 15 minutes since late last night. It's has got to be the email app since it only happens with one account and the email is never marked new. When I actually do receive a new email, it does it continuously alters me regarding this new email. I had to turn my alerts off.
    1x1 email widget is gone. This is the most upsetting thing since I use the phone primarily for email. I used the widget to get into a particular email account. At first, the preexisting widget was fine, then by that evening, the labels for the individual mail boxes went away. I removed the widget to add it back and to my dismay, the widget was no longer an option. I know I can use another email app, but why should I have to all the sudden switch?

Roaming:
    All the sudden I am roaming everywhere. I can't get the warning to go away. I have switched from global to Lte without luck. I have not tried GSM thoroughly however. Might be related to another persons problem with 4G connectivity.

In general, the device seems faster, but I have not seem any significant change in battery life. Since the radio is weak, and I don't have very good service anyway, it is always searching for signal and draining the battery.
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast