Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

For problems with sound cutting out in messages... Go into messaging and settings and turn off delete old messages... that fixes the issue
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by eggobb View Post
    Roaming:
    All the sudden I am roaming everywhere. I can't get the warning to go away. I have switched from global to Lte without luck. I have not tried GSM thoroughly however. Might be related to another persons problem with 4G connectivity.

In general, the device seems faster, but I have not seem any significant change in battery life. Since the radio is weak, and I don't have very good service anyway, it is always searching for signal and draining the battery.
    There's a setting for roaming in Settings -> More Settings -> Mobile Networks. Take a look there, if you haven't already.

Have you considered the Verizon Network Extender? Really helps at my house, although I'm just a little put off that I need it...I pay the same as everyone else for service, and have to pay extra to get it. Anyways, it solved the fast battery drain due to low cell phone signal strength problem at my house.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnneil View Post
    Terrible battery life.
    Battery life certainly has decreased.

I hope someone can put together a list of things we can turn off to return battery life with Jelly Bean to that which we had with ICS.

Can't get Yahoo mail to function.
    ...."please select an account and enter your password to sync with this device"....

After I enter the password for Yahoo and hit "restore", I get "Account setup error occurred - 504 Gateway Timeout"

ROM
    Stock Note 2

Call Recorder stopped working. Nothing recognizable ..... all static ... worked great before! Tried about 5 others & the same thing

Cheers, Jon

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    anyone having any issues with the autocorrect on their keyboard?
    I am! any way to turn it on? its really annoying.

i think the reason not a lot are complaining is that i think most use sqype around here

Quote Originally Posted by WarER4X View Post
    Ditto. I found that solution this morning, as well. I think the Jelly Bean update turned it on by default (it did not used to be on). I turned it off this morning, recharged and then rebooted my phone (to start with a clean battery usage graph). I am happy to report that my maps usage is now showing to be virtually "zero" (I actually used it once for a location-based search) and my battery usage is more in line with what it was before the update.

-SR-
    But is that going to affect Google Now, or does that use the navigation system to find your location?

Not really a problem, more of an inconvenience. Stock music controls not showing up on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I guess the gray notification bar is a standard part of JB. I looked at a buddies Sprint GS3 running JB and its the same. I thought it might have just been Verizon. Not a big fan of the gray.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #285  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Never mind...it's working...
    Last edited by HalizDad; 12-18-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Have not had noticeable battery problems.
    Really miss the msg notification bubble on lock screen.
    Some things seem more "buttery smooth" but when holding the home button it takes a lot longer to bring up open apps to kill or multitask.
    Glitch/flickering when scrolling or playing some games.
    TouchWiz kept unexpectedly stopping when trying to delete an empty page but got that fixed by changing animation speed ( not sure why that fixed it ), BUT now when opening an app folder its really slow like the animation speed is on 10 no matter what i set it on. REALLY ANNOYING
    And I REALLY miss the msg notification bubble.
    And I thought we were going to be able to swipe directly from taking a picture to the picture gallery, or was that just for the nexus or something?

Since the update, my music library has been screwed up. The music is there, but everything minus the titles of tracks (tracks are labeled differently) are labeled as <unknown>. I deleted the music, re-uploaded and same thing.
    Chetan SB likes this.

Unhappy Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

help me with notifaction sounds too

help me my aol email telling me to my password has changed but it has not and i changed it thinking it would help but it did not. would not let me delete email account so i could re add it again.

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtech5 View Post
    Not really a problem, more of an inconvenience. Stock music controls not showing up on lock screen.

I have the stock Music Player added to the lock screen. Are you having an issue with the controls not showing up on the lock screen when the Music Player is active and in use?

@ dog5000, yes when I'm playing music the controls don't show up on lock screen. How did you do it?

I have to reboot my phone to get new songs I added to it to show up in Google's Play Music or Samsung's Music Player apps.

I REALLY miss the bubble notifications on the lock screen.
    Everytime I lose service and I'm using wifi, the wifi will disconnect and reconnect again. It never did that before.
    I also don't like how there is no option to remove the callback number from received text messages.

Angry Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Well i was searching for this Forum from the time i updated ma phone to JB.
    To start with all that was supposed to be overcome(butter effect, smooth scrolling, super fast navigation etc...) has increased.
    I have seen ma phone drastically slowdown and it takes approx 4 seconds to open up call logs or message logs.
    I did a factory restet too. It resolved the issue for about 20 mins. Later same pain.
    I thought there was some problem with ma phone but friend of mine who had S3 too updated it same day and guess what, he calls me and logs the same issue.
    processor consumption is bad. it is always 700mb or more consumption. I have the basic apps and nothing additional in my phone, still it is slower than basic android phones.
    I liked ICS better and faster. God some one please help us.

I have this problem too

Verizon posts re Yahoo Maill Problems:

Quote Originally Posted by Chetan SB View Post
    Well i was searching for this Forum from the time i updated ma phone to JB.
    To start with all that was supposed to be overcome(butter effect, smooth scrolling, super fast navigation etc...) has increased.
    I have seen ma phone drastically slowdown and it takes approx 4 seconds to open up call logs or message logs.
    I did a factory restet too. It resolved the issue for about 20 mins. Later same pain.
    I thought there was some problem with ma phone but friend of mine who had S3 too updated it same day and guess what, he calls me and logs the same issue.
    processor consumption is bad. it is always 700mb or more consumption. I have the basic apps and nothing additional in my phone, still it is slower than basic android phones.
    I liked ICS better and faster. God some one please help us.
    Another vote for ICS.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtech5 View Post
    @ dog5000, yes when I'm playing music the controls don't show up on lock screen. How did you do it?

I can't get it to work either. Can get the player shortcut on the lock screen, but that's it. There's a feature in Accessories to enable audio applications in the quick panel, but that's not helping for the lock screen. I know many of the popular music apps on the Play store do support lock screen awareness and control, but I quit using them under ICS as they were randomly crashing. Not sure if that was an ICS artifact or a problem with the third party players. I'm going to try some of those soon as the lock screen controls are a nice feature.

How do you add the controls to the lockscreen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

My wife received the update and the contacts feature stopped working. This in turn caused the phone app and Google voice apps to no longer work. Our google contacts would also no longer sync for any of our accounts. Not sure which thing was the cause and which was the effect but the end state was a non-functional device. I tried 3 factory resets (just in case the first two didn't work) and they had no effect.

I know for sure the our google accounts sync fine on ICS and other variants of Jelly Bean (Nexus 7 and Dinc Evervolv versions) so it's clearly an issue with the VZW SG III JB variant.

Called Verizon and they shipped a replacement device which is still on ICS so all is back to normal. At least until Verizon decides to push the Jelly Bean update to our phones again.
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415 ... LastLast