Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Google Now voice comands don't work if my bluetooth is connected (Motorola Elite Sliver). When I say "Google" the screen says "Initializing" for 15-20 seconds and then says "Can't reach Google at the moment, Retry". In fact all speech to text functions no longer work when my bluetooth is connected. If I turn the bluetooth off, Google Now (and all speech to text functions) works flawlessly and it's pretty amazing. This is a real pain since I use my bluetooth all day, every day.

so far the bad battery life and Google Play stops playing after a few songs.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #328  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

I just did a factory reset and took the update after leaving root. I think I can work through all the issues I will come across.

I can tell my battery is taking a nose dive, lost about 10% in the past 20 minutes, this should be fun

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBuckeye View Post
    I can tell my battery is taking a nose dive, lost about 10% in the past 20 minutes, this should be fun
    I tried just about everything mentioned on a few forums such as adjusting screen brightness, turning off motion controls, disabling location information in Maps, etc., and nothing really worked. Last night, I went into Google Now and clicked on "show sample cards", and edited the settings for each category such that they weren't constantly checking for sports updates, checking for traffic on my commute to and from work and every other "favorite" place I had saved, etc.. I've noticed my "stay awake" time isn't as high now. It's too early to tell if this fixed it (for me personally, at least), but I think it might have.

I haven't even gone into Google Now yet...it sounds like it's a good reason why it drians..

If I haven't gone into it yet or done anything with it, is it still running in the background and checking for things?

No, it doesn't do anything until you enable and configure it. At least I don't see it doing anything, and I have no plans to do anything with it at this point.

Assistive light worked fine before and after update on my S3.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    No, it doesn't do anything until you enable and configure it. At least I don't see it doing anything, and I have no plans to do anything with it at this point.
    This is half true from my experience. Once you enable it (the little pop-up box that comes up the first time you open it), it will configure itself without you doing anything and will become self-aware. It noticed the weather I was googling, the locations I was looking for on maps, the team scores I checked, and based on the browsing history it created cards of it's own that it was auto checking and updating every few minutes. I wasn't even using navigation on my way to work and I saw a card say "there is a 5 minute delay on your route to work", which leads me to believe it does these things unless you alter the default settings to stop it, as I did.

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    You guys will call me nuts but I'm so comfortable with ICS and reading all these issues you folks are dealing with make me even more happy that I stayed with it. It sucks to have a great phone but you can't get it to perform how you want it to because of issues from an update that was supposed to make your phone perform better. All the "buttery smoothness" doesn't seem worth all the hassle I'm reading that the majority of you are going through. I've never been the type to jump on something just because of the hype. Let the kinks get worked out and I'll mess with it when it's tweaked. Just my opinion of course but I'm in absolutely no rush to get rid of ICS at the moment.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

I couldn't agree more! However, last night the Verizon gremlins came while I was sleeping and updated my phone to Jelly Bean anyway

Quote Originally Posted by blazin247 View Post
    This is half true from my experience. Once you enable it (the little pop-up box that comes up the first time you open it), it will configure itself without you doing anything and will become self-aware. It noticed the weather I was googling, the locations I was looking for on maps, the team scores I checked, and based on the browsing history it created cards of it's own that it was auto checking and updating every few minutes. I wasn't even using navigation on my way to work and I saw a card say "there is a 5 minute delay on your route to work", which leads me to believe it does these things unless you alter the default settings to stop it, as I did.
    Ah, you enabled it. If you don't enable it (I mention configuring simply because that would allow you to make it do what you want it to do if you were to enable it *smile*), Google Now doesn't do anything. If you are going to enable it, yes, you'll need to configure it, or it will do whatever it is configured by default to do, which isn't likely to be exactly what you'd like. However, if you don't enable it in the first place, it won't do anything on your phone.

Cannot connect to computer via usb. All I get is a charging symbol. No mtp/ptp option. Anyone else having this issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Then you don't have the drivers installed.

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    Then you don't have the drivers installed.
    And use the USB cable that came with the phone.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I'll try the cable that came with the phone. Unfortunately I take pictures with my phone for work and update them to case files. My company prevents employees from downloading any software or drivers onto their computers. Never had to download drivers with ics.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Use your own pc.

Wish I could but program used to update my cases is exclusive to work computer for security reasons. Worst case scenario is emailing myself photos.

I use Handcent SMS app for texting and ever since I got update pushed through this morning:

When I tap icon to open app, then tap a contact to open up conversation string with them, a notification icon immediately pops up in the bar up top. If I hit back button twice or hit home button to exit the program, the icon remains present up on the notification bar. Here's where it gets weird. When I drag down the notification bar, the Handcent notification is telling me that I have 32 new messages (when in fact I didn't get any) and the notification is dated Dec 15th (today is the 20th) The problem is repeatable, happens every time. Also, if I don't clear that false-positive icon, my LED indicator stops working for everything. Not blue blink for Handcent, not red for charging, not green for full charge, No other LED for other apps functions either. As soon as I clear the false Handcent notification all the LED notifications work fine again, including if get a legit text through Handcent, as long as I cleared the false one first before receiving it. Now I just sent myself a test text and the LED worked fine and it vibrated as set, but when I dragged down the Handcent notification that appeared, it said I had 33 new messages! It just added my new test text to the 32 message false-positive notification. Then I tap it and only my new test text is there. That part is fine. It sounds to me like Handcent is having a bad reaction to the system upgrade and they will have to issue a fix. But I just wanted to know if anyone else out there that uses Handcent has been experiencing the same thing or not and perhaps even knows of a workaround. It's always nice to know you're not the only one when these things happen.

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

I am having the same problem, not with calls though. but my text sound wasn't working, even tried to set it back to a default sound, still only plays half the sound. anyone found a fix to this?

Is nobody else having issues with Google Maps crashing? Specifically when trying to navigate?

Other than this serious issue which pisses me off to no end, the phone works as it did with ICS.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scubbie View Post
    I am having the same problem, not with calls though. but my text sound wasn't working, even tried to set it back to a default sound, still only plays half the sound. anyone found a fix to this?
    I've read several places that they went to their settings within Messaging and changed the "Delete old messages" setting, and it fixed their sound issue with texts. Give it a shot.
    Thanked by:

Just got my SGSIII and updated to JB. Everything was okay, then I see everytime I have the keyboard up, the 'Choose your input method' shows up in the notification bar and it's ANNOYING! Anyone else having this problem? How the heck do I get rid of it?

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by mk51 View Post
    Just got my SGSIII and updated to JB. Everything was okay, then I see everytime I have the keyboard up, the 'Choose your input method' shows up in the notification bar and it's ANNOYING! Anyone else having this problem? How the heck do I get rid of it?
    If you are not using the stock keyboard, it will do that. Did it in ics too. I haven't seen a mod to remove on ics or jb but doesn't mean it's not out there.

No problem with Swiftkey 3, but I still can't access or set up my Yahoo Mail account which worked fine with ICS.
    I installed Android Assistant, which my son-in-law recommended to help close down things I didn't need open and battery life has improved. Initially it was terrible.

the new low light setting for the camera is fine if you like pink pictures. They're just about uncorrectable in Photoshop, so I've taken to converting them to b/w.

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    If you are not using the stock keyboard, it will do that. Did it in ics too. I haven't seen a mod to remove on ics or jb but doesn't mean it's not out there.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Is it me or does S-memo require you to hold-edit the memo to view it. Single tap doesn't view it anymore.
    Verizon GS3 - "Give me signal or give me death!"
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 ... LastLast