Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Quote Originally Posted by ddschneider1972 View Post
    so far the bad battery life and Google Play stops playing after a few songs.
    I uninstalled Play Music updates and it's been working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HaVoK_C89 View Post
    New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    I'm seeing similar using Google Music.... several songs will play out of my aux cable to radio... then suddenly next one starts playing through phone speaker... I skip to next track and it plays through aux again.... this NEVER happened before. (also poor battery life.... & did they change home button behavior? I swear pressing home button would simply wake screen... now it takes me out of current app and sends me immediately to desktop.)

And anyone else using home screen replacement? Currently running ADW (paid) and every time I reboot phone I get the option screen asking if I want to use ADW all the time or just once.

Right after the update, my phone started freezing and rebooting every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it would freeze while I was doing something on the phone, and then reboot a few seconds later. I thought it was Juice Defender. When I uninstalled it, the phone seemed to be back to normal (except for the increased battery drain). However, I just turned off Mobile Data, and the phone froze and rebooted.

Is anyone else having problems when they turn off mobile data? Every time I try, the phone freezes and reboots.

sometimes whatever sound i have picked out for text messages will not play at all or gets cut off

Samsung music player freezes after a few songs and will not respond until phone is rebooted. Songbird works fine. Music is on external SD ~30GB

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Does anybody have any knowledge about "Media Server" and "Media" showing heavy background battery usage?

the two main issues i have with my gs3 are battery life and heat. My battery life is pretty bad on the phone now like it shrunk in half. The heat its producing after about 10 minutes of usage is pretty annoying too. It heats from the screen to the back of the phone.

Has anyone noticed erratic response to voice capture with the camera?
    Sometimes it works, sometimes there's no response at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocker007 View Post
    Does anybody have any knowledge about "Media Server" and "Media" showing heavy background battery usage?
    I had this issue. The media will take 50% to 70% of the battery life, the phone runs hot and the battery drains fast. I did a factory reset and all is well now.

Quote Originally Posted by lbkiml View Post
    Is it me or does S-memo require you to hold-edit the memo to view it. Single tap doesn't view it anymore.
    No problem with mine a tap still opens it.

my phone has had the same problem, are they going to put a ota fix for it?

did a factory reset no good

no issues since update except battery life. I changed the setting from global to lte/cdma and will see if that helps

Hey guys first time poster, long time lurker. Figured it was time to post in the hopes that Samsung will make the fixes soon.
    I've been monitoring my phone's quirks after the JB update and I've noticed the following:

- My BIGGEST complaint: The fact that the OE email app for non gmail services (in this case my yahoo email) completely stopped syncing, and even after hitting refresh no new emails come in (settings won't allow me to remove my account either).
    - Slower performance, noticeable lag during simple menu scrolls at times.
    - Issues with goSMS pro app (uninstalled it because the texting lag became unbearable).
    - The screen periodically doesn't time out at all (settings are fine), it just stays on until I manually turn it off with the lock button (may be a post JB Smart Stay issue?)
    - Text notification sound is inconsistent, doesn't happen all of the time or gets cut off.
    - Gripe: Not crazy about the new LED colors for notifications, I'll look into third party to color code things the way I likes.

I've done all of the standard remedies aside from resetting to factory, I plan on waiting it out for now.

I haven't noticed worse battery life, actually seems better but I will monitor it more closely.
    I really do love my S3 and JB is promising but I wish I waited before updating to JB because I gave up a stable phone for the new thing.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrocker007 View Post
    I am having the same problem. If I go into gsam battery monitor, and look on the list of apps that are using battery, Media is at the top. Click on it, tap in Manage, and Force close Downloads. That seems to help - until the next reboot. Then Media (which according to better battery stats is really media scanner service) just starts running and won't let my phone sleep. Battery drains really fast! My GS3 was perfect before, now this is driving me crazy. Anyone have a permanent solution? I tried a factory reset (twice), reformatting my sd card, and a different reformatted sd card. No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by jkmasi View Post
    I am having the same problem. If I go into gsam battery monitor, and look on the list of apps that are using battery, Media is at the top. Click on it, tap in Manage, and Force close Downloads. That seems to help - until the next reboot. Then Media (which according to better battery stats is really media scanner service) just starts running and won't let my phone sleep. Battery drains really fast! My GS3 was perfect before, now this is driving me crazy. Anyone have a permanent solution? I tried a factory reset (twice), reformatting my sd card, and a different reformatted sd card. No difference.
    Two thing I have done that seem to drastically increase battety life:
    1) Remove sd card (originally formatted under froyo). This seems to have stopped the runaway scan processes.long term fix may be reformat as others have suggested.
    2) Disable google location sevices. This kills my battery particularly when i'm inside without gps reception.

I am also not using any power drain apps such as google now, and have email set to never check (though it does anyway).

Hope this helps somebody!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Google location doesn't use GPS though, right? It uses nearby wireless signals or something.
    Verizon GS3 - "Give me signal or give me death!"
    lv2bsilly likes this.

Fixed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Issues After Update-uploadfromtaptalk1356366551295.jpg  
    Last edited by Hatren; 12-24-2012 at 01:07 PM.

On the siii. Go to settings and then sounds. Go to vibtation then change the text vibration. It will change it for all texts not just at night. I had to fix it that way on mine. Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeMike3 View Post
    You need to find dormant mode in the settings. I have yet to find it but I know it is there. Someone posted that you download quickshortcutmaker and search for blocking mode

- - - Updated - - -

You need to find dormant mode in the settings. I have yet to find it but I know it is there. Someone posted that you download quickshortcutmaker and search for blocking mode
    Go to settings, vibration, change text to none. It will completely shut the vibration off.

The built in swype doesn't work very well.in fact the auto correct in this is atrocious(my messages read like gibberish)! Battery life has diminished.when I hit the Back← arrow Once it closes my app, Google browser constantly opens to Only the search page.it NEVER opens where i left it last and closes all tabs/pages without warning.from the Lock screen it takes me to All messages Not the one just received.
    I Hate the changes.its not an improvement for me.with sudden app closures and the google browser constantly 'going home' on its own.
    I liked typing on my Razr, had less random weirdness and misspells.I hate in on my GS3 it takes me longer.

Quote Originally Posted by alejandra92963 View Post
    On the siii. Go to settings and then sounds. Go to vibtation then change the text vibration. It will change it for all texts not just at night. I had to fix it that way on mine. Hope that helps
    Vibration for texts can be set under the settings for text messaging with the stock text messaging app. Just go into text messaging app, and go into settings in that app, and you'll find vibration settings for text messages.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update - horrible battery drain, mostly by "media"- how to stop it

short of the ridiculously time consuming factory reset, how do i get rid of this horrible battery sapping "media" and what is it ? prior to this terrible JB update, norton utilities worked well to shut down programs and save battery power. now its ineffective and battery life has plummeted ! am losing 10% an hour or more with light usage. Help !! am a big GS3 fan but about to get rid of it if this isnt fixed. this is ridiculous and has never happened before with any ota for me.

My only issues so far has been the Google Music bug. The one where you are listening to a song via headphones, then it turns the headphones off and starts playing thru the phones speaker.

Angry Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Hi, I'm having the EXACT same problem. Initially my phone began freezing, but I thought it was because it was due to me not waiting for full installation to occur. Now its been 5 days and I cant even use the phone. S3 freezes few minutes after my phone reboots. For like 10 min even during restart it would freeze with BLACK screen as if battery had died.

Anyone knows any solutions to this problem????
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718 ... LastLast