Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #451  
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    Texting has been fine for me all day. Could be a temporary network issue in your area. Here are the problems I've noticed.
    2. Mobile Hotspot: Force closes from Settings or via the Verizon Mobile Hotspot.
    3. Tethering: Force closes with USB. Have not tried Bluetooth.
    2. I simply downloaded a new widget (Hotspot Toggle Widget by Fattin Hotspot Network) and mine has worked flawlessly.
    3. Try Bluetooth. It works great.
    Thanked by:

A Factory Reset appears to have solved the Hotspot problem. I'll try Bluetooth maybe over the weekend. More details here Wifi Tethering Problems on VZW S3
    I'll keep Fattin Hotspot Network in mind if I run into problems again.

Why not just avoid all the problems, factory resets, battery pulls, etc. and buy a phone that actually works day-in and day-out like it's supposed to, the iPhone? I used to be a Samsung fan until my Samsung TV, washing machine, digital camera, and DVD player all pooped out on me a month or two after the 1-year warranty expired. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung product again, and that is why I avoided the Galaxy S3 in favor of the iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by zippero View Post
    Why not just avoid all the problems, factory resets, battery pulls, etc. and buy a phone that actually works day-in and day-out like it's supposed to, the iPhone? I used to be a Samsung fan until my Samsung TV, washing machine, digital camera, and DVD player all pooped out on me a month or two after the 1-year warranty expired. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung product again, and that is why I avoided the Galaxy S3 in favor of the iPhone.
    I think it's perfect logic to avoid the top-rated Samsung phone because you had problems with your other Samsung products although you don't know anything about their phones. Everyone knows the iPhone is the most perfect device ever manufactured and has no problems whatsoever. I may just run out now (since the snow has melted a bit) and return my SIII (which for the most part has given me no problems since the day I got it) and get an iPhone based on your post. That way I can have dead Steve Jobs control my life from the grave and tell me what I can and can not do since my decision-making is obviously not as good as Apple's. Thank you for changing my life and setting me straight.
    Why are you even here?
    Thanked by 3:

Can anyone help me with the stock white background, its really annoying me.. Please need help...

I've had the same issues after jelly bean update on my at&t samsung galaxy 3 phone reset freeze even after factory reset pull the battery had to trade my phone and get new one

does anyone have an issue where if your listening to music via headphones then launch an app that uses sound the music starts to play from the speaker and not the head phones

I don't really like this but O I had the same issue, 1/2 was crystalized.

Is this my husband??? LOLOLOL!!!

Hi, primary issue I have with my Verizon Galaxy S3 running JB is that the stock email app will not sync all my folders. Did not have this issue with my Fascinate running ICS nor my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus which is still on ICS. I setup my yahoo account via "other" manually with the correct imap settings. Sending/receiving works fine, sent and trash folder sync. I can see my personal folders (i.e. etickets, fitness, financial, etc.) but when I open the folder there are no emails after it syncs. Only folders I see emails in are folders where I move an email from the inbox to that folder while on the S3. Whereas on my tablet I see everything I see on my PC and did see on my Fascinate. Driving me nuts!

Over all I am happy with the update, but I had no choice either. I woke up one morning, and my phone was automatically in the middle of the update. (I have a Samsung S2 LTE on Rogers in Canada) I am finding that it is much faster, and the stock camera much better then before. I do however miss the calendar that came stock with ICS, and I can't seem to find one that I like yet. Also, there was a great app that allowed me to post to both Twitter and Facebook at the same time, and it kept track of my text messages too. I can't remember what it was called even, but I can't seem to find another app that does everything it did. Not a fan of Hootsuite. Anyone know what it was called originally??

Navigation crashes, calendar notifications not working at the right time and sometimes not at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

My only issue is with Google accounts not syncing automatically. My Gmail is borderline unusable- it never refreshes automatically and resends emails multiple times.
    When I go to the account sync settings, I can manually sync calendar and picassa photos, but it always defaults to 'sync disabled.'

Been frustrated with Verizon for a while and this might be the final straw. Really pathetic they can't manage an OS upgrade properly by now and continue to raise rates.

Quote Originally Posted by sekots View Post
    My only issue is with Google accounts not syncing automatically. My Gmail is borderline unusable- it never refreshes automatically and resends emails multiple times.
    When I go to the account sync settings, I can manually sync calendar and picassa photos, but it always defaults to 'sync disabled.'

Been frustrated with Verizon for a while and this might be the final straw. Really pathetic they can't manage an OS upgrade properly by now and continue to raise rates.
    If it was a Verizon issue you'd be hearing from a lot more people having the problem. If it's just a few people here and there most likely it's something with their device in particular. Just my thoughts...
    Premium1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    If it was a Verizon issue you'd be hearing from a lot more people having the problem. If it's just a few people here and there most likely it's something with their device in particular. Just my thoughts...
    You realize you're reading a 19 page complaint list about the Verizon GSiii Jelly Bean update, right?

You realize you're reading a 19 page complaint list about the Verizon GSiii Jelly Bean update, right?
    Of course I do. I also don't see anyone else with your particular issue which tells me it's not a common problem and very likely specific to your device.

Bluetooth connects instantly now.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Of course I do. I also don't see anyone else with your particular issue which tells me it's not a common problem and very likely specific to your device.
    Just out of curiosity, are you scanning this thread and adding that comment to all the one-off issues you can find? Wish you could just move on with your business and not concern yourself with this.

Just out of curiosity, are you scanning this thread and adding that comment to all the one-off issues you can find? Wish you could just move on with your business and not concern yourself with this.
    Nope. Your original post made your issue sound like Verizon's incompetence and I'm just trying to show you that I don't believe it is. If it was Verizon's incompetence then there would be more complaints about it. You referenced the fact that this thread has 19 pages of posts (possibly assuming that this issue has come up before) and I had some time and checked. Blame Verizon for lots of things (I do as well as others) but unless there are lots of complaints about the same issue then I find it difficult to blame them. At that point I stand by my original statement and say it's probably something specific to your device. Most likely it can be fixed by doing a factory reset. When I got the original JB update I had many issues and a factory reset fixed most of them. You would obviously rather blame Verizon. I would rather try every way possible first to fix a problem myself than blame someone else. We obviously differ in our philosophies. I'm done with this now. You can continue blaming Verizon to your heart's content but the first thing they'll do is tell you to factory reset your phone anyway.

i lost my google account email. it is not syncing. only thing i can think of is to delete it and redo it, but why cant they do something right

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

go away with your . verizon is always the blame. they do an update and i lose my email google account. why do i have to do a factory reset and lose everything on my s3 for there screwup

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Update killed my hotspot. It says carrier has blocked hotspot.

Thumbs down Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

I Updated Last Night, And MyTexting Is Off As You Can See with My capitalIzing It'sThrowing It Off . I Also Can't Get Onto Wifi With The Jb Update Now. It Says To Use usb Or Bluetooth mode. I Have Contacted Pdanet mfr. I Have Verizon And A Motorola razr

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin Dewey View Post
    I Updated Last Night, And MyTexting Is Off As You Can See with My capitalIzing It'sThrowing It Off . I Also Can't Get Onto Wifi With The Jb Update Now. It Says To Use usb Or Bluetooth mode. I Have Contacted Pdanet mfr. I Have Verizon And A Motorola razr
    This is a Samsung GS3 thread.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
    Kennyb123 likes this.

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but all my playlists have disappeared....my music is still there, but no playlists....Also, I can't speak a location in the Navigation app, it crashes. I have rebooted many times, pulled the battery, still nothing....And, I do not want to do a factory reset, can anyone help?