Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

JB partially fixed issue I was having with the horrendous lag in music playlists that are pulled over via iSyncr from iTunes (see Music Playlist Lag for more detail)

It is partial as there is still lag, but no where near what it was. Now it "studders" as you scroll up/down in default "music player" app's playlists, where before the lag was a second or two per swipe/scroll.
    tony477g likes this.

Strange little flicker when setting wallpaper with quickpic. I'm on nova launcher, but haven't tried it out on stock yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitchen42 View Post
    Anybody else having a lot of trouble expanding/collapsing notifications in the notifications bar?
    I'm having this issue also. Any ideas?

So FoxFi still works but the Verizon Hotspot turns on in the background. I'm worried I'm going to get charged the $20 a month since I'm still locked in the unlimited data plan. Anyone know anything about this? I know people who have the new data plan get the Mobile Hotspot for free....I don't have that.

The main screen on the default email app is very dark. It goes much darker than the settings. Click into an individual email and the brightness comes back? Just like the default browser does?

Can't see to change it? Any tips? I am running white background and black text.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Anybody else having a lot of trouble expanding/collapsing notifications in the notifications bar?
    Possibly. I've been trying to expand email notifications to read the body of the email in the notification bar. It doesn't seem to work... I wonder if it's been disabled? Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jerethi View Post
    Possibly. I've been trying to expand email notifications to read the body of the email in the notification bar. It doesn't seem to work... I wonder if it's been disabled? Has anyone else noticed this?

I'm having that issue as well. I also don't get the Callback/Text options on a missed call either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyb123 View Post
    I have very little negative to say about this update! The phone FLIES now... little touches are evident everywhere. Apps load faster. Love that the screen brightness is finally in the notification bar, and that the scroll bar up top finishes it's initial scroll much faster. They still didn't get rid of the "Ongoing" notification about wifi, but I'll give it a pass because of the brightness settings finally being available.

The multi-tasking menu is MUCH faster to load and close apps. Google Now is working great. Having had Adobe Flash 11 installed prior to updating, it's still there and functional on the default browser.

I can't believe anyone would consider NOT getting this update!!
    That ongoing notification drives me crazy, I don't know why, but it does. Also, the notification bar seems to be a slight shade of grey, as someone else mentioned.
    chadderbox likes this.

I can't disable backup assistant plus, wtf! Anyone know how to get rid of it? It just backed up, please,, I had it disabled on ice cream.
    ashishb likes this.
    KFC

I cannot delete screens. Each time I try touchwiz crashes
    Curly62 likes this.

I can definitely tell it's grey now.

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Can't get it to work either.

Quote Originally Posted by richardfoc View Post
    I'm having that issue as well. I also don't get the Callback/Text options on a missed call either.
    for notifications you pinch to zoom horizontally to expand and contract the notification. no idea why Verizon changed it from the 2-finger pull down method.
    Last edited by xemtra; 12-14-2012 at 04:22 PM.
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
    for notifications you pinch to zoom horrizontially to expand and contract the notification. no idea why Verizon changed it from the 2-finder pull down method.
    +1 this. Was about to write it - you beat me to it.

I actually have the leak installed and it has a Bluetooth bug - can someone check if it got fixed somehow? When connected to Bluetooth that includes connection to media, Google dictation won't initialize and work. It works if not on Bluetooth, but the connection breaks it. Can someone test it on the OTA? I expect it to do the same, but I can dream, can't I? !

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Can't sync my Google contacts.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by xemtra View Post
    for notifications you pinch to zoom horrizontially to expand and contract the notification. no idea why Verizon changed it from the 2-finder pull down method.
    Thanks! That did the trick for me!

By the way, has anyone else felt that the notification bar doesn't seem as smooth as it was under ICS?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Yeah I was wondering how to work the notifications. I am getting a screen flicker while using WhatsApp... Anyone having a similar issue?

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

my verizon email account keeps loading emails form last week that i have deleted ? Any ideas how to stop this ?

Quote Originally Posted by lynnneil View Post
    Terrible battery life.
    Think this will get sorted outin upcoming months??

Sent from my Galaxy S3

It is weird. When you expand the notification bar its black. But when it's collapsed and your looking at your home screen its definitely Grey.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by KFC View Post
    I cannot delete screens. Each time I try touchwiz crashes
    Same thing happens to me. I have 2 empty screens I want to delete and I can' . Touchwiz Home crashes.

My corporate e-mail keep reloading older emails. It happens a few times a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by Empty J View Post
    And where is this "dormant mode" I read about in the new TouchWiz? (Dormant mode - AndroidNova.org)
    It's still there, just a bit hidden by our friends at Verizon. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Play store. Then search for 'blocking mode' in it. You'll find the settings pane for Blocking mode which you can still use. Create a desktop shortcut for it and you're good to go.
    Thanked by 3:
    ttrimmer likes this.

ROM
    Stock on most

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Same thing happens to me. I have 2 empty screens I want to delete and I can' . Touchwiz Home crashes.
    Deleting my two empty ones works fine. Not sure why that would be dying for some people.

I put my work address into Google Now for the traffic updates, but it keeps showing me directions from my current location to a random place instead of the address I put in. Anyone else having that?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast