Jelly Bean Issues After Update

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread should be helpful for me because it's still up in the air if I want to download JB when the update is pushed out. Please post as many issues and all likes & dislikes and I'd really appreciate it because if I download this update and don't like it, I don't think I'd be able to go back to ICS. Thanks in advance.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

charlier180

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who uses PDANet and/or FoxFi for tethering please post up issues with these apps after update to JB.
Would also like to know if those who use a widget to turn on their wireless hotspot have any trouble doing that after the JB update.

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Here are my current findings (not really issues, just differences i see):

1. The notification bar looks grey to me in Jelly Bean instead of black. However when i drop it down it is black. Anyone else see this?
2. Notification LED's blink very fast now. Before when i had a new Gmail message, i would get a blue led every 4-5 seconds. Now it blinks rapidly, more like once a second. Not sure if there is a way to adjust this in Jelly Bean?

I'm still playing around with it...

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I have very little negative to say about this update! The phone FLIES now... little touches are evident everywhere. Apps load faster. Love that the screen brightness is finally in the notification bar, and that the scroll bar up top finishes it's initial scroll much faster. They still didn't get rid of the "Ongoing" notification about wifi, but I'll give it a pass because of the brightness settings finally being available.

The multi-tasking menu is MUCH faster to load and close apps. Google Now is working great. Having had Adobe Flash 11 installed prior to updating, it's still there and functional on the default browser.

I can't believe anyone would consider NOT getting this update!!

Tevin Broner

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have very little negative to say about this update! The phone FLIES now... little touches are evident everywhere. Apps load faster. Love that the screen brightness is finally in the notification bar, and that the scroll bar up top finishes it's initial scroll much faster. They still didn't get rid of the "Ongoing" notification about wifi, but I'll give it a pass because of the brightness settings finally being available.

The multi-tasking menu is MUCH faster to load and close apps. Google Now is working great. Having had Adobe Flash 11 installed prior to updating, it's still there and functional on the default browser.

I can't believe anyone would consider NOT getting this update!!

How did you get a Adobe Flash? That would complete my phone

Rhaen

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My biggest qualm thus far has been that my notifications no longer show up as a bubble on the home screen. Maybe I missed something, but it was there before the update and either got disabled and I don't know how to enable it again or it's gone...

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
my phone is updating now. prior to the update starting i was running nova launcher. will my phone still default to nova after the update or does or revert back to touchwiz? am i going to loose all my settings in nova? i hadn't backed up for a while....

-----

edit: update done. nova is still default. everything seems fine. woohoo!

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
My biggest qualm thus far has been that my notifications no longer show up as a bubble on the home screen. Maybe I missed something, but it was there before the update and either got disabled and I don't know how to enable it again or it's gone...

I agree I would also like to know like when I get a text there is no swipe to go straight to your message

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Deflord

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Mine stayed with nova but I uninstalled it since jellybean ui looks sweeter

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

wowser

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
You can set a custom image for the text message background which is pretty cool. Initially after the update i thought something was wrong because it had a bunch of empty picture boxes as the background.

RayJr

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who uses PDANet and/or FoxFi for tethering please post up issues with these apps after update to JB.
Would also like to know if those who use a widget to turn on their wireless hotspot have any trouble doing that after the JB update.
Just did the update...FoxFi is working just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois