Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

The notification bar is definitely gray. On the left side of the notification bar the icons are also noticeably faded. Pulling down the notification bar is also noticeably laggy. You can only expand notifications by pinching and zooming and not 2 fingers. Notifications for some reason are defaulting to the expanded view. There is a new Verizon backup and media app that cannot be disabled and it is always running in the background. I wonder how much battery this will take.

:: Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Yes I am...whenever I get a notification SMS/mms I can't expand them at all..when I receive an email it is already expanded when I pull down on the notification shade....have you come across any solutions?

I have two Google accounts on the phone. One Gmail and one Google Apps. When going through the wizard to setup Google Now I can only choose the Gmail account, not the Google Apps account. I would really like it to see the calendar from the Google Apps account.

I just finished the update and phone overall seems to move faster. Only issue I have noticed is that every text message I receive using the default text app now has the sender's call back number displayed. I can't find a way to turn this off. I see an option to enable or disable my own call back number, but not of those I have received.

Anybody using nova launcher prime know how to get the text bubble back on the unlock screen when you have a new text message?

The amazing galaxy s3

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

I had disabled the Email app before the update. Now after the update, i'm trying to re-enable it however that option is gone. Anyone know how to get it back?

Quote Originally Posted by Steviewy View Post
    So FoxFi still works but the Verizon Hotspot turns on in the background. I'm worried I'm going to get charged the $20 a month since I'm still locked in the unlimited data plan. Anyone know anything about this? I know people who have the new data plan get the Mobile Hotspot for free....I don't have that.
    Same here. I don't have one of the new plans, so a Hotspot will cost me. Before the update, FoxFi never turned on the Verizon Hotspot. I tried to turn off the Verizon Hotspot, but I lost connection even though FoxFi said it was still on. I do know that the developer stated that WiFi mode will not work on some phones after the JB update, but Bluetooth will work on all. I just hope he fixes WiFi mode soon.

I have the 2X3 calendar widget to the right of my homescreen (second screen). The calendar is set up to sync with my gmail account. Whenever I swipe sideways to get to the second homescreen from the main homescreen it does not move smoothly. It kind of sticks for a very short period, the transition is jarring. Can anyone else replicate this? Seems to be a glitch with this specific widget because I have moved it to another home screen and seem to have similar results.

My exchange email now shows white on white and I can't find the setting to fix it. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I use the stock 2x3 calendar widget on the home screen to the right of the main home screen. It is connected to my gmail account. Ever since the jelly bean update when I swipe to the second homescreen to check my calendar it sticks a little bit. The transition is not smooth at all. This only occurs the first time after the phone has sat for a little bit. Once I've swiped to the screen and then moved away, if I go back to the calendar the transition appears to be smooth again (like pre jelly bean). I am guessing this has something to do with the calendar data loading before moving to the second screen with the calendar widget. Can anyone else confirm this issue?

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

After the update, most of my videos do not show the video preview thumbnail. A few still show it but most just show a single screen rather than a preview of the video.

Anyone else? Pretty disappointing if this was taken away. It's a simple feature that always makes me smile.

When i use Play Music and use headphones, it will play one or two songs then freeze. Any thoughts? I have all the music stored local on my phone.
    Dualboy and Curly62 like this.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Seems like the video previews are coming back very slowly.

Anybody's news scroll stop scrolling on the lockscreen? And the Facebook scroll doesn't work at all.?

Thanked by:
    cguymartin likes this.

ROM
    Gingerbread 2.3.4

Why do we have ver 4.11 not 4.2. Anybody!!

I'm staying with ICS for now. You guys sound like you're having a bit of trouble. I rejected the update
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    958 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Averix View Post
    It's still there, just a bit hidden by our friends at Verizon. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Play store. Then search for 'blocking mode' in it. You'll find the settings pane for Blocking mode which you can still use. Create a desktop shortcut for it and you're good to go.
    Nice tip. Found a similar discussion with some details in the Note 2 forum Unlock Blocking Mode - No root required
    This worked for me. I chose the DormantModeSettings as this creates the shortcut to the configuration utility for the feature.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jelly Bean Issues After Update-screenshot_2012-12-14-18-54-18.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Davidoo1 View Post
    I just finished the update and phone overall seems to move faster. Only issue I have noticed is that every text message I receive using the default text app now has the sender's call back number displayed. I can't find a way to turn this off. I see an option to enable or disable my own call back number, but not of those I have received.
    Curious about this too, its kinda annoying.

Also having terrible battery life. I refreshed the battery discharge meter after I downloaded the update and it says Android System has used 19%, Android OS has used 17% and Cell Standby has used 14%. It has been about 4 hours since I downloaded the update.

Quote Originally Posted by mimsiesboy View Post
    I can't disable backup assistant plus, wtf! Anyone know how to get rid of it? It just backed up, please,, I had it disabled on ice cream.
    Anyone? It's NewBayService, service is eating the battery. That is why I disabled it in ICS.

Jelly Bean Issues After Update-2012-12-14-19.49.jpg

Only issues I have noticed so far are these:
    1) emails no longer load all details at the bottom and all I get is text and links for the items.
    2) the ticker on the lock screen doesn't work. None of them will load data.

Anyone know any fixes?

Otherwise the phone has been terrific, much faster and smooth even on stock. I re installed apex launcher as I still like the look better and some of the functionality but over all I like the update.

Battery life for me has been worse but I have done a lot more messing with the phone today playing with all the new things. Something for all of us to remember is that we are playing with the phone a lot today. So battery life will suffer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Yeagerbomb3 likes this.

Why can I not access Google Now?

Quote Originally Posted by wakebrdrnc View Post
    Why can I not access Google Now?
    Hold down the home button and it is in he options to go to task manager or recent apps.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

After the update today I no longer receive led notifications...I've turned off and back on...and also, I no longer have the text notification on my lock screen. Can anyone help? ??

Updated to jelly bean today and now my led notifications don't light. Also on my lock screen my text notification isnt there anymore :-( Not too happy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've turned off amd back on...tried to uncheck all led settings. Turned off and on again. Still nothin g. I even tried to download an app for led notifications and it still won't work.

Tagging along...I want this back as well.
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast