Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Quote Originally Posted by juniorgolf18 View Post
    Anybody's phone getting hot? Mine got hot this morning laying on couch. Never noticed that before. Just updated last night.
    Yes mines did earlier this morning like super Hot. It's much better now I guess it has to settle

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

2 issues
    I've noticed it seams to take a lot longer to charge, and why is Google making it more and more difficult to remove an app?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ive actually had good luck with it since it updated. no longer is Device Idle been my problem with battery life...usually it was at 30 to 40% of the reason for my battery drain on my phone. now its sits at 4 and 6 % all the time. I did a reset on my phone after i updated and been good.

Probably not the answer you're looking for, but I use Llama to turn wifi on and off when entering and leaving known locations. Works well.
    lv2bsilly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by handyman79 View Post
    ive actually had good luck with it since it updated. no longer is Device Idle been my problem with battery life...usually it was at 30 to 40% of the reason for my battery drain on my phone. now its sits at 4 and 6 % all the time. I did a reset on my phone after i updated and been good.
    device idle was a bug not a real battery drain. It just showed the wrong info nice that it has been fixed. I to have had great luck also factory reset as I think you should

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drmaf894c View Post
    Have you gone back into the settings for vibrate pattern? Under sound menu. May have reset? Mine has always been a long vibrate but I know you can set a custom or different pattern.
    I always had a long vibrate pattern for text messages, but the vibrate was just a super short blip while on a call, and I loved it. *sigh*
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,753 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mes3 View Post
    The callback number in text messages has everything to do with the person texting you. For some reason Verizon decided to enable this feature in the messaging app (its not there in ATT update). If you go into your message settings you can see that you can enable your own callback number. This is a standard thing on Blackberries and I wonder if it's on all newer Verizon handsets. I know the RAZR M send out a CB#.
    Don't think so. Wife and I both have the 16gb, she updated yesterday, I'm on clean rom, both have callback number turned off, I'm getting her texts with her callback number, she does not get the callback on my texts to her. This is really annoying.

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My update downloads but every time I go to install it, it says it failed. It brings me to the recovery screen to install a untrusted zip file? Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,281 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have blk1 radio files, do you think that's the issue?

EDIT: JB radio files were the culprit. Make sure to have ICS radio files before attempting to update
    Last edited by anthony2558; 12-15-2012 at 09:38 PM.

DELETE double post
    Last edited by SDQB17; 12-15-2012 at 09:32 PM.

What happened to the message notification? Before the update it showed if you had a new message. Now it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnneil View Post
    Terrible battery life.
    Interesting, I went mountain biking all day, using the GPS and Strava App. This usually kills my battery...yet I used less than 20% over almost 3 hours. Mine is much better than before.

Couple of things...first off, the "email" app that I don't use (only use the gmail app) is always running now according to the settings app manager "running apps" thing, after the update. It says that it was started by another app (?) for debugging (???). I have stopped it several times, and cleared its data at the same time, and it keeps getting restarted. Any ideas about that one? This is the biggest annoyance to me, why an app should be running all the time that I don't use at all is really a mystery. "Disable" is greyed out for the email app, and I cannot move it from the apps pages to the trash bin, so can't get rid of it.

As far as battery life goes, I had to go through all my settings and put them back the way they were before the update. Now that I've done that, the battery life seems fine, about what it was. Lots of "deep sleep" state (using CPU Spy and BetterBattery Stats apps to look at that). Not sure why the update didn't restore my settings to what they were, that would only be polite *smile*. But now that I've done it things seem fine (other than the annoyance of the "email" app running all the time).

And the battery settings thing with "Cell Standby" showing inflated percentage of battery use appears to be fixed, that's nice. Helps to have more realistic statistics to look at when looking at problems.

The camera updates are amszing
    Taking stills while videoing..zoom much better shutter flawless

What a great product in my opinion

Thanked by:
    fillossofer, cjsmoove and Ivy547 like this.

Also having issues with widgetlocker. It would crash maybe once a week before, but now it doesn't seem to want to cooperate at all. Works about 40% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony2558 View Post
    My update downloads but every time I go to install it, it says it failed. It brings me to the recovery screen to install a untrusted zip file? Any ideas?

My best guess is you need the stock recovery to install the OTA update.

Quote Originally Posted by jj2339 View Post
    My lock screen picture is also faded on the left side. It's a picture of my dog, and she looked fine before JB on the picture, but now the left side is faded like i left the picture sitting out in the sun. But it's almost like a line through the middle, vertically.
    Don't know if mine was doing this before or if I just now noticed since I changed my pic. But it is for sure different with the same pic on my lock screen and home. Faded or fuzzy on the lock, crisp and clear on the home. It is odd... Have tried setting them together and separately and with different apps. Stock gallery and wallpaper wizardrii so not sure why it does ot

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Davidoo1 View Post
    You're right Mes3. I went into my wife's phone and disabled the "send callback number" in text and now I don't get that annoying CB number after each text anymore. Still annoying that they would turn this on for everyone as a default. Why do you need the call back number of who sent you a text when the number will show if they are not in your contacts, and if they are in your contacts you don't need it?
    Its useful for business people. You might have a number that forwards your calls to your desk phone, your business cell, and your personal cell.

My battery before JB update was doing just fine. I had screen brightness set higher, apps running, live wall papers etc. running and the battery still lasted all day long. Since JB update the battery has really taken a hit. I have now gone into power saving mode, reduced screen brightness, avoided using live wall papers etc. and the battery is till dropping. Clearly this is due to the JB update. Can't be anything else.
    If I do a factory reset as suggested ---- will I lose my apps etc. that I have put onto the phone. What is the upside or downside of doing a reset?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmedl View Post
    My battery before JB update was doing just fine. I had screen brightness set higher, apps running, live wall papers etc. running and the battery still lasted all day long. Since JB update the battery has really taken a hit. I have now gone into power saving mode, reduced screen brightness, avoided using live wall papers etc. and the battery is till dropping. Clearly this is due to the JB update. Can't be anything else.
    If I do a factory reset as suggested ---- will I lose my apps etc. that I have put onto the phone. What is the upside or downside of doing a reset?
    Thanks.
    Apps are deleted, but they will typically auto install after factory reset from the play store or you just reinstall them. App data saved progress games will be lost.. The upside is it will clean up any issues of overwriting files etc. It typically clears up most issues and is always a good idea after upgrade.

Just backup what you can if not rooted. Contacts, photos, music etc.

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Not thrilled with the update, 2 big things, no dormant setting as advertised on Verizon. Searched the web for this setting and its not available on Verizon. No new jellybean look as advertised, and the one that really gets me is that I cant leave the ringer only on at night anymore and silence the rest of the alerts. If anyone has any suggestions how to fix this please let me know. I cant have my phone going off all night while sleeping but cant miss important calls either. Was never an issue with ICS.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dogboyr1 View Post
    Not thrilled with the update, 2 big things, no dormant setting as advertised on Verizon. Searched the web for this setting and its not available on Verizon. No new jellybean look as advertised, and the one that really gets me is that I cant leave the ringer only on at night anymore and silence the rest of the alerts. If anyone has any suggestions how to fix this please let me know. I cant have my phone going off all night while sleeping but cant miss important calls either. Was never an issue with ICS.
    Download "Quickshortcutmaker" from the Play Store. Run the app. Search for "blocking". Select the 2nd option. Name your shortcut. There is your shortcut to the dormant settings, and you can now do EXACTLY what you are talking about here. :-)
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by drews66 View Post
    Apps are deleted, but they will typically auto install after factory reset from the play store or you just reinstall them. App data saved progress games will be lost.. The upside is it will clean up any issues of overwriting files etc. It typically clears up most issues and is always a good idea after upgrade.

Just backup what you can if not rooted. Contacts, photos, music etc.
    Thanks for your reply. I will give this another day to settle in and if not better will do reset. I am making sure things are backed up first. Hope JB is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by kloos View Post
    I have my lockscreen set to activate two minutes after I turn the screen off, and on ICS pressing the home button when the screen was off in those two minutes would simply turn it on, not engage in any home screen behavior. For example, if I was currently using an app and turned the screen off, the home button would simply turn the screen on, maintaining the app activity.

Now, when I press the home button in those two minutes, the home button turns the screen on AND brings me back to the launcher (which I don't want), all in one push.

Would love to know if there's a way to change this!
    has anyone else had this and gotten it resolved? i'm having the same issue using widgetlocker and a pin unlock thats required by school for exchange access. before the jb update i was able to set it to not lock the phone for ~15 minutes after it timed out, and it would just give me my normal widgetlocker lock screen. if i hit the home button to either turn the screen on, or from the lock screen, nothing would happen. once it was off for the 15 minutes the pin would be required once i got past the widgetlocker screen.

now a press of the home button will take me straight to my launcher even if the screen was off as long as the timer for the pin requirement hasnt gone off.

My battery issues worked itself out, but now I noticed that the text message ringtone gets cut off. It only plays about half of it and it is already a short tone (less than a second before it started getting cut off)
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast