Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 225 of 538
Like Tree72Likes
  1. #201  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by frankles42 View Post
    has anyone else had this and gotten it resolved? i'm having the same issue using widgetlocker and a pin unlock thats required by school for exchange access. before the jb update i was able to set it to not lock the phone for ~15 minutes after it timed out, and it would just give me my normal widgetlocker lock screen. if i hit the home button to either turn the screen on, or from the lock screen, nothing would happen. once it was off for the 15 minutes the pin would be required once i got past the widgetlocker screen.

    now a press of the home button will take me straight to my launcher even if the screen was off as long as the timer for the pin requirement hasnt gone off.
    Hey, the only thing that seems to fix it is enabling S Voice and checking the "open via the home key" box. I'm not willing to deal with the home key lag in that case, though.
  2. #202  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Only thing I'm hating about it, is that when I send texts, it stopped auto correcting. Like when I type I'm, it'll stick with im.
  3. #203  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Just tried Bluetooth for the first time since getting the update. Bluetooth drops intermittently when connected to my 2010Audi A4. Has anybody else's had any problem with Bluetooth dropping intermittently? I've Googled this and others with this problem when JB first game out but no fixes were mentioned. Anyone?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. #204  
    pstellato73's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    I don't use the stock messaging app. I am using go SMS Pro and there is a pop up for every text message.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  5. #205  
    pstellato73's Avatar

    Posts
    232 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by AustinTech View Post
    Me. Doesn't really work. No biggie, but still.

    All things considered, this is an awesome update. I love jellybean.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    You have to pinch your finger and thumb to close and pinch open your finger and thumb to expand. Works great for me.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. #206  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    my LED notification lights don't work now! ugh
    j~lyn
    GO COWBOYS!!!
  7. #207  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    I have two complaints:

    1. Battery Life is horrible. (I've even did a factory reset on it and I'm still having horrible battery life)
    2. The phone is getting really hot. When I had ICS it only got hot if I was using it for 30 mins or so. Now, I can just be using it for 5 mins and it gets hot. (Hotter than it ever did with ICS. Factory reset didn't fix this issue either)
  8. #208  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Issue with bluetooth and my 2007 Infiniti G35. Basically the phone pairs fine, but when you make a call all you get is garbled noise. It's like the signal is being over-amplified before being encoded for transfer and all that gets transferred is noise. Talked to Verizon tech support and there's no current fix. Will need to either live with it or have them send me a phone with the earlier software version. Anyone else experience this?

    There's another thread on this issue here Jelly bean update and bluetooth Calling issue
  9. #209  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by jasondec72#AC View Post
    I have two complaints:

    1. Battery Life is horrible. (I've even did a factory reset on it and I'm still having horrible battery life)
    2. The phone is getting really hot. When I had ICS it only got hot if I was using it for 30 mins or so. Now, I can just be using it for 5 mins and it gets hot. (Hotter than it ever did with ICS. Factory reset didn't fix this issue either)
    Thanks for update... I was considering factory reset or at minimum clearing the cache. Good to know it doesn't always help. Hope you get it worked out.
  10. #210  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Enforced streamed silencer apk stopped working. Camera shutter sound is back :/
  11. #211  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by William Kruger View Post
    Only thing I'm hating about it, is that when I send texts, it stopped auto correcting. Like when I type I'm, it'll stick with im.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcam814 View Post
    Yes, I see texting issues. The keyboard seems to generate suggestions instead of auto-correcting what I type regardless of any settings I change. I called VZ and they transferred me to Samsung who told me that was a change in Jelly Bean. RIDICULOUS!! I downloaded Super Keyboard (free) from the App Store and it seems to be great so far.

    Also I have issues with Bluetooth in my '07 G35x. The phone pairs and connects but the audio is like an ANDROID robot voice. They said I have to have Infiniti update my Bluetooth software in the car.... RIDICULOUS AGAIN!
    Yeah it sucks. I made a thread about this too, and someone posted they removed it (for whatever reason, I have no clue)
  12. #212  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    I stopped the "Simple Alarm Clock" app from running, don't remember exactly what I needed to do, disable or uninstall it. Or just stop it and clear its data.

    But the "email" app still continues to run, even though I never use it, an annoying mystery. I'm also seeing a "VZWAPN" app running, but I'm not sure what it does, so I'm just leaving it for the moment.

    The Verizon Voicemail app comes up every once in a while, though I don't use that at all, either. I can stop it for a while, but it's one of the ones that always comes back sooner or later. I'm using Google Voice for voicemail, so it's annoying to see that running, but it was doing that before the update. I try to ignore it *smile*.
    I haven't seen the "email" app running since this morning, so either it has stopped running for some reason, or I haven't run the application that causes it to run today. Not sure which is the correct answer, time will tell.
  13. #213  
    nyry's Avatar

    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Is anyone elses SG3 hemorrhaging battery juice for no aparent reason since the update?

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  14. #214  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    This seemed to me like a fairly minor upgrade in terms of usable functionality. I did have one or two minor issues with it. The most annoying one was folders - when you open a folder it says folder open. Close it, it says folder closed. No, it's not the accessibility settings - I changed all the settings I could find and none fixed it. What DID fix it was uninstalling light flow, which sucks since I love light flow. I got around THAT by installing Holo Launcher HD and used IT'S folders - JB doesn't whinge at me about them, so that's cool. I also installed Holo Locker, and now I have the cool lock screen rather than the lame Samsung one. It's possible the problem was there on 4.0, but I was using Apex Launcher and it's folders there. Carping - Why after this many iterations of Android don't we have the option to create a denser screen grid and dock? I shouldn't have to download an add-on to get that.

    Also, coming off Blackberry the notification system seems woefully primitive, buggy and clunky. Come on, Android. Get with it. I truly cannot wait for the new BB10 handset. Some features of this phone make me want to go back to my 9930. Even now, no one handles messaging - SMS, MMS and email - anywhere near as well as Blackberry. If that was all I wanted to do, I'd go back to BB in a heartbeat.

    My ideal phone - messaging and alerts from BB. Add the BB keyboard and the pure class of the 9930. Scientific and file sharing apps from iOS. Customization from Android. NOW we have something. Please oh great god of handsets - breathe new life into RIM. They are ideally positioned to create this phone for me - a great new OS, that BB heritage, the knowledge gained from watching where other systems are falling short, and a clean slate.

    I tried to use the backup assistant thing, but it just sat there telling me it was uploading pics and stuff, and never, ever said it was done. Turns out it was lying about backing up and I lost them all off the phone. Fortunately I had copied them to my computer before starting.

    I did not have battery discharge rate issues. Battery life seems about the same. An uneventful upgrade that I could have easily blown off and never missed. If you are happy with 4.0, don't be in a rush, or even don't bother at all. You won't suddenly be in Android heaven with this update - you will just be in a very slightly different neighborhood of the old home town, where you will meet everyone you already know.
  15. #215  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Huge improvements with this update. The best thing to do to cure all your glitches is to do a factory reset.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  16. #216  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    I am hopeful someone will have an answer. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with ICS. Never ONE problem with ICS and now with JB everything is in question. I did a total factory reset, took the battery out for 40 minutes before I replaced it, drained the battery to 15% and then charged fully. Re-installed my apps and other files. My phone still is not working correctly. Apps seem to work briefly after a reboot but then working again -- apps like file managers, video players etc.; not all apps --- email is working, internet is working etc. Not sure if battery life has gotten better or not but it really does not matter if I can't depend on my apps to work. I read about doing a clear cache procedure but could not get it to do what the poster was suggesting. Any thoughts from anyone else out there? I wish I could go back to ICS.
  17. #217  
    Jmess82's Avatar

    Posts
    17 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Everything runs great for me sense the update, minus Batter Life. Standby time batter life is fine, no change but as soon as I do anything with it I feel like the battery drops double what it used to. Other then that The voice search is awesome and the phone seems to run a little better with Nova Launcher, and I really like the changes to to the Notification menu.
    drmaf894c likes this.
  18. #218  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Here is my battery from this morning. I rebooted the phone before charging it last night and have not even opened Maps this morning!! Whats up?
  19. #219  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Yes I am getting the same thing on mine and it is killing my battery it is google maps, I think there is a problem with it ever since the update. On Friday night it said my phone stayed awake for 1hr and 30 mins just from maps. So yesterday I uninstalled all updates from maps since you can't uninstall app since its a system app and so far seems to be better and doesn't show up in battery list anymore. Problem is now the google play wants me to update it every time i go in there. I assume a lot of people are seeing this problme, but are just not thinking it could be the maps. Any help with fixing this would be greatly appreciated.!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by jasondec72#AC View Post
    Here is my battery from this morning. I rebooted the phone before charging it last night and have not even opened Maps this morning!! Whats up?
  20. #220  
    WarER4X's Avatar

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    336 Global Posts

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    I'm having the exact same problem with my battery life. Maps is running a lot and keeping my phone awake for long periods of time. Yesterday, I didn't go anywhere (I was working on my house) and didn't use my phone for probably more than 10 minutes the entire day. I did not open Maps at all. By the evening, my batter was down to about 30% and Maps was #2 on the list for battery usage. I hope this gets sorted out soon. I, otherwise, love the JB improvements.

    -SR-
  21. #221  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by WarER4X View Post
    I'm having the exact same problem with my battery life. Maps is running a lot and keeping my phone awake for long periods of time. Yesterday, I didn't go anywhere (I was working on my house) and didn't use my phone for probably more than 10 minutes the entire day. I did not open Maps at all. By the evening, my batter was down to about 30% and Maps was #2 on the list for battery usage. I hope this gets sorted out soon. I, otherwise, love the JB improvements.

    -SR-
    Im having this exact issue. On a plus side my cell standby has gotten way better. My battery seems to be about the same as before, but I have never gotten the great battery life I have heard everyone else has gotten.
  22. #222  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmedl View Post
    I am hopeful someone will have an answer. If I had it to do over again, I would have stayed with ICS. Never ONE problem with ICS and now with JB everything is in question. I did a total factory reset, took the battery out for 40 minutes before I replaced it, drained the battery to 15% and then charged fully. Re-installed my apps and other files. My phone still is not working correctly. Apps seem to work briefly after a reboot but then working again -- apps like file managers, video players etc.; not all apps --- email is working, internet is working etc. Not sure if battery life has gotten better or not but it really does not matter if I can't depend on my apps to work. I read about doing a clear cache procedure but could not get it to do what the poster was suggesting. Any thoughts from anyone else out there? I wish I could go back to ICS.
    Well, I may have stumbled onto something. I was using an external SD card with videos, photos and music on it. I took the card out and rebooted my phone and everything seemed to work fine. I reformatted my external SD card and put a few test files on it. I then put it back into my phone and rebooted. It seems to be working much better now. I hope the battery thing gets better as well.
  23. #223  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    So I have been doing some searching around and it appears I might have fix for the map issue. Apparently this option was turned on with the jellybean update and you want to turn it off.

    Go into maps app and do the following - Map > settings > location settings > and unselect "report from this device"

    I'm going to give it a try today as well but let me know if that helps with people's battery life now.


    Quote Originally Posted by RickG. View Post
    Im having this exact issue. On a plus side my cell standby has gotten way better. My battery seems to be about the same as before, but I have never gotten the great battery life I have heard everyone else has gotten.
    Thanked by 2:
  24. #224  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    Quote Originally Posted by yanks4life View Post
    So I have been doing some searching around and it appears I might have fix for the map issue. Apparently this option was turned on with the jellybean update and you want to turn it off.

    Go into maps app and do the following - Map > settings > location settings > and unselect "report from this device"

    I'm going to give it a try today as well but let me know if that helps with people's battery life now.
    Wasn't the issue on my phone, mine was already unselected. Thanks though.
  25. #225  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean Issues After Update

    If anyone can fix the Facebook lockscreen problem now I'll love you forever!

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    lv2bsilly likes this.
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 08:52 AM
  2. For those w/battery issues after Update..
    By riyatch in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 02:59 PM
  3. Charger issues after update
    By codiac in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 02:19 PM
  4. Epic dictionary issue after update
    By dougjojon in forum Sprint Epic 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 10:56 AM
  5. Wifi issues after Update and root
    By Dhohn in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 06:19 PM

Posting Permissions

B