Jelly Bean Issues After Update

vmmatty

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
After the update, most of my videos do not show the video preview thumbnail. A few still show it but most just show a single screen rather than a preview of the video.

Anyone else? Pretty disappointing if this was taken away. It's a simple feature that always makes me smile.

hullface

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
When i use Play Music and use headphones, it will play one or two songs then freeze. Any thoughts? I have all the music stored local on my phone.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Anybody's news scroll stop scrolling on the lockscreen? And the Facebook scroll doesn't work at all.?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's still there, just a bit hidden by our friends at Verizon. Download QuickShortcutMaker from the Play store. Then search for 'blocking mode' in it. You'll find the settings pane for Blocking mode which you can still use. Create a desktop shortcut for it and you're good to go.
Nice tip. Found a similar discussion with some details in the Note 2 forum http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...55-unlock-blocking-mode-no-root-required.html
This worked for me. I chose the DormantModeSettings as this creates the shortcut to the configuration utility for the feature.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-14-18-54-18.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-14-18-54-18.png
    130.5 KB · Views: 161

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just finished the update and phone overall seems to move faster. Only issue I have noticed is that every text message I receive using the default text app now has the sender's call back number displayed. I can't find a way to turn this off. I see an option to enable or disable my own call back number, but not of those I have received.

Curious about this too, its kinda annoying.

Also having terrible battery life. I refreshed the battery discharge meter after I downloaded the update and it says Android System has used 19%, Android OS has used 17% and Cell Standby has used 14%. It has been about 4 hours since I downloaded the update.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Only issues I have noticed so far are these:
1) emails no longer load all details at the bottom and all I get is text and links for the items.
2) the ticker on the lock screen doesn't work. None of them will load data.

Anyone know any fixes?

Otherwise the phone has been terrific, much faster and smooth even on stock. I re installed apex launcher as I still like the look better and some of the functionality but over all I like the update.

Battery life for me has been worse but I have done a lot more messing with the phone today playing with all the new things. Something for all of us to remember is that we are playing with the phone a lot today. So battery life will suffer.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Jenleland

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
After the update today I no longer receive led notifications...I've turned off and back on...and also, I no longer have the text notification on my lock screen. Can anyone help? ??

Jenleland

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Updated to jelly bean today and now my led notifications don't light. Also on my lock screen my text notification isnt there anymore :-( Not too happy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've turned off amd back on...tried to uncheck all led settings. Turned off and on again. Still nothin g. I even tried to download an app for led notifications and it still won't work.

ejpark

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to connect my phone to my computer via USB anymore. AirDroid works fine, but whenever I plug my phone into my computer, all it does is charge.

EDIT: I managed to get my music onto my SD card using AirDroid, but it's not showing up in Google Play Music. Fortunately, I also uploaded the songs to Google Play, so I'm able to stream them, but this is rather annoying.

EDIT 2: Cleared data and forced stopped the app, which did the trick. Not sure if it was a problem due to the update or just a hiccup with the app. Still unable to connect my phone to my computer via USB, though.

Last edited:

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to connect my phone to my computer via USB anymore. AirDroid works fine, but whenever I plug my phone into my computer, all it does is charge.

EDIT: I managed to get my music onto my SD card using AirDroid, but it's not showing up in Google Play Music. Fortunately, I also uploaded the songs to Google Play, so I'm able to stream them, but this is rather annoying.

EDIT 2: Cleared data and forced stopped the app, which did the trick. Not sure if it was a problem due to the update or just a hiccup with the app. Still unable to connect my phone to my computer via USB, though.
Try setting the USB mode to MTP Or PTP. I noticed neither were enabled at first. Rather USB mode is set to Installation mode. I changed mine to MTP and instantly Kies can detect the phone. Not sure if what works for me on a Mac will be the same for Windows.

ejpark

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Try setting the USB mode to MTP Or PTP. I noticed neither were enabled at first. Rather USB mode is set to Installation mode. I changed mine to MTP and instantly Kies can detect the phone. Not sure if what works for me on a Mac will be the same for Windows.
How do I do that? I used to be able to check those off when the USB notification popped up, but I don't even get that notification anymore when I connect to my computer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac