Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Tywone

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My contacts just says updating contacts I'm going to be pissed if I've lost all my contacts

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
So far, I like the new update. Google Now (or Google Search) is awesome!

Folders have improved. I like the new icons. When you open a folder, launch and then exit and app, the open folder stays open. If you arrange the icons in a folder, the arrangement persists between restarts.

Blue 32gb Galaxy S3

kloos

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have my lockscreen set to activate two minutes after I turn the screen off, and on ICS pressing the home button when the screen was off in those two minutes would simply turn it on, not engage in any home screen behavior. For example, if I was currently using an app and turned the screen off, the home button would simply turn the screen on, maintaining the app activity.

Now, when I press the home button in those two minutes, the home button turns the screen on AND brings me back to the launcher (which I don't want), all in one push.

Would love to know if there's a way to change this!

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that whenever I receive a txt my notification tone cuts off halfway thru (just a simple guitar sound a few seconds long).... Kinda aggravating. Idk about call tones yet or not.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that there was supposed to be an extra page or something when you connected headphones, anyone know how to get this? There isn't even a notification anymore in the notification bar when you connect headphones to the phone.

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought I read somewhere that there was supposed to be an extra page or something when you connected headphones, anyone know how to get this? There isn't even a notification anymore in the notification bar when you connect headphones to the phone.

Nevermind about the notification bar panel, I found the setting to fix this, it's SETTINGS>ACCESSORY>AUDIO APPLICATION make sure that the box is checked.

Bre4ch

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Updated my HTC one X to jb, everything works much smother now ,this may sound stupid , but there is one problem , i dont have the new jb look , do i have to change to it somewhere or what?

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's something that's come up. I use a basic Droid eye wallpaper for my lock screen and I've noticed that now I have faded blotches on the left side of it. When I look at this wallpaper in the gallery or set it for my home screens it doesn't show up. Just for the lock screen....

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The callback number in text messages has everything to do with the person texting you. For some reason Verizon decided to enable this feature in the messaging app (its not there in ATT update). If you go into your message settings you can see that you can enable your own callback number. This is a standard thing on Blackberries and I wonder if it's on all newer Verizon handsets. I know the RAZR M send out a CB#.

You're right Mes3. I went into my wife's phone and disabled the "send callback number" in text and now I don't get that annoying CB number after each text anymore. Still annoying that they would turn this on for everyone as a default. Why do you need the call back number of who sent you a text when the number will show if they are not in your contacts, and if they are in your contacts you don't need it?

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
i already downloaded the jellybean but it looks the same. I thought it was supposed to look different. Also, I used to be able to keep it on sound with only the ringer turned up in the volume so i could leave my phone on and not be woke up by texts and emails, now even with the same exact settings of volume and the sound being on like before, the dang thing still vibrates when i get a text. Any idea on how to fix this?

JustLikeMike3

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
You need to find dormant mode in the settings. I have yet to find it but I know it is there. Someone posted that you download quickshortcutmaker and search for blocking mode

- - - Updated - - -

i already downloaded the jellybean but it looks the same. I thought it was supposed to look different. Also, I used to be able to keep it on sound with only the ringer turned up in the volume so i could leave my phone on and not be woke up by texts and emails, now even with the same exact settings of volume and the sound being on like before, the dang thing still vibrates when i get a text. Any idea on how to fix this?

You need to find dormant mode in the settings. I have yet to find it but I know it is there. Someone posted that you download quickshortcutmaker and search for blocking mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois