Jelly Bean Issues After Update

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The callback number in text messages has everything to do with the person texting you. For some reason Verizon decided to enable this feature in the messaging app (its not there in ATT update). If you go into your message settings you can see that you can enable your own callback number. This is a standard thing on Blackberries and I wonder if it's on all newer Verizon handsets. I know the RAZR M send out a CB#.

Verizon didn't default it on mine - Samsung G3 - it was off. I kept wondering what everyone was talking about... lol

Ken7

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone's Google Now voice response stopped working. It was working great yesterday, but today it only gives on-screen answers, not verbally. Anyone have any ideas?

NosmoKing116

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
With ICS the stock email didn't dim. With JB I have an AOL account through the stock email and it's dimmer than the internet browser. Anyone have a fix or way to reset it to be bright all the time. The GMAIL app doesn't do this.

I also found that the LED's are dimmer.

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Me. Doesn't really work. No biggie, but still.

All things considered, this is an awesome update. I love jellybean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

What do you mean by expanding notifications in the bar? I just always pulled down to see notifications then touched on the notification like txt or email and it took me to the app... Is there something different you can do?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think the battery drain is from the new WiFi options...or lack thereof. If you're connected to WiFi, it scans constantly looking for new crap to connect to, even if you're connected. If you're not connected, it scans still. You need a toggle widget to shut it off when you're on 4G. There's no option to "Use only specified WiFi connections" or whatever it was in ICS.

Bre4ch

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Still can't get the jelly bean look, everything looks the same , no updates for that look either.

Looked trough all the settings - nothing. Friends say , it changes to a new look right after it is installed, didn't happen to me.
Any suggestions ?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Still can't get the jelly bean look, everything looks the same , no updates for that look either.

Looked trough all the settings - nothing. Friends say , it changes to a new look right after it is installed, didn't happen to me.
Any suggestions ?

There is no "new look" as Touchwiz is the main overlay still.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed that whenever I receive a txt my notification tone cuts off halfway thru (just a simple guitar sound a few seconds long).... Kinda aggravating. Idk about call tones yet or not.

This was an issue with ICS too. And what I did to solve this was disable the "Delete text messages after x amount" in the text message settings. Do you have that enabled? If so, turn it off and that should fix it

Yes I do. I haven't figured out how to change it. Any luck?
No! It seems like not everyone is having this auto correct issue as I'm barely seeing anyone else post about it. It is annoying the hell out of me to the point that I've now downloaded GoKeyboard since I cannot do without autocorrect. I'm also trying Swype for a little bit and that seems to have a little better accuracy, but still.. its ridiculous that the stock keyboard doesn't have autocorrect.

Has anyone's Google Now voice response stopped working. It was working great yesterday, but today it only gives on-screen answers, not verbally. Anyone have any ideas?
Is your media volume up?

What do you mean by expanding notifications in the bar? I just always pulled down to see notifications then touched on the notification like txt or email and it took me to the app... Is there something different you can do?
You can pinch the notification horizontally, and it will either expand or decrease in size. By expanding, you can read (short) texts/emails, and sometmes it'll even give you the option to respond (I have this for my Twitter, where it gives me the option to respond/retweet/etc)

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
In my defense I just woke up, but were the security options for locking your phone removed? I could swear they used to be under the security settings. Now, I don't see any options for locking my phone other than pin lock.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You'll need an unlocked bootloader, root and an AOSP ROM if you want a pure vanilla look unless there's a JB theme somewhere. Touchwiz was included with the latest update and hence looks the way it does.

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
In my defense I just woke up, but were the security options for locking your phone removed? I could swear they used to be under the security settings. Now, I don't see any options for locking my phone other than pin lock.

They have there own menu now lockscreen!

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I still don't get , how to get that jelly bean theme.

Dude there is no new look Touchwiz is touchwiz you get a few new features, and project butter, google now etc. People asking what is so great about jelly Bean there are some good things the phone is quicker/smoother in some areas. Thing is the GS3 with 2gb ram The snapdragon was already fast thanks to being a high end phone, so the real effects of jelly bean are not fully felt.

Eitherway I hated the way folders used to be that is now fixed.
The messed up led light now works properly.
Project butter does have an effect in certain areas
Browser is smoother
can now have 5 icons on lock screen not 4
Wireless for me has a stronger reception
love the pause using the video camera
small changes to s calendar
having the brightness slider in notifications
expandable notifications work fine pinch horizontally

Sure its not all the way perfect but this phone was pretty damn close on ICS now it is even closer

LOVE LOVE blocking mode after you create the shortcut.

Folks having issues factory reset and set your phone back up fixes most issues. My phone was fine after upgrade but I did a reset just incase.

Enjoy the awesome phone you have & Jelly bean

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Google Card

After installing JB in the Google Cards i setup my way to & from work for traffic. It's not anywhere near the correct route. It has me going away from my work. It's a straight shot from my house to work, yet it has me going away from my work. How do i fix this?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Ok, you've posted enough. HalizDad already responded to you with the correct answer. You still have Samsung's TouchWiz interface, so there is NO NEW THEME OR LOOK.
I applied the Stock Jellybean theme from Nova Launcher Prime. May be an option if people want that look.

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I *LOVED* how I would get a super short vibration notice to a text message while on a call. Now, it's back to a LONG vibration, which the caller can hear, and it disrupts the conversation. Any ideas on this one?

rls1400

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Horrific battery life thus far. Went from 100% at 11 AM to 23% by 4. Holy crap.

Impressed with the speed and other subtle changes though. Hopefully the battery will improve somehow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech