Jelly Bean Issues After Update

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Download "Quickshortcutmaker" from the Play Store. Run the app. Search for "blocking". Select the 2nd option. Name your shortcut. There is your shortcut to the dormant settings, and you can now do EXACTLY what you are talking about here. :)
You can also get to the Dormant settings using Nova Launcher. Not sure if you need Prime or not though.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I see the same thing! I don't use the stock email app and can't prevent it from running. I also see "Simple alarm clock" running, which appears to be for a (new?) widget that I'm not using.

I stopped the "Simple Alarm Clock" app from running, don't remember exactly what I needed to do, disable or uninstall it. Or just stop it and clear its data.

But the "email" app still continues to run, even though I never use it, an annoying mystery. I'm also seeing a "VZWAPN" app running, but I'm not sure what it does, so I'm just leaving it for the moment.

The Verizon Voicemail app comes up every once in a while, though I don't use that at all, either. I can stop it for a while, but it's one of the ones that always comes back sooner or later. I'm using Google Voice for voicemail, so it's annoying to see that running, but it was doing that before the update. I try to ignore it *smile*.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I really am curious to see if the news and face book crawl is working for you guys on the lockscreen. Anyone have any luck?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the stock email app with my yahoo email.

When I updated to JB it switched the sync back on for the account even though I had it turned off in ICS. I switched the sync to manual for both peak and off peak and now it won't load any emails even when I hit refresh. It won't even let me remove the account either.

I think JB screwed up the stock email app.

jcam814

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I see texting issues. The keyboard seems to generate suggestions instead of auto-correcting what I type regardless of any settings I change. I called VZ and they transferred me to Samsung who told me that was a change in Jelly Bean. RIDICULOUS!! I downloaded Super Keyboard (free) from the App Store and it seems to be great so far.

Also I have issues with Bluetooth in my '07 G35x. The phone pairs and connects but the audio is like an ANDROID robot voice. They said I have to have Infiniti update my Bluetooth software in the car.... RIDICULOUS AGAIN!

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My best guess is you need the stock recovery to install the OTA update.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I figured it out. I never changed back to ICS radio files prior to installing JB. After I did that, install went fine.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I see texting issues. The keyboard seems to generate suggestions instead of auto-correcting what I type regardless of any settings I change. I called VZ and they transferred me to Samsung who told me that was a change in Jelly Bean. RIDICULOUS!! I downloaded Super Keyboard (free) from the App Store and it seems to be great so far.

Also I have issues with Bluetooth in my '07 G35x. The phone pairs and connects but the audio is like an ANDROID robot voice. They said I have to have Infiniti update my Bluetooth software in the car.... RIDICULOUS AGAIN!

Now you guys cannot tell me that the JB update is worth all this hassle. Hell naw

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Also, this is kind of a big deal to me but probably not to most is that I was able to set my phone to vibrate only when silent. Unless I'm missing something, it's either vibrate and sound together or no vibrate at all, i.e. if you don't check the option, the phone won't notify you that you have a message when on silent.

I like to have audio only with no vibrations if possible but would like vibrations for discrete situations. I find getting vibrations annoying when texting.

Amen on this one -- Like in Gmail now, it's sound & vibrate, before you could select vibrate and then choose "Only in Silent Mode", now its vibrate or sound AND vibrate together, not independent....

Same on txt msges...

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
device idle was a bug not a real battery drain. It just showed the wrong info nice that it has been fixed. I to have had great luck also factory reset as I think you should

How do you do a factory reset?

And does it mess up your screens? I've got them all set up like i like them :)

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you do a factory reset?

And does it mess up your screens? I've got them all set up like i like them :)

Go to settings and tap backup and reset. Then tap factory reset. It will set your phone back to exactly how it came out of the box when you got it. You'll have to set all your screens back how you had them

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Go to settings and tap backup and reset. Then tap factory reset. It will set your phone back to exactly how it came out of the box when you got it. You'll have to set all your screens back how you had them

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Thanks. And DANG. I want to do it, but hate to have to download and re-install everything and reset screens... ugh

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Download "Quickshortcutmaker" from the Play Store. Run the app. Search for "blocking". Select the 2nd option. Name your shortcut. There is your shortcut to the dormant settings, and you can now do EXACTLY what you are talking about here. :)

sorry this is what I was referring to

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. And DANG. I want to do it, but hate to have to download and re-install everything and reset screens... ugh

I know what u mean. I'm waiting for a more stable update to do it myself. To me its not worth the time and effort to fix my phone all over again and still to have issues with the update. Some people say they'd recommend it but I'm still skeptical. Good luck if you decide to update

drews66

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
]

Thanks... how do this?

Reset is better imo takes more time but is the better option. To clear cache. Restart the phone and hold volume up, home button & power all at the same time. Use the volume keys to scroll down to clear device cache. Hit power to select then hit power again to reboot device.