Jelly Bean Issues After Update

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

not2gutta

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to get rid of the annoying cb# that comes with every text now? Before I didn't have this issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Even4steven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
For those with Battery Issues have you tried changing the cell service back to CDMA/LTE from the Global Mode that it enabled? That seemed to help me.

Anyone able to replicate my calendar widget issue where it my screen glitches when scrolling left to right from the home screen?

I will try going back to CDMA/LTE. It is a good idea and worth the try

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trilliumknits

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

I had that problem this morning , but it resolved after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Jenifer Riley

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having several issuea. First one was that my led notifications didn't work. Also I no longer have my bubble notification on the lock screen for missed text. I really loved having that. The keyboard lags when typing online...like now. Texts are norm speed. I tried everything and finally factory reset. I do get led notifications now...however I miss having them even when the screen is not locked. Battery life is better since I set mobile settings back to CDMA/LTE for some reason it automatically changed it with the jb update to Global. I would love to have the brighter led back. Dimmer is not better. The vibrate seems stronger and longer. But not a big deal...just think it uses more battery. Emails...I have 3 emails I use...one exchange and it works and updates emails as it should. But I liked using that app for all of my emails instead of the gmail app since you can't use the motion feature on it. (Tap to top) when I opened it and set all settings the app loaded the oldest emails first and took an hour to get to that day's emails. It still won't work right. I've tried ever setting I could think of...and nothing. ...so I'm forced to use the gmail app and have no use of motion as mentioned earlier. Overall I'm not impressed. I want to flash my phone and get ics back. Unless bug fixes come about.I miss the bubble text notification the most. The keyboard is just annoying...really annoying. Along with the email issues.

Jenifer Riley

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The sender needs to turn it off. Seems not all JB installs turned it on. Mine didn't.

Nope. Its automatic. Even if the other person doesn't have it checked to send call back # it will if you have more than one phone number for that person in your contacts. Also will do it if there's an email address and only one phone number. It did the same on my htc Rezound when it updated to jb.

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I had that problem this morning , but it resolved after a reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Unfortunately reboot didn't help. Hopefully it will resolve itself over time tho... Least I know the headphone jack does still work lol.

Will Sf

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
The dimming is part of the power-saving features..both in the display setting and the power-saving settings sections. in the display unselect "auto-adjust screen tone" and in the power-saving section uncheck "change background color" this will affect the stock email and browser apps. it will affect your battery usage slightly.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
The dimming is part of the power-saving features..both in the display setting and the power-saving settings sections. in the display unselect "auto-adjust screen tone" and in the power-saving section uncheck "change background color" this will affect the stock email and browser apps. it will affect your battery usage slightly.

If you're talking about the LED that most of the people in the thread are talking about, then that would be wrong. The dimmer LED cannot be toggled (although I'd assume it IS a power saving method)

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Here are my current findings (not really issues, just differences i see):

1. The notification bar looks grey to me in Jelly Bean instead of black. However when i drop it down it is black. Anyone else see this?
2. Notification LED's blink very fast now. Before when i had a new Gmail message, i would get a blue led every 4-5 seconds. Now it blinks rapidly, more like once a second. Not sure if there is a way to adjust this in Jelly Bean?

I'm still playing around with it...

My notification bar is also grey instead of black. I also noticed that what ever pic I use for my lock screen it is washed out, its like the brightness for the lock screen wall paper got turned up. But if I use the pic for anything else its fine.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they do however it functions differently...in ICS you could swipe the text bubble to take you right to that particular text, now if you swipe the text messages shortcut it takes you back into the last text message you sent. Highly annoying.

Text counts show up on mine on the messaging shortcut on the lockscreen

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The JB update has been brutal on my battery life. The main culprit appears to be "Media Server," whatever the hell that is. This morning my phone was unplugged from the charger at about 4:47. Thats it. Unplugged and never turned the screen on. 2 hours later the battery is already down to 85%. Media Server is the #1 killer, causing my phone to stay awake for 58 minutes. Of these 2 hours the screen has been on for 2 minutes. Does anybody have any idea what this is and why its murdering my battery?

jasondec72#AC

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I found out why my battery was draining so fast.

It was the "Report from this device" option in the Map settings. (Maps - Settings - Location settings. Uncheck "Report from this device")

That was eating my battery for breakfast. I've disabled that and my battery is 100% back to where it was on ICS.

I'm not sure how this is going to effect Google Now. I'm assuming it will not work correctly because it uses those location settings to work. So if you use Google Now, you may have to suffer with horrible battery life until they get it fixed (unless this is considered normal and will not be fixed)

Hope this helps some of you others who are having battery drain issues.

DRT II

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem this morning. My phone showed I had an email, I clicked on it and all my email is missing. My inbox, sent all of it. I tried to delete account and it says it wont delete because it is being used by apps. Telling me to do a factory reset. This account isnt e en used with any apps. Does anyone else have this issue?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan