Jelly Bean Issues After Update

pagerond

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
After the update, my phone was locking up and rebooting every few minutes. I uninstalled Juice Defender, and no more problems. Is anyone else having problems with Juice Defender?

alptraum

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Anyone having issues with being able to manually add wireless APs. It worked fine under ICS but after the update I keep getting "Unable to save the network" message when I try and save the settings. I have talked to both Samsung and Verizon about this and the rep from Samsung didn't have a clue and Verizon's answer was that it is a bug and they are sending me another phone. Unless its a hardware related issue a new phone will not solve that.

I'm also having the battery issues that everyone else is reporting. It has been on the battery for 1 1/2 hours this morning and already at 77%.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So far a battery pull has corrected this for me...how very BlackBerry of you, jelly bean.

Can often be a corrupt image or video etc on your sd card. I would save SD contents to your computer and format the card and see if that helps.

Another thing it could be is under your google account do you have sync google play music? Try unchecking that.

pagerond

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok, phone is STILL freezing and then rebooting itself every 10 minutes or so, even without Juice Defender. Anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking about doing a factory reset - will that take me back to ICS?

After the update, my phone was locking up and rebooting every few minutes. I uninstalled Juice Defender, and no more problems. Is anyone else having problems with Juice Defender?

Aesopbx

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I've been having issues with Google Play music app. Not sure if it is related to the JB update, but after a few songs it stops playing and whatever song it is stuck on I cannot skip nor can I choose another song from another playlist/album.

The only solutions I can think of are 1. clear the cache 2. uninstall and reinstall 3. download an alt. music app.

Anyone else experience Google Play Music Issues?

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok, phone is STILL freezing and then rebooting itself every 10 minutes or so, even without Juice Defender. Anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking about doing a factory reset - will that take me back to ICS?

Another vote for ICS

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Tevin Broner

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I do need help. My phone was only off my charger for 2 hours. It went from 100 to almost 40 percent. I have power saver on also.

It just says that the android system is the main culprit

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Whether the few folks who say they're having no issues with JB want to admit it or not, I think we can agree that this version of JB was a bust and many could've done without it.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
You can look into battery problems using the "BetterBatteryStats" app. There's various internet postings about this, checking how much your battery goes into "deep sleep" state, and finding out which apps and settings are keeping your phone awake (using battery) when you're not doing anything. That is, if re-doing your settings after the update doesn't fix it, and a factory reset doesn't help. I went through all my settings after the JB update, and found several that were reverted, or set to more power-consuming settings than I wanted. I didn't need to do a factory reset to normalize my battery usage as a result of fixing my settings. A couple of settings that come to mind are the "Maps" app having "report my location" on, and having 4G/LTE on (which I never use because it sucks battery, I'm in an 4G/LTE fringe area). If your settings are okay, generally speaking one or more apps is misbehaving, and causing your phone to be using battery when it shouldn't be. BetterBatteryStats gives you a way of finding out which apps are the culprits, and taking care of business.

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I?ve noticed that the JB update changed a lot of my settings. So far, I?ve noticed that it changed the screen timeout from 1 minute to 30 seconds and checked the box to always vibrate when I receive a text message. It also made my home button close apps and return to the home screen when I just wanted it to wake up the phone.

It?s very annoying that I would have to readjust my settings after a software upgrade. Google and Verizon should be embarrassed.

Anomalant

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
JRANKINIII,

I noticed that problem yesterday. Playing songs off of my sd card seem to have problems. Some times it stops after a few songs, some times is does not.

Can someone please see if they have the same calendar widget issue. Using the 2x3 native calendar widget with your google account on one of the secondary homescreens; After the phone has been locked for a few minutes, when I swipe to get to the secondary homescreen with the widget it sticks a little bit. I was able to duplicate this on my wife's phone, wondering if anyone else can as well.

gigabyte772

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I cannot get the default mail icon to check for new messages and will only check when I go into it. I have checked the freq = 15 mins - deleted and recreated the pop account same thing - Anything else?

ashishb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The dimming is part of the power-saving features..both in the display setting and the power-saving settings sections. in the display unselect "auto-adjust screen tone" and in the power-saving section uncheck "change background color" this will affect the stock email and browser apps. it will affect your battery usage slightly.

Will - thanks for the tip on changing the setting background color in the power saving section. Was getting annoyed with the stock email app being so dim. Appreciate it.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Mine isn't playing flash videos either. There is just a blue cube<br />
<br />
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Look for the forum that has the apk for the flash player and it should work but I believe only in the stock browser

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Look for the forum that has the apk for the flash player and it should work but I believe only in the stock browser

I believe it works now. I just didn't have the latest

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums