Jelly Bean Issues After Update

pacdog1171

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Wish I could but program used to update my cases is exclusive to work computer for security reasons. Worst case scenario is emailing myself photos.

StingrayJG

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I use Handcent SMS app for texting and ever since I got update pushed through this morning:

When I tap icon to open app, then tap a contact to open up conversation string with them, a notification icon immediately pops up in the bar up top. If I hit back button twice or hit home button to exit the program, the icon remains present up on the notification bar. Here's where it gets weird. When I drag down the notification bar, the Handcent notification is telling me that I have 32 new messages (when in fact I didn't get any) and the notification is dated Dec 15th (today is the 20th) The problem is repeatable, happens every time. Also, if I don't clear that false-positive icon, my LED indicator stops working for everything. Not blue blink for Handcent, not red for charging, not green for full charge, No other LED for other apps functions either. As soon as I clear the false Handcent notification all the LED notifications work fine again, including if get a legit text through Handcent, as long as I cleared the false one first before receiving it. Now I just sent myself a test text and the LED worked fine and it vibrated as set, but when I dragged down the Handcent notification that appeared, it said I had 33 new messages! It just added my new test text to the 32 message false-positive notification. Then I tap it and only my new test text is there. That part is fine. It sounds to me like Handcent is having a bad reaction to the system upgrade and they will have to issue a fix. But I just wanted to know if anyone else out there that uses Handcent has been experiencing the same thing or not and perhaps even knows of a workaround. It's always nice to know you're not the only one when these things happen.

scubbie

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem, not with calls though. but my text sound wasn't working, even tried to set it back to a default sound, still only plays half the sound. anyone found a fix to this?

mpower13

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Is nobody else having issues with Google Maps crashing? Specifically when trying to navigate?

Other than this serious issue which pisses me off to no end, the phone works as it did with ICS.

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same problem, not with calls though. but my text sound wasn't working, even tried to set it back to a default sound, still only plays half the sound. anyone found a fix to this?

I've read several places that they went to their settings within Messaging and changed the "Delete old messages" setting, and it fixed their sound issue with texts. Give it a shot.

mk51

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got my SGSIII and updated to JB. Everything was okay, then I see everytime I have the keyboard up, the 'Choose your input method' shows up in the notification bar and it's ANNOYING! Anyone else having this problem? How the heck do I get rid of it?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Just got my SGSIII and updated to JB. Everything was okay, then I see everytime I have the keyboard up, the 'Choose your input method' shows up in the notification bar and it's ANNOYING! Anyone else having this problem? How the heck do I get rid of it?

If you are not using the stock keyboard, it will do that. Did it in ics too. I haven't seen a mod to remove on ics or jb but doesn't mean it's not out there.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
No problem with Swiftkey 3, but I still can't access or set up my Yahoo Mail account which worked fine with ICS.
I installed Android Assistant, which my son-in-law recommended to help close down things I didn't need open and battery life has improved. Initially it was terrible.

the new low light setting for the camera is fine if you like pink pictures. They're just about uncorrectable in Photoshop, so I've taken to converting them to b/w.

If you are not using the stock keyboard, it will do that. Did it in ics too. I haven't seen a mod to remove on ics or jb but doesn't mean it's not out there.

dcstuntman

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
New problem for me that just popped up....

I use an aux cable to listen to music in my car... It's a cheap one but it's done the job. This morning after one song the headphone symbol goes away and music plays thru my phone. It wouldn't detect the aux cable anymore after than. I get home and plug in my headphones that came with the phone and the headphone symbol still doesn't show but music does play thru the headphones at least. Is this some sorta glitch perhaps?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I'm seeing similar using Google Music.... several songs will play out of my aux cable to radio... then suddenly next one starts playing through phone speaker... I skip to next track and it plays through aux again.... this NEVER happened before. (also poor battery life.... & did they change home button behavior? I swear pressing home button would simply wake screen... now it takes me out of current app and sends me immediately to desktop.)

And anyone else using home screen replacement? Currently running ADW (paid) and every time I reboot phone I get the option screen asking if I want to use ADW all the time or just once.

pagerond

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Right after the update, my phone started freezing and rebooting every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it would freeze while I was doing something on the phone, and then reboot a few seconds later. I thought it was Juice Defender. When I uninstalled it, the phone seemed to be back to normal (except for the increased battery drain). However, I just turned off Mobile Data, and the phone froze and rebooted.

Is anyone else having problems when they turn off mobile data? Every time I try, the phone freezes and reboots.

Sargasso

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Samsung music player freezes after a few songs and will not respond until phone is rebooted. Songbird works fine. Music is on external SD ~30GB

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

v1ncestah

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
the two main issues i have with my gs3 are battery life and heat. My battery life is pretty bad on the phone now like it shrunk in half. The heat its producing after about 10 minutes of usage is pretty annoying too. It heats from the screen to the back of the phone.

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed erratic response to voice capture with the camera?
Sometimes it works, sometimes there's no response at all.

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody have any knowledge about "Media Server" and "Media" showing heavy background battery usage?

I had this issue. The media will take 50% to 70% of the battery life, the phone runs hot and the battery drains fast. I did a factory reset and all is well now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma