Jelly Bean Issues After Update

kes2

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
IN NEED OF DESPERATE HELP! Installed the JB update recently. Traveling abroad in the spring! Do I need to buy a local SIM card when I am abroad or will my current Verizon service cover me?
I need to know asap!!! Will I need to buy a sim card for the country I'm going to or am I set to go?!
thank you so much for your help! what can I say I'm a dumb blonde :p

shwon725

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I've read through the entire thread and couldn't find anyone having the same problem that I'm having after JB update. I have go locker installed on my phone and use it for my lock screen. When my headphone is plugged into my S3 and unlock my phone, music comes out of the speaker and I have to pause and repress play button in order for music to play on my headphone. Anyone having the same problem or know the solution to this? Thanks!

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
IN NEED OF DESPERATE HELP! Installed the JB update recently. Traveling abroad in the spring! Do I need to buy a local SIM card when I am abroad or will my current Verizon service cover me?
I need to know asap!!! Will I need to buy a sim card for the country I'm going to or am I set to go?!
thank you so much for your help! what can I say I'm a dumb blonde :p

I don't believe that the s3 is a global phone under Verizon. There's always skype for when you have WiFi, of course.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The JB update unlocked global roaming mode so it is in fact a world phone now.

Yes, that is apparently correct, those who have updated to JB have global roaming available to them. They do have coverage maps and rates listed. There appears to be a charge of $4.99 per month for the "global value plan", and per-minute charges on top of that. I looked at charges for England, France, and Italy, and found that the per-minute charges are $0.99 for the "value plan", and $1.29 for the standard plan. And $0.50 per text to send, $.0.05 to receive a text. Don't know how that compares with using a local cell phone in those locations, but sounds higher to me.

Rockbeast

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got my S3 last week, and it upgraded to Android 4.1.1 right away. I have been able to connect with many wifi hotspots, but not my office WPA/WPA2 PSK non-broadcasting network. the S3 detects it, but it goes through Authenticating, connecting, obtaining IP address...and after about 30 seconds it pops up a dialog box with "Network Disabled. Poor connection". I can be standing right next to the router, no difference. Our network administrator who runs ICS on his Nexus can't figure out the problem.

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Anyone notice that you can directly add widgets from the drawer under Jelly Bean without root? It works on Nova and Apex on my phone. Is this a known feature?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Taryn Aronson

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
The ongoing notifications are driving me batty too! I thought it was handcent sms app so I uninstalled it, but it's doing it with the factory SMS too. Help!

eretz

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even want the stupid JB update. My phone did it automatically and now I get a stupid cb# at the bottom of every text people send me. If I am in a conversation with someone it still puts the cb number on every text. I am not going to ask over 300 contacts to turn it off specifically for me. And they can only turn it off if they have a similar smart phone. What if they don't have a smart phone?

does anyone have a solution for this?

DOUGLAS HOYT

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
A couple of problems that I have had include the back of the phone getting really hot when used and that is through a protective case skin.

I too am having Bluetooth connection problems. Recieved the update on the 28th and when using my vehicle on the 29th the phone had intermitent connections.

Shut off the global connection and that seemed to help the battery but after getting the update my battery went from about 60% to 5% in two hours.

If this is how upgrades are going to go please don't do it anymore.

Yeag3r

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Just checking to see if any has found a fix for the facebook crawl and news crawl not working on the lockscreen?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
A couple of problems that I have had include the back of the phone getting really hot when used and that is through a protective case skin.

I too am having Bluetooth connection problems. Recieved the update on the 28th and when using my vehicle on the 29th the phone had intermitent connections.

Shut off the global connection and that seemed to help the battery but after getting the update my battery went from about 60% to 5% in two hours.

If this is how upgrades are going to go please don't do it anymore.
My phone is now staying connected to my car (although the car only shows 2 bars when the phone shows 5) after I did a factory reset. Not sure if that will help in all situations but it did help me. I need my phone connected to my car bluetooth so it was worth doing the factory reset in my case.

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am missing it but I have yet to see anybody say they have had any connection problems except me.My phone was perfect before update and now I am stuck on 3g most of the times and sometimes no signal at all.Can anybody give me some advice.Thanks

dogboyr1

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am missing it but I have yet to see anybody say they have had any connection problems except me.My phone was perfect before update and now I am stuck on 3g most of the times and sometimes no signal at all.Can anybody give me some advice.Thanks

did you try factory reset??

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Happy New Years Eve! I have read about 8 pages and was tired of looking. Sorry if this is a repeat. Is anyone having issues with your media volume just muting on its on after the update. Stock non rooted here!

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Whether the few folks who say they're having no issues with JB want to admit it or not, I think we can agree that this version of JB was a bust and many could've done without it.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
Before this update my phone was perfect.The best phone ever.Now I lost much of my 4g and stuck on 3g.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
One issue im having is the inability to open the clipboard icon from the keyboard. When your cursor is in a text input area where it brings up the keyboard, clicking the clipboard icon does nothing 90% of the time. For some reason on some sites or text areas it works. It seems to work in the stock messaging app. This feature worked perfectly in ICS and its annoying since i use the clipboard all the time. For the times when it doesnt respond, only way to bring up the clipboard is to tap/hold the cursor to bring up the options.

Also, in "Languange and input", i uncheck the Google Voice Typing feature but it seems to reenable itself after a while all on its own. Very frustrating.

I have done a factory reset after the update, which was pushed onto my phone may i add, and also a clearing of cache from the bootup menu options.

Any ideas? Anyone experiencing this also?

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Before this update my phone was perfect.The best phone ever.Now I lost much of my 4g and stuck on 3g.

Have you tried "More Settings" -> "Mobile Networks" -> "Network Mode"?

How about the "Phone Info" app, where you can set specific modes?

Have you done a factory reset? That can also normalize problems like this.

Not sure specifically what you're seeing?

riot1002#AC

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I tried everthing except the factory reset.I do not want to do a reset.After having this now for a couple of days I have had some 4g in certain area but not much and no more in my house which was never a problem.Thanks

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
my wife has the same problem with not getting the new text messages in the bubble on the lock screen since the jb update. How can I get that back for her?? I read through the whole post looking for a reply or a solution but I haven't seen it so I'm reposting the problem :) thanks in advance

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power