Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Wnrgway

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Ive had a problem since the update with Google Music ie on a list I create, it will only play a couple of songs then freeze and not go any farther. Also just yesterday, it was playing through the headphones then suddenly the next song came on, and it was playing through the microphone instead of the headphones. Anyone else have these issues? Thaks!

I had the music skip issue before Jelly Bean. Check your voice input settings.

Open S-Voice. Select settings from the menu. Select control apps. Turn off voice control for music. Once I did this I didn't have the problem anymore.

As far as google music goes, I couldn't get it to work on ICS. After the Jelly Bean update, it works fine. Go figure. I suppose you could try a factory reset and then reinstall it.

David Hackenberger

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I no longer get my emails. Have tried everything to get them to automatically sync.

My battery drains much faster. My phone was at 100% < 3 hours ago, now it's at 67% with almost no use. Usually I'd get home from work and have > 70%, now it's at 25% when I get home.

superscorer3

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Since the Update the photo gallery doesn't really work. It is very glitchy. Crashes all the time or freezes and doesn't allow you to select the share options you want. Old gallery was much much better.

HygradeB

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I cant see the problem you all seem to have mi run quick just as it did b4 if not better.
Do you have hundreds of pictures of are your pictures extra large in size?

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Android Central Forums

v1ncestah

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
So I'm still one of the users that hasn't done a factory reset since the update, too lazy to redl apps. But the main problems I had with my S3 was battery and faster/frequent heat producing from the phone. The heat doesn't bother me too much but the battery life thing still does. I also noticed something my battery seems to drain quickier when its on power saving mode. Anyone else experienced that or knows how this could be happening? I noticed it a few days ago. I had it charged to 100 and on battery saving mode it went to 97% in like 30 mins and i didn't even touch it. then I switched it to normal mode and after an hour it went down to 95%. Someone please help me?

hmcgillin

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Having all kinds of issues since jelly bean update installed. Mail stalls, messaging stalls. sometimes failing to open. Have to say, I loved the S3 till this update of the OS. Now, I want to throw the phone against the wall. Can one restore ICS? Never had any problems with it.

Tom Bodner

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I uninstalled Play Music updates and it's been working fine.

My Play Music app will freeze, or stop playing all together when I receive a notification. The music stops and when I go to resume, it freezes and won't let me resume. The only way to resume is to restart the phone. big pain! Also, i've experienced the AUX/Phone speaker issue of the playback being switched off and on.

Also, I've been getting a message every so often in various apps, sometimes it's happened multiple times in the same app, and it just interrupts and states "just a few moments while we prepare this application for use". Not sure why it's doing this, but it happens in apps that I've already been using. Anyone seen this?

digitroll

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking through this thread hoping to find a solution to my issue with JB but no luck...so here's my deal...running apptrailers app i can watch a few vids and then the screen goes black but i still have icons at the top and then after a minute or so it reboots...any ideas?!

TitanG

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Right after the update, my phone started freezing and rebooting every 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it would freeze while I was doing something on the phone, and then reboot a few seconds later. I thought it was Juice Defender. When I uninstalled it, the phone seemed to be back to normal (except for the increased battery drain). However, I just turned off Mobile Data, and the phone froze and rebooted.

Is anyone else having problems when they turn off mobile data? Every time I try, the phone freezes and reboots.

I'm having the same freezing/rebooting problem but didn't have Juice Defender. I've had it do it while writing an email, when turning the wifi on/off, when talking on the phone (only Touchwiz reboot), and when I havn't even been doing anything on the phone. Seems like it is not happening as frequently more recently. I only got the update sometime last week (01/07/13).
Did initially also have the camera/gallery freeze. But that seems to have been fixed now.
The battery drain is pretty well gone and I did turn the network to CDMA/LTE (from Global). I have turned off the wifi unless I'm using but I still have my unlimited plan so I don't use it that much. The wifi scans every 5-10 seconds even if I'm connected with a strong signal so I figure it contributed to battery drain.

I'll continue to look through forum to see if the reboot issue is solved but if someone has fix please reply.

David Dacus

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
i have terrible battery drain since update. also i use chomp sms and avast mobile. when i get a text from a number that is not already on my contact list the avast mobile crashes. afterwards that text is not in my phone anywhere. also my visual voicemail doesnt alert me when i have a message. i have to log out then log back in to see my new messages. im over jelly bean. how do i get rid of it?

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
i have terrible battery drain since update. also i use chomp sms and avast mobile. when i get a text from a number that is not already on my contact list the avast mobile crashes. afterwards that text is not in my phone anywhere. also my visual voicemail doesnt alert me when i have a message. i have to log out then log back in to see my new messages. im over jelly bean. how do i get rid of it?

There's no getting rid of it without rooting your phone and installing a better Jelly Bean rom. My best advice would be to do a hard reset, so that everything from the update works as it should. Hopefully you'll have a much more happy phone.

erjennin

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I am having the same problem, not with calls though. but my text sound wasn't working, even tried to set it back to a default sound, still only plays half the sound. anyone found a fix to this?

Go into messsaging>settings>and uncheck "Delete Old Messages"

Dustin Schultz

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
My phone has decided to start giving me the pop up message saying "just a moment while we prepare this application for use".

This is very annoying as it causes a 10-15 second delay in whatever app I'm using.

This is very annoying as you can probably tell.

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a solution to it?

So far I have reset and run my phone with no apps or accounts on it, but the problem still appears.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I've been having a weird issue with folders since the update.

I've got two main folders on my main screen, one for my most common direct dials and the other for testing.

When I open the folder and select a shortcut to make a phone call, it takes me to the dialer and places the call.

However, when I hang up and hit the button to shut down the dialer and go back to the home screen, the folder full of short cuts remains open.

I have to hit the bottom button again to close the folder. Prior to the JB update, this folder would close itself when the dialer launched.

Does anyone else have this bug?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech