Jelly Bean Issues After Update

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone has decided to start giving me the pop up message saying "just a moment while we prepare this application for use".

This is very annoying as it causes a 10-15 second delay in whatever app I'm using.

This is very annoying as you can probably tell.

I am wondering if anyone has had this problem and found a solution to it?

So far I have reset and run my phone with no apps or accounts on it, but the problem still appears.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

I did have this problem a few weeks ago. It probably did it 10 times to me in the span of 2-3 days. Very annoying. Haven't seen it since. I guess my advice is to ride out the storm.

Kennyb123

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a weird issue with folders since the update.

I've got two main folders on my main screen, one for my most common direct dials and the other for testing.

When I open the folder and select a shortcut to make a phone call, it takes me to the dialer and places the call.

However, when I hang up and hit the button to shut down the dialer and go back to the home screen, the folder full of short cuts remains open.

I have to hit the bottom button again to close the folder. Prior to the JB update, this folder would close itself when the dialer launched.

Does anyone else have this bug?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk

Yes. For some reason, the JB update leaves the folder open in the background when you run an app from a folder. So, when you hit the homescreen, it brings you back to that folder. It's really stupid. But, it's even worse. Instead of clicking the home button, try long-pressing for the multi-tasking menu. The app you were just in is NOT on that list. You have to hit home TWICE so that the folder is removed, and you're truly back to your homescreen. THEN if you long-press, you'll see the last app you were in, and can return. It's very very stupid and annoying.

tony477g

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Ive also gotten this problem with the battery where it just takes forever to charge. Before the JB update in a few hours I'd be close to 100 percent, now it takes all night. Also at times when I go into any app that I would need the keyboard at times the keyboard never comes up. I'm using swype that came with JB and its quite annoying when i just sit there and it doesnt come up.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Yes. For some reason, the JB update leaves the folder open in the background when you run an app from a folder. So, when you hit the homescreen, it brings you back to that folder. It's really stupid. But, it's even worse. Instead of clicking the home button, try long-pressing for the multi-tasking menu. The app you were just in is NOT on that list. You have to hit home TWICE so that the folder is removed, and you're truly back to your homescreen. THEN if you long-press, you'll see the last app you were in, and can return. It's very very stupid and annoying.

Thanks for that. At least I know I'm not alone with this one. You would think, with as long as it took Samsung and Verizon to get JB out for the GS3, stuff like this would have been found.

xderiwx

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that. At least I know I'm not alone with this one. You would think, with as long as it took Samsung and Verizon to get JB out for the GS3, stuff like this would have been found.

Absolutely, you would think it would be perfect! Seems that they just spend that time loading in as much bloatware and annoyances as possible. Like that wifi notification and the message that always pops up when you toggle off data. As much as they want to push you to use wifi instead of data, you would think that they would just let you turn data off without warning you every single time. :)

Guess its time to root/unlock and try some roms that hopefully dont have the bugs that the official release has.

skanitsch

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I just got my S3 and it came with 4.1.1. I have noticed that the date, time & battery usage on the status bar does not update. It will for a little while then stops until I restart the phone. Can anyone give me any suggestions or insights into this issue?

jiggy1com

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
#1 -- I noticed this IMMEDIATELY after the update and I was like WTF. I can't find how to change this. My buddy said the new iOS and Jelly Bean both have this transparency thing -- but how do I adjust it? I feel like it hurts my eyes.

I also noticed my gmail notifications provide some text from the message. I don't want that. Ugh

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I lose GPS lock after a few days.

Start with a fresh reboot.
GPS locks on quickly (verified with Maps and GPS Status app).
after a few days I am no longer able to get GPS lock. Use GPS Status to reset/download GPS and still won't see any sats). Won't even show any sats as being visible.
Reboot phone and able to lock again.

Haven't narrowed down what app(?) is killing it.

Never had a problem with ICS with this.

Me too. It also randomly drops gps while using maps/navigation. Can't ever predict when it is going to work. Or not work due that matter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

thrawn_2071

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I updated with my Galaxy S3 last week, and didn't have any problems until today. Suddenly, I can no longer send or receive texts. Anybody else have this issue?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I updated with my Galaxy S3 last week, and didn't have any problems until today. Suddenly, I can no longer send or receive texts. Anybody else have this issue?
Texting has been fine for me all day. Could be a temporary network issue in your area. Here are the problems I've noticed.
1. DNLA or Media Share - Nearby Devices: Stays in the "Organizing files for sharing with nearby devices..." forever. I know there are workarounds to this and I'm using some. Should work though.
2. Mobile Hotspot: Force closes from Settings or via the Verizon Mobile Hotspot.
3. Tethering: Force closes with USB. Have not tried Bluetooth.
2-3 for me are becoming a sore point, particularly when this worked perfectly with ICS. I'm considering going back to ICS for this reason unless there are some good custom Jellybean based ROMs that can provide the same for 2-3.
As others have pointed out in this thread and others, there are more annoyances like WiFi toggle missing from Notification bar, WiFi notification (really means WiFi is never truly off). Understand that workarounds exist if rooted, however, stuff like this should work or be available in stock images. If anyone has suggestions for how to solve 2-3 that would be awesome.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Texting has been fine for me all day. Could be a temporary network issue in your area. Here are the problems I've noticed.
2. Mobile Hotspot: Force closes from Settings or via the Verizon Mobile Hotspot.
3. Tethering: Force closes with USB. Have not tried Bluetooth.

2. I simply downloaded a new widget (Hotspot Toggle Widget by Fattin Hotspot Network) and mine has worked flawlessly.
3. Try Bluetooth. It works great.

zippero

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Why not just avoid all the problems, factory resets, battery pulls, etc. and buy a phone that actually works day-in and day-out like it's supposed to, the iPhone? I used to be a Samsung fan until my Samsung TV, washing machine, digital camera, and DVD player all pooped out on me a month or two after the 1-year warranty expired. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung product again, and that is why I avoided the Galaxy S3 in favor of the iPhone.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Why not just avoid all the problems, factory resets, battery pulls, etc. and buy a phone that actually works day-in and day-out like it's supposed to, the iPhone? I used to be a Samsung fan until my Samsung TV, washing machine, digital camera, and DVD player all pooped out on me a month or two after the 1-year warranty expired. I swore I'd never buy another Samsung product again, and that is why I avoided the Galaxy S3 in favor of the iPhone.
I think it's perfect logic to avoid the top-rated Samsung phone because you had problems with your other Samsung products although you don't know anything about their phones. Everyone knows the iPhone is the most perfect device ever manufactured and has no problems whatsoever. I may just run out now (since the snow has melted a bit) and return my SIII (which for the most part has given me no problems since the day I got it) and get an iPhone based on your post. That way I can have dead Steve Jobs control my life from the grave and tell me what I can and can not do since my decision-making is obviously not as good as Apple's. Thank you for changing my life and setting me straight.
Why are you even here?

Roger Garcia2

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I've had the same issues after jelly bean update on my at&t samsung galaxy 3 phone reset freeze even after factory reset pull the battery had to trade my phone and get new one

Markjcc

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
does anyone have an issue where if your listening to music via headphones then launch an app that uses sound the music starts to play from the speaker and not the head phones

klt813

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi, primary issue I have with my Verizon Galaxy S3 running JB is that the stock email app will not sync all my folders. Did not have this issue with my Fascinate running ICS nor my Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus which is still on ICS. I setup my yahoo account via "other" manually with the correct imap settings. Sending/receiving works fine, sent and trash folder sync. I can see my personal folders (i.e. etickets, fitness, financial, etc.) but when I open the folder there are no emails after it syncs. Only folders I see emails in are folders where I move an email from the inbox to that folder while on the S3. Whereas on my tablet I see everything I see on my PC and did see on my Fascinate. Driving me nuts!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995