Jelly Bean Issues After Update

eramamma

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Over all I am happy with the update, but I had no choice either. I woke up one morning, and my phone was automatically in the middle of the update. (I have a Samsung S2 LTE on Rogers in Canada) I am finding that it is much faster, and the stock camera much better then before. I do however miss the calendar that came stock with ICS, and I can't seem to find one that I like yet. Also, there was a great app that allowed me to post to both Twitter and Facebook at the same time, and it kept track of my text messages too. I can't remember what it was called even, but I can't seem to find another app that does everything it did. Not a fan of Hootsuite. Anyone know what it was called originally??

kaufmansm

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Navigation crashes, calendar notifications not working at the right time and sometimes not at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My only issue is with Google accounts not syncing automatically. My Gmail is borderline unusable- it never refreshes automatically and resends emails multiple times.
When I go to the account sync settings, I can manually sync calendar and picassa photos, but it always defaults to 'sync disabled.'

Been frustrated with Verizon for a while and this might be the final straw. Really pathetic they can't manage an OS upgrade properly by now and continue to raise rates.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My only issue is with Google accounts not syncing automatically. My Gmail is borderline unusable- it never refreshes automatically and resends emails multiple times.
When I go to the account sync settings, I can manually sync calendar and picassa photos, but it always defaults to 'sync disabled.'

Been frustrated with Verizon for a while and this might be the final straw. Really pathetic they can't manage an OS upgrade properly by now and continue to raise rates.
If it was a Verizon issue you'd be hearing from a lot more people having the problem. If it's just a few people here and there most likely it's something with their device in particular. Just my thoughts...

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
If it was a Verizon issue you'd be hearing from a lot more people having the problem. If it's just a few people here and there most likely it's something with their device in particular. Just my thoughts...

You realize you're reading a 19 page complaint list about the Verizon GSiii Jelly Bean update, right?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
You realize you're reading a 19 page complaint list about the Verizon GSiii Jelly Bean update, right?
Of course I do. I also don't see anyone else with your particular issue which tells me it's not a common problem and very likely specific to your device.

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Of course I do. I also don't see anyone else with your particular issue which tells me it's not a common problem and very likely specific to your device.

Just out of curiosity, are you scanning this thread and adding that comment to all the one-off issues you can find? Wish you could just move on with your business and not concern yourself with this.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, are you scanning this thread and adding that comment to all the one-off issues you can find? Wish you could just move on with your business and not concern yourself with this.
Nope. Your original post made your issue sound like Verizon's incompetence and I'm just trying to show you that I don't believe it is. If it was Verizon's incompetence then there would be more complaints about it. You referenced the fact that this thread has 19 pages of posts (possibly assuming that this issue has come up before) and I had some time and checked. Blame Verizon for lots of things (I do as well as others) but unless there are lots of complaints about the same issue then I find it difficult to blame them. At that point I stand by my original statement and say it's probably something specific to your device. Most likely it can be fixed by doing a factory reset. When I got the original JB update I had many issues and a factory reset fixed most of them. You would obviously rather blame Verizon. I would rather try every way possible first to fix a problem myself than blame someone else. We obviously differ in our philosophies. I'm done with this now. You can continue blaming Verizon to your heart's content but the first thing they'll do is tell you to factory reset your phone anyway.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i lost my google account email. it is not syncing. only thing i can think of is to delete it and redo it, but why cant they do something right

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
go away with your . verizon is always the blame. they do an update and i lose my email google account. why do i have to do a factory reset and lose everything on my s3 for there screwup

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Kristin Dewey

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I Updated Last Night, And MyTexting Is Off As You Can See with My capitalIzing It'sThrowing It Off . I Also Can't Get Onto Wifi With The Jb Update Now. It Says To Use usb Or Bluetooth mode. I Have Contacted Pdanet mfr. I Have Verizon And A Motorola razr

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I Updated Last Night, And MyTexting Is Off As You Can See with My capitalIzing It'sThrowing It Off . I Also Can't Get Onto Wifi With The Jb Update Now. It Says To Use usb Or Bluetooth mode. I Have Contacted Pdanet mfr. I Have Verizon And A Motorola razr
This is a Samsung GS3 thread.

sardar615

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this is happening to anyone else, but all my playlists have disappeared....my music is still there, but no playlists....Also, I can't speak a location in the Navigation app, it crashes. I have rebooted many times, pulled the battery, still nothing....And, I do not want to do a factory reset, can anyone help?

megamef

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Ever since the update, everytime I go to my browser (stock browser), it opens up a new tab instead of going to the page I was on last. I looked in the browser settings and don't see anything to control the opening of a new tab when browser is reopened. Any ideas?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Blame Samsung, Verizon isn't the one making the updates.

tunabird

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
because it screws up all my bluetooth stuff! I went from 1 push on my bluetooth to make a call to 4 physical phone selections to make a call.

Peter van Diessen

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My issue after upgrading to JB are the "page 1 of 6" notifications that i can't get rid of. It's driving me crazy to hear them all day long when going through the app pages...must be part of the accessibility features for the visually impaired. but those features are turned off and even killing and disabling the whole process is not changing anything!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy