Jelly Bean Features

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I backed out. I just raised the phone to my ear while in the text message and it called the contract

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This is correct - you can either hit the little button or you can just hold it up to your ear and it calls the contact. I do have that Motion option enabled so maybe that won't happen unless you have that enabled in settings, not sure if that's jellybean. It always did this from a contact screen but not from text screen until now.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I am on Telus up here in Canada.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Yeah Verizon, didn't include blocking mode in the settings. It's hidden. I installed an app that allowed me to make a shortcut icon for blocking mode. Verizon makes the dumbest decisions to screw us

thebear

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Forgot to quote and now I don't know how to add it after the fact, but this is in response to juniorgolf

Now when you select color in apps the led notification is the correct color. For example in go sms I set the notification color to green and voila when I get a text the color is now green. Likewise I set my aquamail to blue and it works.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Forgot to quote and now I don't know how to add it after the fact, but this is in response to juniorgolf

Now when you select color in apps the led notification is the correct color. For example in go sms I set the notification color to green and voila when I get a text the color is now green. Likewise I set my aquamail to blue and it works.

Yeah, and many of the apps that had an issue with the LED light just staying on aren't doing that any more (Facebook, my Twitter app[Plume], etc)

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I added the shortcut for blocking mode. When I try to add contacts to it so they can still call even when blocking mode on it crashes the settings app. Maybe that's why Verizon left it out of the settings. Has anyone else tried using it with any success?

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I've discovered..... I have a folder on my main home screen with many apps, if I open the folder and launch an app, then when I'm done with the app I press the home button it brings me back to my main home screen with the folder open. That wasn't the case with ICS. Me no likey that!
I don't like it either. Any way to turn it off?

SPB903

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Love the new signature feature in Text msging. Never saw that before. It's right below where you toggle on/off the callback # feature.

Where can you toggle the callback number feature on/off for texts recieved?? Thats new with JB. I dont need to know the callback # for the person Im texting, I already know that lol.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I added the shortcut for blocking mode. When I try to add contacts to it so they can still call even when blocking mode on it crashes the settings app. Maybe that's why Verizon left it out of the settings. Has anyone else tried using it with any success?

Same here. I just block all notifications except calls. Everyone I know knows not to call me late unless it's a life or death situation lol

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Is there an app you use to make changes the led color because I can't find that option in any of the apps only to toggle it on or off