1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Auto-correct using stock Samsung keyboard (JB)

Updated to JB this morning and now my auto correct is not working. It'll suggest a word in the area above the keyboard but will not automatically change it to that word.

Anyone else seeing this? I read over the recent threads about issues/changes and did not see this mentioned. It is getting really annoying having to keep retyping things that I typed wrong
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Auto-correct using stock Samsung keyboard (JB)

Bump? Am I really the only one with this issue?! (Or am I the only one even using the stock keyboard?!)

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

I think the stock keyboard is better in Jellybean compared to ICS. I used it for a few hours today before reinstalling SwiftKey 3 that I had prior to a Factory Reset before the Jellybean update.

I am experiencing the same problem and it's driving me nuts. Hate it!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Dog5000 View Post
    I think the stock keyboard is better in Jellybean compared to ICS. I used it for a few hours today before reinstalling SwiftKey 3 that I had prior to a Factory Reset before the Jellybean update.
    Swiftkey Flow Beta is available!
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I like the keyboard in JB more too, however that isn't the issue I'm having right now. My auto correct on the stock JB keyboard is not working at all. I'll misspell a word, and instead of replacing it with what the system thinks would be the correct spelling, it just leaves it. I've messed around with the settings and still nothing. I've resetted the settings and re-did them, and again, nothing. Really trying to avoid factory resetting it - and I'm not sure there'd be any other solution since it seems not many people are having this issue.

Wowpaw, jelly bean does not have Auto correct on note II or any of the the Samsung devices that I've encountered, it has prediction but not the actual auto correct. I've confirmed this through a different forum not sure what one. All you have to do is download the SwiftKey app. I bought mine for 3.99 or you can use the trial version for one month

Sent from my Note II on steroids
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by moralcode View Post
    Wowpaw, jelly bean does not have Auto correct on note II or any of the the Samsung devices that I've encountered, it has prediction but not the actual auto correct. I've confirmed this through a different forum not sure what one. All you have to do is download the SwiftKey app. I bought mine for 3.99 or you can use the trial version for one month

Sent from my Note II on steroids
    Wow that's mind boggling that they'd have it on ICS then remove it. Any idea why they did that? I'm on GoKeyboard right now, but will probably purchase Swiftkey in the near future

Global Posts
    960 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    I like the keyboard in JB more too, however that isn't the issue I'm having right now. My auto correct on the stock JB keyboard is not working at all. I'll misspell a word, and instead of replacing it with what the system thinks would be the correct spelling, it just leaves it. I've messed around with the settings and still nothing. I've resetted the settings and re-did them, and again, nothing. Really trying to avoid factory resetting it - and I'm not sure there'd be any other solution since it seems not many people are having this issue.
    Sorry thats happening to you. Although I think the JB version is better than the ICS stock, I still had similar issues with words not autocorrecting, etc. I only had the default keyboard in place long enough to get the phone setup again the way I wanted and then reinstalled SwiftKey 3. Kudos to you for having the patience to stay with the stock keyboard. I'd stay away from a Factory Reset if possible as I don't see the ROI from doing that vs. using a third party keyboard like SwiftKey.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Sorry thats happening to you. Although I think the JB version is better than the ICS stock, I still had similar issues with words not autocorrecting, etc. I only had the default keyboard in place long enough to get the phone setup again the way I wanted and then reinstalled SwiftKey 3. Kudos to you for having the patience to stay with the stock keyboard. I'd stay away from a Factory Reset if possible as I don't see the ROI from doing that vs. using a third party keyboard like SwiftKey.
    There were many, many, many times where I was THIS close to ditching the stock samsung keyboard lol.. dunno how I stuck with it for so long

Having the same problem with my phone. My fat fingers make a lot of mistakes. I'm already looking at other options.

It seems to me the stock JB keyboard is a version of Swype Beta. Was using Swype before the update to JB.
    I didn't like this new one, so I bought Swiftkey. I noticed Swype Beta is no longer on Google Play.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Norris View Post
    Having the same problem with my phone. My fat fingers make a lot of mistakes. I'm already looking at other options.
    Swiftkey seems to be the paid route; GoKeyboard the free one.

Its driving me nuts that it doesn't auto correct!

Sent from my S3 on ACS
    Sent from my S3

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    Swiftkey seems to be the paid route; GoKeyboard the free one.
    For $4 it's worth it, to me anyway.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I am being driven nuts by this same issue. I have fat thumbs and they make a lot of mistakes. The ICS keyboard did a great job of correcting them for me. Now that JB is here the keyboard sucks. Smooth move Samsung, way to cripple your stock keyboard. I have an Asus Transformer with JB which dose predictive test with auto correct just fine.

I guess this is the price to be paid for progress...
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by cmslick3 View Post
    I am being driven nuts by this same issue. I have fat thumbs and they make a lot of mistakes. The ICS keyboard did a great job of correcting them for me. Now that JB is here the keyboard sucks. Smooth move Samsung, way to cripple your stock keyboard. I have an Asus Transformer with JB which dose predictive test with auto correct just fine.

I guess this is the price to be paid for progress...
    Yeah, I went ahead and just bought SwiftKey

I have this same issue with my Note II. Anybody have any luck getting autocorrect to work w/ the stock keyboard?

i have the same issue in March 2013, anyone solved it?

its really annoying