Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

Default Re: Using the Verizon GS3 with an international sim card.

Hi,

Im from the philippines and i received a GS3 from verizon as a gift. I get the constant notification that the sim is a non verizon sim card. i open the notifications tab and tap and hold on the notification to get the app info the i hit clear the data to get the message/notification off.

Regarding getting data to work, you need to manually enter the apn settings. you need to change the network mode in settings (i think its set by default to Global) i change dmine to GSM/UMTS. after that i am able to add apn settings then when i go back to Global mode, the APN is still there and its selected. You just probably need to get the APN settings from the carrier or maybe google it. Hope this helps.

Now i just need to get my sms to work properly when replying to international format numbers then im all set

Default Re: Using the Verizon GS3 with an international sim card.

I have a Verizon S3 I just picked up from the US and am in Asia now, everything worked on it except for the data.. however what I did was google the SIM card user I have and found their APN details. Thus you go to settings, more settings, mobile networks, access point names, and then click the bottom left button and click to add new. Viola. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123