Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: FoxFi Working On Jellybean?

Bump on this as well, I used this only for a little bit after noticing the verizon tether app popping up.
    Verizon GS3 - "Give me signal or give me death!"

Try Fattin Hotspot Toggle widget and report back on whether it works for you or not...

Mine is still working, even after upgrading to Jellybean... But I also have an app/widget update pending that I have not applied yet because I am afraid that it might disable my ability to enable my hotspot...

Jb update for foxfi works yes vzw red hot spot icon comes on but so far no extra charge. But I have notice my speed on foxfi has dropped a lot it reads 400-700kbps when I used to get 6000-14000

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I'm on Jellybean now and haven't had any issues with FoxFi until today. Not sure if it's network issues or what, but my data is working perfect on phone, but when tethered wirelessly the 4G signal goes completely off and on over and over again. Anyone else experiencing this?

Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted, Unlocked

Quote Originally Posted by TBoltShock83839 View Post
    I'm on Jellybean now and haven't had any issues with FoxFi until today. Not sure if it's network issues or what, but my data is working perfect on phone, but when tethered wirelessly the 4G signal goes completely off and on over and over again. Anyone else experiencing this?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...t=243896<br />

We've been wondering the same thing over there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Foxfi I think was updated to PDAnet+

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Guitar Lord View Post
    Anybody gotten their most recent bill and noticed any charges for the tethering from Foxfi yet? I haven't used mine since the update and hopefully I'll be able to soon.
    I used it a little bit last month and I didn't see a charge on my bill that just came out.

Unhappy Re: FoxFi Working On Jellybean?

DON'T DO IT!! I recently had the jellybean installed on my GFs Galaxy Tab 10.1 and all was fine using FoxFii. (I kept hitting the wait to upgrade to jellybean. She doesn't use foxfii so tried it out on hers.) I then received an update on my droid razr & again hesitated to update. I finally decided to update to jellybean after getting tired of the screen popping up. I had to intall PDANet+ which is free & All was fine...for a while. Then a newer update came out & I just okayed it update to jellybean .1v & that's when I lost my favorite all time app, foxfii. I would've preferred having my hotspot over all the things Ingot with the upgraded software. DON'T DO IT. Now i'm in the process of learning how to root my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by vinman371 View Post
    DON'T DO IT!! I recently had the jellybean installed on my GFs Galaxy Tab 10.1 and all was fine using FoxFii. (I kept hitting the wait to upgrade to jellybean. She doesn't use foxfii so tried it out on hers.) I then received an update on my droid razr & again hesitated to update. I finally decided to update to jellybean after getting tired of the screen popping up. I had to intall PDANet+ which is free & All was fine...for a while. Then a newer update came out & I just okayed it update to jellybean .1v & that's when I lost my favorite all time app, foxfii. I would've preferred having my hotspot over all the things Ingot with the upgraded software. DON'T DO IT. Now i'm in the process of learning how to root my phone.
    Might want to try the new version of PDANet+/FoxFi. I read elsewhere there is a new version that now supports JB even on Motorola phones. It has always worked on my S3 now on 4.1.2. I am rooted on synergy and I just use the native app. Logs on fine. The Treve mod is in the ROM so maybe the native app uses that it the background. Not sure. Just know it works.

Has anyone tried out the app since the update yesterday or the day before... I forget. I haven't had time to do so. Feedback would be great. Will try it tonight if I get some time and leave my feedback too.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

Been waiting on feedback for the FoxFi update also. Updates on things that are working perfectly scare me.

I just got a RAZR and this APP Works Great!!! Im NOT ROOTED

Here are screens, and no i do not have any tether charges on my bill/account as of yet...

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Works fine for me! Unrooted Stock JB 4.1.2.. no extra bill charges or anything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

SVTP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12