Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to set up

My wife bought me an s3 for Christmas through her dad's account. Do I have to go to Verizon to set it up on my account or can I do it at home?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: How to set up

Just a guess...but you'll have to contact Verizon to ensure the SIM card is associated with your account.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Just a guess...but you'll have to contact Verizon to ensure the SIM card is associated with your account.
    That's what I was thinking but I wasn't for sure. Was really hoping there was another way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

When I went from my Droid X to the S3 I purchased it from Verizons website. When the phone arrived I merely logged into my Verizon Wireless account and added the SIM number there (Droid X did not use a SIM) . I didn't have to contact/call anyone at VZ.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Eion View Post
    When I went from my Droid X to the S3 I purchased it from Verizons website. When the phone arrived I merely logged into my Verizon Wireless account and added the SIM number there (Droid X did not use a SIM) . I didn't have to contact/call anyone at VZ.
    Yeah but the phone is in someone else's account. Just never opened. So the aim card is also in his account.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2