1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Backing up before a factory reset

I would like to factory-rest my phone. The 4.1.1 update went well but I got too much junk I'd like to start from scratch.

The phone has been saving pictures on the phone, not on the micro SD card. The phone has been automatically backing up to google account.

My question is what items are actually backed up to my Google accounts? I am not so concerned with the sd card contents but the images on the phone can't be retrieved once facory reset.

How would you go about factory-resetting the phone while preserving pictures and other data on the phone's memory?

Thanks in advance. .cheers

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Default Re: Backing up before a factory reset

Quote Originally Posted by James Changstein View Post
    I would like to factory-rest my phone. The 4.1.1 update went well but I got too much junk I'd like to start from scratch.

The phone has been saving pictures on the phone, not on the micro SD card. The phone has been automatically backing up to google account.

My question is what items are actually backed up to my Google accounts? I am not so concerned with the sd card contents but the images on the phone can't be retrieved once facory reset.

How would you go about factory-resetting the phone while preserving pictures and other data on the phone's memory?

Thanks in advance. .cheers
    I have factory reset my phone twice now. I'm used to phones with everything on removable storage, and those are pretty easy to recover. Not so in the SIII since it also blasts the internal sdCard. I now use an app called "FolderSync' to back up the sdCard to a PC that I use as a server, nightly. I haven't needed it yet, but it appear to be saving everything off for me as expected.

You can back up/restore your phone using Kies, but it only covers the files on the phone, not the card. I would just take the card out and make a copy of it on your computer
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks to all who replied.. I have successfully backed up and reset my Galaxy s3.... It now seems even faster and the issue with email is also fixed...

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums