Jelly bean android emojis

ottomatictom

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that the 4.1.1 update has given my phone the ability to read emojis on twitter and such. I know that these are on the android keyboard but my phone doesn't have that. I just have the Samsung keyboard, SwiftKey 3, SwiftKey flow beta, and swype. Is there a way to get these android emojis on my D3 without root? I'd really like to get the android emojis and not the iphone emojis. So is there maybe an android keyboard apk? Thank you in advance.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Android has their own emojis (I could be wrong), but rather they are just iPhone emoji's re-encoded on your phone so you can see them (but not send) - again, I may be totally wrong on this but that'd be my guess

HoudiniJr

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
Try Multiling Keyboard on the app market, along with emoji codec. It will give you the ability to send emoji since they work in conjunction with each other. give it a go! You can even set the keyboard up where you can quickly switch to the emoji keyboard with a gesture. I used to use that until the day the Emoji Keyboard on the Nexus 4 running 4.2 was pulled from the dump. But you have to be rooted to use it, and since you are not rooted, Multiling is the way to go. Keep in mind that with Multiling you are limited since they don't have all the emojis possible on there. It has plenty but you will definitely notice a lot are missing. But hey thats better than nothing. It is a pretty solid keyboard too, I even used it as my main keyboard until 4.2 and the emoji keyboard was dumped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21