Jellybean MMS SEND problems

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
When i try to send a picture msg.. it wont send and the circle keeps turning forever.
The only way I can get the picture msg to send is to restart the phone..

Anyone else having this problem?
It was perfectly fine on ICS.

THank you.

wootang00

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you use the stock messaging app or Handcent? I think I have narrowed the problem to be handcent.
Stock messaging app sends them fine.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem quite a bit using the stock app on ICS. Today on JB however I sent a few picture messages, all went through fine.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I can on use the native messenger app to send MMS's 100% successfully.
On Handcent they just sit there wit the wheel of futility spinning away untill i restart phone, then it sends.
On go, MMS sends, but but ALL pictures are blurry and discombobulated.
On Chomp the sending of an MMS locks the whole works up..

So i am currently stuck with the native messenger.

I am on Verizon with an S3 and all my friends with the same set up are having the exact same problem.

Is there anything in the works for this?

Thank you.

Taylor7617

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the Verizon Messenger app from the Play store. No issues with sending picture messages (MMS) and can group text with iPhone friends without issue! It doesn't have all the personal touches the others have, but it works.

musicanys

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
So far this workaround for Handcent is working for me. I just found this in answer in the Verizon Community. Note that I had to turn Auto Retrieve on in the default Messaging app for it to work. I don't know if this fix works for all texting apps but I hope it helps.

According to this thread on Android Forums: http://androidforums.com/htc-rezound/676666-handcent-mms-problem.html
there are two things that others have found to get Handcent to send MMS.
1. In handcent go to settings...application settings......default messaging application..... Then pick at the bottom "use for all SMS & mms"
2. have to turn on 4G or the MMS never goes through.
I assume "turning on 4G" means Mobile Data. Evidently the stock text app will turn on mobile data and send if it is off, but Handcent will not. Once the stock text app turns on 4G/Mobile Data then both send. That's my 2 cents.
A test is to turn off WiFi and turn on Mobile Data and try to send from Handcent. Does it work?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463