Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By James Changstein
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlimited Data with Verizon?

I extended my contract with Verizon when I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S3 this August (the supposed cut-off was June or July). I thought that everyone getting a new, discounted 4G phone would have to give up their unlimited data plan and be placed on a 2GB / month plan? This policy caused such a roar but I bit the bullet because Verizon's service and coverage are indeed superior to the competitors.

As of tonight, my Verizon account still shows "unlimited data"; I called Verizon to verify that indeed, I am on the unlimited, not the 2GB cap. "Yes, Sir!" was the answer I got.

Anyone with a new, two-year contract got to keep their unlimited data plan from the years past? Or did I just luck out?

cheers,
    TBoltShock83839 likes this.

Default Re: Unlimited Data with Verizon?

That is incredible! I hope other people have experienced this because I'd love to if I decide to upgrade.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

My brother in law has unlimited and added his wife at the 2gb plan later. She was due for a upgrade 2 weeks ago and got the S3 and he kept his unlimited. I told him he would lose it but he didn't.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like the sales people are the ones who are required to change the plan, some seem to care, others don't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thats why I've never left Sprint. I dont have to worry about which plan I have to move to or not, if im over, under ect. All for $129 on my two main lines and $29 each additional line ulmtd.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

ROM
    CM10

I upgraded in mid-July and had the same experience. The salesperson said I would lose my unlimited data and there was nothing he could do about it. After activating the phone, my account still showed unlimited and he was as shocked as I was.

Weird thing here...I recently got a Verizon Galaxy S3, and gave my wife my iPhone 4. I lost my unlimited plan, but my wife apparently got it. So it goes. Since I don't watch movies on my phone anyways, I'm not too upset, but Verizon is about the greediest bunch I've run into...except for Comcast of course, both Verizon and Comcast are about as greedy as it gets.