Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default If I have a leaked jb version will my phone ota with the official one?

Just as the title says. I have the J1 leaked version of JB installed . will my s3 still ota update with the K3 version of JB??

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: If I have a leaked jb version will my phone ota with the official one?

I doubt it. The OTA checks for what it expects the last official version to be and if you don't have it, you won't get it. That's the experience I had with my Thunderbolt when I had leaks installed. A few of the ICS leaks weren't official and when the official OTA came out, I had to manually install it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Re: If I have a leaked jb version will my phone ota with the official one?

OK. Hopefully that's not the case but OK. Thank you. So I would need to go backwards with Odin to what version to get the update?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

You can probably go back to any version of 4.0, then update it till you have 4.1.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums