Getting double of every Email

SDQB17

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, first this is not a JB update issue, I have had my phone for 2 weeks...and have had this before and after the update, I believe it is the way I initially set up my phone, wonder if you all can help. I used Gmail, and everytime I get a incoming mail, I also get an incoming mail from the native mail client. Maybe I set then both up at the start I am not sure. But it is getting annoying, everytime I get an email...I get 2. One from each...and I can't figure out how to get rid of the stock mail client. When I try to delete it from pulling Gmail, it says I need to have it. It is making me use the default client, when all I wish to use is Gmail itself. Ugh. Thanks to anyone that can figure this out short of doing a reset...:)

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Try going in the stock email app and delete the gmail account from there and you should only receive your email from the gmail client. If your stock email app is not letting you delete an account then you have a major issue. If u can't delete the account then switch the sync option to manually and it won't sync anymore by itself and you'll only get the email notification from the gmail app.

SDQB17

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, when I try and delete Gmail from the default app, it says Default must be set. I'll try the other suggestion, or I was considering deleting the gmail app..since the default is accessing that anyway ( if that makes sense)...at least then I wont be getting so many email notices.

EDIT: Got it....thanks for the suggestions. I did it thru the phone settings and it let me delete the account...It just wouldnt thru the defaut mail account.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, when I try and delete Gmail from the default app, it says Default must be set. I'll try the other suggestion, or I was considering deleting the gmail app..since the default is accessing that anyway ( if that makes sense)...at least then I wont be getting so many email notices.

EDIT: Got it....thanks for the suggestions. I did it thru the phone settings and it let me delete the account...It just wouldnt thru the defaut mail account.

Sweet!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084