Jelly Bean Update and Yahoo email account

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I updated to Jelly Bean and then factory-reset my SIII - all went well and Gmail accounts were set up just fine using the gmail app....

However, I am not able to configure Yahoo / MSN email accounts on the built-in Samsung email app at all....

After entering my email address and password ( changed on website and then double verified ) - I am getting a "time-out error" on the phone...

Anyone experiencing the same issue? What are the possible solutions? Please advise.. Appreciate your input..

cheers,

********Solved*****************

Instead of using the existing "Yahoo" or "Hotmail" setting, I simply used the "other email" and was able to receive my emails....

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the stock email app with my yahoo email.

When I updated to JB it switched the sync back on for the account even though I had it turned off in ICS. I switched the sync to manual for both peak and off peak and now it won't load any emails even when I hit refresh. It won't even let me remove the account either.

I think JB screwed up the stock email app.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
********Solved*****************

Instead of using the existing "Yahoo" or "Hotmail" setting, I simply used the "other email" and was able to receive my emails....

I was just about to post this. I restarted my phone and it made me setup an account. Using the Yahoo option didn't work (pin generation time out) but using other worked.

Still hope they fix the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums