1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype Beta and new JB keyboard

I was using Swype Beta, and now it seems it's built into JB, but the keyboard seems different.
    In settings > lang and input, samsung and Swype show up, but they're grayed out.
    Is Swype the default now?
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Default Re: Swype Beta and new JB keyboard

I don't think Swype is built in jb. In the Samsung's keyboard settings there aren't any mentions of Swype or the settings. Though the Swype keyboard is different, grey like the notification bar.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, it's there. And yeah, I noticed some oddities about it compared to the beta, but I wasn't paying enough attention to tell you exactly what they are. I got used to it pretty quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I was using Swype Beta, and now it seems it's built into JB, but the keyboard seems different.
    I too was using the beta and then uninstalled it before the JB update finished downloading to my phone. I don't like the new S3 version of Skype as much, especially because I can't seem to hit the backspace key to delete an entire incorrectly guessed word. Plus the new layout is just different enough to be annoying.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Swype Beta doesn't show up in Un-installer, can't change anything, and Google Play no longer lists it.
    Been meaning to try Swiftkey, so I'll DL and give it a go.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

OK. I'm using SwiftKey now. Hmmm. Not bad at all. I just might like this better. Word prediction seems to work better.

EDIT: Un-installed Swype Beta installer, then un-installed Swype updates. It's gone. Swiftkey is all that's there now.

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    OK. I'm using SwiftKey now. Hmmm. Not bad at all. I just might like this better. Word prediction seems to work better.
    SwiftKey is awesome. I'm using their beta version now with Flow but I find can type just as fast with two thumbs still. And yes, the word prediction is very good with SwiftKey.