Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Just tried Bluetooth for the first time since getting the update. Bluetooth drops intermittently when connected to my 2010Audi A4. Has anybody else's had any problem with Bluetooth dropping intermittently? I've Googled this and others with this problem when JB first came out but no fixes were mentioned. Anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

SreeNC

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem. It was working perfectly fine when I had ICS. I've upgraded to Jelly Bean & since then Its' not able to connect to my car. It finds my car, it connects & then drops immediately. A few seconds later (approx. 30 -60) it tries to reconnect but still the same issue..

Anyone found a resolution for this?

ashishb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem here. Bluetooth connectes fine on my 2011 MDX, but when I try to make a call it waits for a bit then doesn't connect. Haven't tried un-pairing and re-pairing - will try that and see if it this does the trick. I haven't done a re-set since the update; don't really want to have to reinstall my apps and re-set the screens the way I had them.

Have you heard or seen anything else about a possible fix that doesn't involve a factory reset? I'll report back after un-pairing and re-pairing to see if that does the trick.

I have the same problem. It was working perfectly fine when I had ICS. I've upgraded to Jelly Bean & since then Its' not able to connect to my car. It finds my car, it connects & then drops immediately. A few seconds later (approx. 30 -60) it tries to reconnect but still the same issue..

Anyone found a resolution for this?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Similar problem here. Bluetooth connectes fine on my 2011 MDX, but when I try to make a call it waits for a bit then doesn't connect. Haven't tried un-pairing and re-pairing - will try that and see if it this does the trick. I haven't done a re-set since the update; don't really want to have to reinstall my apps and re-set the screens the way I had them.

Have you heard or seen anything else about a possible fix that doesn't involve a factory reset? I'll report back after un-pairing and re-pairing to see if that does the trick.
If un-pairing and re-pairing works for you then you're in better shape than me. I tried that numerous times and no joy. Good luck!

dannyc55

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I have no solution, only more to add. I too have had my calls dropped from Bluetooth in the middle of the call. I also do not get my contacts to show up on my car screen. 2012 Honda Pilot. Worked fine with previous software.

ashishb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I un-paired both my car and my wife's car, did a battery pull and re-paired. Calls went through, so I'm hoping the fix took. Will try again next time i'm on the road and will update here.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I un-paired both my car and my wife's car, did a battery pull and re-paired. Calls went through, so I'm hoping the fix took. Will try again next time i'm on the road and will update here.

Did bluetooth stay connected continuously? I have no problem making calls when bluetooth is connected but the connection itself is intermittent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ashishb

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Did bluetooth stay connected continuously? I have no problem making calls when bluetooth is connected but the connection itself is intermittent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

The bluetooth remained connected when I was having the connection issues. I just couldn't get a call to connect. So far the unpairing, restarting the phone and repairing seems to have worked. Have been able to connect without any issues. Will send an update if I start to experience issues.

mlmcgahee

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here... My only fix was a factory reset.:( No more Bluetooth issues and the S3 overall is running better.

Mike :cool:

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here... My only fix was a factory reset.:( No more Bluetooth issues and the S3 overall is running better.

Mike :cool:
I just completed a factory reset but haven't been in the car yet. I hope it works for me as well as it did for you. Phone does seem a bit smoother though...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis