Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Just tried Bluetooth for the first time since getting the update. Bluetooth drops intermittently when connected to my 2010Audi A4. Has anybody else's had any problem with Bluetooth dropping intermittently? I've Googled this and others with this problem when JB first came out but no fixes were mentioned. Anyone?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    I have the same problem. It was working perfectly fine when I had ICS. I've upgraded to Jelly Bean & since then Its' not able to connect to my car. It finds my car, it connects & then drops immediately. A few seconds later (approx. 30 -60) it tries to reconnect but still the same issue..

    Anyone found a resolution for this?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Similar problem here. Bluetooth connectes fine on my 2011 MDX, but when I try to make a call it waits for a bit then doesn't connect. Haven't tried un-pairing and re-pairing - will try that and see if it this does the trick. I haven't done a re-set since the update; don't really want to have to reinstall my apps and re-set the screens the way I had them.

    Have you heard or seen anything else about a possible fix that doesn't involve a factory reset? I'll report back after un-pairing and re-pairing to see if that does the trick.

    Quote Originally Posted by SreeNC View Post
    I have the same problem. It was working perfectly fine when I had ICS. I've upgraded to Jelly Bean & since then Its' not able to connect to my car. It finds my car, it connects & then drops immediately. A few seconds later (approx. 30 -60) it tries to reconnect but still the same issue..

    Anyone found a resolution for this?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Quote Originally Posted by ashishb View Post
    Similar problem here. Bluetooth connectes fine on my 2011 MDX, but when I try to make a call it waits for a bit then doesn't connect. Haven't tried un-pairing and re-pairing - will try that and see if it this does the trick. I haven't done a re-set since the update; don't really want to have to reinstall my apps and re-set the screens the way I had them.

    Have you heard or seen anything else about a possible fix that doesn't involve a factory reset? I'll report back after un-pairing and re-pairing to see if that does the trick.
    If un-pairing and re-pairing works for you then you're in better shape than me. I tried that numerous times and no joy. Good luck!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    I have no solution, only more to add. I too have had my calls dropped from Bluetooth in the middle of the call. I also do not get my contacts to show up on my car screen. 2012 Honda Pilot. Worked fine with previous software.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    I un-paired both my car and my wife's car, did a battery pull and re-paired. Calls went through, so I'm hoping the fix took. Will try again next time i'm on the road and will update here.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Quote Originally Posted by ashishb View Post
    I un-paired both my car and my wife's car, did a battery pull and re-paired. Calls went through, so I'm hoping the fix took. Will try again next time i'm on the road and will update here.
    Did bluetooth stay connected continuously? I have no problem making calls when bluetooth is connected but the connection itself is intermittent.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    i have the same problem.. just upgraded my s3 to jelly bean and down bluetooth doesnt connect correctly. did you get a fix for this?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    Did bluetooth stay connected continuously? I have no problem making calls when bluetooth is connected but the connection itself is intermittent.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    The bluetooth remained connected when I was having the connection issues. I just couldn't get a call to connect. So far the unpairing, restarting the phone and repairing seems to have worked. Have been able to connect without any issues. Will send an update if I start to experience issues.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Same issues here... My only fix was a factory reset. No more Bluetooth issues and the S3 overall is running better.

    Mike
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Intermittent Bluetooth since Jellybean

    Quote Originally Posted by mlmcgahee View Post
    Same issues here... My only fix was a factory reset. No more Bluetooth issues and the S3 overall is running better.

    Mike
    I just completed a factory reset but haven't been in the car yet. I hope it works for me as well as it did for you. Phone does seem a bit smoother though...

Similar Threads

  1. Problems connecting to car via Bluetooth after Jellybean
    By Les Doti in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
  2. Bluetooth since 2.3
    By Jets in forum AT&T Inspire 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 03:42 PM
  3. Using Finity Bluetooth since the FROYO Update
    By ccalla01 in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
  4. Since Froyo- Bluetooth Audio "Pops"- Ford SYNC
    By drgallo#ac in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 01:16 PM
  5. Bluetooth issue since ota?
    By I.R.R.V. in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 01:25 PM

Posting Permissions

B