S3 calendar problem
As of last Friday the 14th my calendar has stopped syncing. If I go to Settings/Google/ and then my account, i see a red exclamation mark. The only way i was able to get the calendar to sync is if I install Google Calendar from the play store. Once i install this, syncing starts to work again. However if I uninstall the Google Calendar app, syncing stops working again.
I was thinking it was because Google was removing the sync capabilities for calendar, but didn't think that would affect Android:
Google 'winter cleaning' is coming, Google Sync and Calendar features are going away | Android Central
Is anyone else seeing this? I prefer to use the Samsung calendar app over the Google app.
- 12-20-2012, 12:48 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: S3 calendar problem
Performing a search led me here. Yep, I am seeing the exact same thing. The solution is the same - install Google Calendar, GS3 cal now syncs up. Uninstall Google, and the GS3 calendar stops syncing altogether. It's a shame, I actually like the Samsung calendar app - I just don't like having another app installed just to get this one to work.
- 12-22-2012, 02:34 AM #3
- By mr.seth.price in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 09-16-2010, 10:57 AM
- By ls377 in forum Android AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-13-2010, 10:02 AM
- By EvilBore in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 08-10-2010, 12:42 PM
- By marcch in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 05-10-2010, 09:54 AM
- By blindman13 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 12-06-2009, 10:14 AM