Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

Default S3 calendar problem

Hi all,

As of last Friday the 14th my calendar has stopped syncing. If I go to Settings/Google/ and then my account, i see a red exclamation mark. The only way i was able to get the calendar to sync is if I install Google Calendar from the play store. Once i install this, syncing starts to work again. However if I uninstall the Google Calendar app, syncing stops working again.

I was thinking it was because Google was removing the sync capabilities for calendar, but didn't think that would affect Android:

Google 'winter cleaning' is coming, Google Sync and Calendar features are going away | Android Central

Is anyone else seeing this? I prefer to use the Samsung calendar app over the Google app.
    Thanks.

Default Re: S3 calendar problem

Performing a search led me here. Yep, I am seeing the exact same thing. The solution is the same - install Google Calendar, GS3 cal now syncs up. Uninstall Google, and the GS3 calendar stops syncing altogether. It's a shame, I actually like the Samsung calendar app - I just don't like having another app installed just to get this one to work.

Default Re: S3 calendar problem

The issue can be resolved!
    Check the samsung developers forum here