What was Gained, Lost, and Hidden?

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I know some new features like USB Media support came along with the Jellybean update. Certainly there are more as have been well reported on Android Central and widely discussed in the forums. With the Blocking Mode feature being "hidden" in the Jellybean release, I can't help but wonder what else is hidden, and just as important, what may have been lost feature wise in the current release.
Does anyone have a list or comprehensive reference?

tlehmann

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
There is a settings page for Page Buddy? but enabling it doesn't do anything. There seems to be a lot of stuff from the Note II present on the device? so I guess its not really hidden since it's not supposed to be used anyways (well? Page Buddy is)? but I find it interesting nonetheless.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Good point. I wonder if the images used for the Note 2 and the S3 are the same - assuming support for the different chipsets is there. I poked around more and see stuff for S Pen as well. I know that the S3 works with S Pen, but didn't see any obvious ways to tweak. Or configure in Settings. Obviously the Wacom package is not on the S3, but wonder if the two phone images have more in common.

mg7711

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Notification bubble for text on lock screen. I could live without it, if when you swipe the messaging app on your lock screen it took you directly to the text you received. But now it just takes you to the messaging app instead of the the message you received.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Notification bubble for text on lock screen. I could live without it, if when you swipe the messaging app on your lock screen it took you directly to the text you received. But now it just takes you to the messaging app instead of the the message you received.

I agree, it's the only bad thing about jb I've found so far.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Did verizon enable wifi hotspot for all users with no extra charge? I had foxfi installed under ICS, and now in JB i fired it up and it automatically launched the Verizon hotspot tool, the crazy thing is that it captured all the settings from FoxFi, and then it turned it on and started working without any mention of if i was subscribed to the hotspot feature (i am an old unlimited user). So either they are turning it on and charging for it automatically, or they finally came to their senses (per the FCC's requirements on LTE) and started supporting it out of the box for free (on old unlimited plans).

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Really? That was uber pointless. After 24 hours my account status doesnt seem to have changed at all, but the wifi hotspot is definitely working fine on my phone. Maybe i will start a new thread.

blade22222

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I found a way to re enable this feature but it requires root. Needless to say I'm rooted now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie