Calendar not syncing back to Exchange

ehaus81

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have a user who has an S3 with his Exchange account set up on it. That is the only account on the phone; no Google account or anything else. Mail, contacts and calendar are syncing to the phone just fine but when he creates a new appointment in the calendar on the phone, it never shows up in Outlook on his PC's. He's using all the built in apps from Samsung. I know all about Touchdown and the other better Exchange apps and tools but I'm trying to get this to work with the stock apps. Any help would be much appreciated.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Not that this helps, but i just double checked and it works fine for me.
I have PUSH enabled, if that matters.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i guess the first question is that when they create a new event are you sure its the right calendar? I thought by default new events are set to "my calendar" which would only appear in the device and never sync anywhere.

ehaus81

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
@worwig Yes, push is enabled for the Exchange account.
@kicko That seems to have been the issue. I finally figured it out with another users S3 and passed the information along to the user and all is working well. Now the user is looking to add attendees to the appointments that he adds to the calendar. He can of course email the appointment to people but he'd like to add attendees while he's creating the appointment and have it pushed to them automatically once it is created. Does anyone know if that's possible? I don't have the other S3 here to test on at the moment.

pbard

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Well, in my particular case it was the wrong calendar. Each calendar is color-coded (exchange - green, android phone - red, google - purple, etc).
I wasn't syncing exchange.

Click on the calendar
Menu
Calendars
Under Phone
Make sure your particular phone calendar is synced and visible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol