Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default premium SMS

has anyone had a problem with verizon billing you $9.99 extra for premium sms. i opened up a tipsteria and by opening it up which i thought was a verizon thing they as a 3rd party billed verizon who billed me. this is a total scam. i had to go to my verizon and under four layers found a way to block premium sms. but still someone got my $9.99
    Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: premium SMS

Had that problem last year. Went over my account with the Rep and found out that this went on for months. Account was adjusted over the phone with about $80 total of bogus charges. The Rep was great.she sounded sexy too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    3,173 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Nothing will bill you until you've read and accepted the terms. If you got billed, it's because you did not read.

Quote Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
    Nothing will bill you until you've read and accepted the terms. If you got billed, it's because you did not read.
    You're right. I did not read my bill. I barely do. This was a site sending texts that was part of the verizon lawsuit that attached itself to movie quizes, sports scores etc. It was illegal and Verizon took action and sued them. This was not a verizon product. Even though you opt out of the texts, you continue to get text months later which add $9.99 to your account everytime you open it or delete it. There was no term to agree on because its not verizon. I don't get a paper bill. This was spam with a fee attached to it. Hence VZ suing them.

Global Posts
    3,173 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by droid83 View Post
    You're right. I did not read my bill. I barely do. This was a site sending texts that was part of the verizon lawsuit that attached itself to movie quizes, sports scores etc. It was illegal and Verizon took action and sued them. This was not a verizon product. Even though you opt out of the texts, you continue to get text months later which add $9.99 to your account everytime you open it or delete it. There was no term to agree on because its not verizon. I don't get a paper bill. This was spam with a fee attached to it. Hence VZ suing them.
    That stinks. At least they did something about it. I have premium sms blocked so I never had to worry about that.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

yah right i did not read. ***** no contract signed, it comes over like i add on from verizon. check the internet, millions caught in this same thing. there is a class action suit going on too.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

i blocked the premium sms and after 3 emails to verizon they agreed to credit me back the $9.99 charge from the bad guys. verizon knows d@@@ well they were benefiting from that scam

Is there any way to check for this if I went paperless? I don't want to get scammed because I'm one of those ppl that pay automatically and don't really ever check my bill. They definitely get over on me

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

its easy. go to my verizon. it will show your billing info. or create a my verizon. there is an app for it.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by minnieusa View Post
    its easy. go to my verizon. it will show your billing info. or create a my verizon. there is an app for it.

Stank ya. I'm on that ASAP!

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Angry Re: premium SMS

Yes . I too believe this is a sneaky scam. I too was charged 9.99/month for a service I didn't order. I intend to follow this up by reporting this rip-off in every possible way I can. We cannot allow this kind of trickery. It must be nipped in the bud!

It is a double opt in process so you have to authorize it first and then accept the charges on the phone by replying Yes to a text it sends you. There is no way that it just latched onto your bill randomly

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Just spoke with Verizon and they took off 3 months worth of Tipsteria SMS charges. Very pleasant. I'm pleased enough, although along with the monthly SMS charge, you also get charged taxes as well as for texts received. Don't be bullied by those posts that say its your fault. It is a scam that you inadvertently signed yourself up for because it was tagged to some app etc., that you downloaded. Call the # on your bill and they will take care of it for you.

It's a complete fraud-anyone who intentionally signed up was tricked.
    Call Tipsteria directly at 800-378-9850 and ask for all back credit. I received $60 and they blocked my account.
    Complain to your mobile carrier as well....

It's a complete fraud-anyone who intentionally signed up was tricked.--you must work for them--why don't you post your cell phone #

- - - Updated - - -

That is a complete lie--you must work for them