what are the top 10 things you like after the VZW Galaxy S3 got Jelly Bean via OTA update?

BuyOneGetFour

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
what are the top 10 things you like after the VZW Galaxy S3 got Jelly Bean via OTA update?

I can't even name one... and both of my S3s (and my old GNex) already have JB... :(

Just want something that I can tell people about my phone. :)

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Google Now is amazing. It gets my words every time.

Without even ever telling it to do so, my phone now buzzes at pretty much the exact time I'm about to leave the office every night, and tells me how long it will take me to get home, and which routes to avoid due to traffic. Not necessarily something I needed, but living in DC it's definitely kinda nice to have!

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I like the new notification bar, with the option to adjust the brightness. I also like how the 'settings' area has been redesigned. I'm not sure if Google Now is new with JB, but I like it a lot.

I've noticed most of the touches are slight, but really enhance the phone.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Smooth UI
Google Now
Brightness in bar
Email Previews in bar
Exit navigation from bar
Return calls or directly text via bar
Animation when swapping between apps

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I've been a huge fan of this upgrade even though I maybe can't say it's been a life changer. I can't put my finger on it, but it just FEELS like what I expected the S3 experience to feel like.

1- Smoother transitioning between apps/screens
2- Google Now is fun to play around with. I haven't really used it a ton yet, but it's fun to set up and see the possibilities
3- I LOVE the new look of "folders". I use 8 different folders on my homescreen, and I got so sick of the ugly manilla looking folder icon
4- I have enjoyed the new widgets. The commonly used contacts, as well as the Google Play Music and Books widgets
5- Expandable notifications aren't essential but it's convenient and I like it
6- I like the look of the date and time at the top of the notification bar when you have it pulled down
7- Some of my apps were better optimized for JB instead of ICS. So I got some cool new features when I got the upgrade
8- I like when you place a icon or widget on the screen and the others will automatically shift in order to allow you to place the icon.

That's all I can think of right now. And I know most of those are very small, pointless things. But they are subtle changes that I really appreciate and like I said, I think it really provides the user experience I expected.

Moebius Street

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just turned Google Now off.

It seems to be pretty useless. Sure, it shows weather reports, but I had that anyway (Elecont Weather). And it shows package tracking, but I had that anyway (Slice).

What sounded like a neat new feature, advising me of traffic before my commute, completely doesn't work at all. It's always telling me how far it is to home, even when I am home. It doesn't tell me anything about time to get to work, and it doesn't have a clue about when I'd be making the trips. So I'll just stick with Waze.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just turned Google Now off.

It seems to be pretty useless. Sure, it shows weather reports, but I had that anyway (Elecont Weather). And it shows package tracking, but I had that anyway (Slice).

What sounded like a neat new feature, advising me of traffic before my commute, completely doesn't work at all. It's always telling me how far it is to home, even when I am home. It doesn't tell me anything about time to get to work, and it doesn't have a clue about when I'd be making the trips. So I'll just stick with Waze.

How long have you been using it? It takes awhile for it to learn all your places and what times you usually go to those places. I think you can configure this in the settings though. Every morning it tells me how long it'll take for me to get to school without fail. If you hit more cards, it even offers more suggestions for new places you visit often if you want to add them. Even right now at work, its showing me directions home and traffic. Its also cool for checking sports updates and all that jazz. I think it helps me eliminate maybe 2 or 3 apps I would normally download by functioning like this.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
  1. Exchange email not loaded with HTML links
  2. Google Now response time
  3. Notifications (although this took me a while to get used to...)
  4. Stock browser layout and speed