Best way/store to purchase?
I want to purchase the S3 but I gave my upgrade to my husband back in October. So now I need to use HIS upgrade. Amazon has the 16 gb for $100, lowest price I can find so far, but they can't transfer the upgrade. Do I have any options? Would I pretend I am upgrading another account on my line and then activate and switch them back? I'm worried about what that will do to my account because if I do it that way I will be upgrading one of the regular phones on my account to now be a smart phone and I just wonder what that will do to my bill. I really don't want to purchase through VZW because their price is way too high. And Best Buy could transfer the upgrade, but they are all out of stock. It's killing me to wait, my current phone turns itself off if I even look at it funny.. I don't know what to do.
- 12-18-2012, 10:09 PM #2
- 7 Posts
Re: Best way/store to purchase?
All u would have to do is use his upgrade to get the phone and swap in yor SIM card if you have a LTE SIM or get one from a Verizon store once the phone comes in. This way you are getting the discounted price and then putting it on your line. The phone wouldn't be activated until you get it and activate it with the included sim. The one you would get would be more than likely be tied to his number, so you would need Verizon to associate that sim to your number or swap it out for one they would be associated to your number.
- By GrooveRite in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 6Last Post: 07-05-2012, 03:05 PM
- By frettfreak in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-16-2010, 04:34 PM
- By bigthinker in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 3Last Post: 12-12-2009, 12:37 AM
- By nick125 in forum Android AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 11-27-2009, 03:23 PM
- By JohnMcClane#AC in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2009, 09:11 AM