Annoying WiFi Message

davidceder

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S3. I just upgraded to Jellybean from Ice-cream Sandwich. On BOTH versions of the operating system I continuously (and I mean EVERY 25 seconds) get the following pop-up message on my phone no matter what screen I am in when I am connected to my home WiFi (haven't tried it in other places as of yet) ?connected to Wi Fi network ?network name?. You cannot see through it or select through it. You have to stop what you are doing for the few seconds and wait for it to go away before continuing. This is an impossible task. I have tried shutting off notification wherever I think it may help but I have been unsuccessful. This almost makes the phone unusable. This is NOT the msg telling me that Wi Fi is available. The msg I am discussing comes on when I AM connected to a network. Verizon support told me Jellybean would solve this but it has not. The message appears near the bottom of the phone in a small black window that blocks access to everything lt is hovering over, even the keypad.

Any help is appreciated?..

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this happen a lot on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (wifi only). Would constantly do it. What I did to get it to stop was assign the tablet a static IP in my router. That took care of it at home. Admittedly I have not taken the tablet out of my home so I don't know if this took care of the issue overall or if the message would come back if I tried another wifi spot. My tablet is currently ICS.

Worth a try?

anon(862554)

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. Wifi on this phone is the most frustrating thing ever. It connects, scans, disconnects, then connects again. I think that's what kills my battery life. I have the phone plugged in and if it's on Wifi, the battery level GOES DOWN... it's unbelievable

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happens to me. Wifi on this phone is the most frustrating thing ever. It connects, scans, disconnects, then connects again. I think that's what kills my battery life. I have the phone plugged in and if it's on Wifi, the battery level GOES DOWN... it's unbelievable

Then turn off wifi for a while and see what happens to your battery. I can run gps, full brightness and be streaming Pandora all at the same time on lte in the car and my battery still charges. Slowly, but it does go up. I doubt if the wifi problem is what is killing your battery.

Martin Romeijn

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Had the same problem. In my case it was juicedefender making the messages. I have not found (yet) which setting it is in juicedefender but when I shut down juicedefender the connected-to notifications stopped.
Edit: No, unfortunately the notifications came back. Now did factory reset and still investigating.

Last edited:

StorminDT

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not had that problem on ICS or JB. I am always connected on wifi at home and work.

Try another location that has wifi and see if you see the problem. You could also check your home wifi/router for a fw update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmitrbol