Stopping Update?

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
So yesterday I started to update to JB, but while in the the middle of it, I read all the complaints about it, so I was able to stop the process yesterday after deciding I'd rather stick with ICS. But when I turned my phone on today it started to update again, and I found no way of stopping it, I ended up shutting my phone off til I can figure out how I can stop it from updating

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's too late for you since you'd have to boot the phone up (thus updating the phone) before you could work any magic. I'm sure someone will pipe in and tell me I'm wrong, but for all intents and purposes, you're getting JB.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I had not received notification of the update, and had not tried to pull it manually yet because I was holding off for awhile as well. Then all of a sudden last night it downloaded and installed automatically while I was sleeping, I awoke to my phone rebooting first thing this morning. I thought to myself "why did my phone reset itself?" and when the screen came up it said it was already updating. Needless to say I was pretty pissed about that. I'm sure I would've updated eventually anyways, but it irritated me that it just did it without asking.

In addition, we were in the middle of a Class 3 Killstorm here in the midwest last night, so my alarm clock was flashing and I had to wait for the update to finish before my phone would display the time. It was 5:30... a half hour before my alarm was set to go off. Not my favorite way to start the day.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I had not received notification of the update, and had not tried to pull it manually yet because I was holding off for awhile as well. Then all of a sudden last night it downloaded and installed automatically while I was sleeping, I awoke to my phone rebooting first thing this morning. I thought to myself "why did my phone reset itself?" and when the screen came up it said it was already updating. Needless to say I was pretty pissed about that. I'm sure I would've updated eventually anyways, but it irritated me that it just did it without asking.

In addition, we were in the middle of a Class 3 Killstorm here in the midwest last night, so my alarm clock was flashing and I had to wait for the update to finish before my phone would display the time. It was 5:30... a half hour before my alarm was set to go off. Not my favorite way to start the day.

I don't like the sound of that "class 3"...

So yesterday I started to update to JB, but while in the the middle of it, I read all the complaints about it, so I was able to stop the process yesterday after deciding I'd rather stick with ICS. But when I turned my phone on today it started to update again, and I found no way of stopping it, I ended up shutting my phone off til I can figure out how I can stop it from updating

I hope that trying to stop the update in the middle didn't mess it up -- that's never a good idea.

Seems to the norm any more...

OTA's will usually let you delay the install for a certain amount time, but eventually it's just gonna do it's thing. I image part of the reason is because the updates bring security patches and carrier policy updates along with all the other good stuff they promise, but honestly I don't know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol