Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Global Posts
    649 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: JellyBean Sucks!

Seriously, Vznav is a pay service that isn't as nice as Google navigator (which is free).
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
    VZNav? People use that?
    Yes people use that! GoogleNav does not have truck routes. VzNav does,I use it for work. But i do use Gnav when in my car. Until GNav integrates that feature its vznav.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrok View Post
    Seriously, Vznav is a pay service that isn't as nice as Google navigator (which is free).
    While nice is apperciated, helpful wins at the end of the day. Sadly Vznav has more useful specific features than Gnav

If people are having this many issues with stock Jelly Bean, but still want JB? Just root your phone and flash a stock based ROM. The one I'm currently running is The Executioner 2.5 (comes basic with over clocking abilities, Beats Audio boost, and V6 supercharged!)

I Am The Superuser
    akronevan2 likes this.

So how do you go back? All I see are links to other jelly bean based junk. My phone worked fine until I woke up one morning T verizon had forced the updates on both of my s3's. Verizon is no help and samsung isnt either. All I want is to put them back to the way there were bc jellybean is horrible. Its almost worse than having apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mccomas View Post
    So how do you go back? All I see are links to other jelly bean based junk. My phone worked fine until I woke up one morning T verizon had forced the updates on both of my s3's. Verizon is no help and samsung isnt either. All I want is to put them back to the way there were bc jellybean is horrible. Its almost worse than having apple.
    Have you tried a factory reset, or just want to complain *smile*?

Quote Originally Posted by MrDoh View Post
    Have you tried a factory reset, or just want to complain *smile*?
    The not so helpful people at verizon told me a factory rest will not put it back to the old software, but it might "fix the glitches" with the update. I do want to complain lol, more about verizon altering my phone that I bought cash without my permission than about the new os. Im sire the jellybean is great for some people amd has many more features and can open up more things, but I loved how fast and easy to use my phone was before. It did more than I needed out of the box..

The not so helpful people at verizon told me a factory rest will not put it back to the old software, but it might "fix the glitches" with the update. I do want to complain lol, more about verizon altering my phone that I bought cash without my permission than about the new os. Im sire the jellybean is great for some people amd has many more features and can open up more things, but I loved how fast and easy to use my phone was before. It did more than I needed out of the box..
    I find that my phone is just as fast with Jelly Bean, and somewhat smoother doing scrolling, so I'm okay with it. I've worked through the initial problems, but I'm used to that from previous experience with iPhone updates *smile*. The major iPhone updates, especially the iOS 4 to iOS 5 one, and the iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.0.1, and 5.0.1 to 5.1, were worse than the Jelly Bean update by a longshot. I had to work on my phone for some time to get on top of battery issues, and resets didn't help, had to do full restores (which is equivalent to a re-install in iPhone-land).

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default JellyBean Sucks!

The major iPhone updates, especially the iOS 4 to iOS 5 one, and the iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.0.1, and 5.0.1 to 5.1, were worse than the Jelly Bean update by a longshot. I had to work on my phone for some time to get on top of battery issues, and resets didn't help, had to do full restores (which is equivalent to a re-install in iPhone-land).
    My experience is different. I have had zero battery problems from updating the iOS on my iPhones. I went from 4.0.x to 5.0.x to 5.1 to 6.0 with no battery problems. The only problem I encountered was the wifi glitch on 6.0 which was fixed on 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Unlike iOS devices, a factory reset on an Android device only wipes all user data and resets you to a "first use" experience on boot -- it does not revert you back to a previous software version. This is just a difference of how updates are applied on the different platforms. There is no way to "uninstall" an Android update -- if you want to go back, you have to do a full downgrade install (which often requires root to accomplish).

Having said that, doing the factory reset has been documented to fix a lot of the issues that folks have been experiencing with this past update, so it's definitely worth a shot.

I find that my phone is just as fast with Jelly Bean, and somewhat smoother doing scrolling, so I'm okay with it. I've worked through the initial problems, but I'm used to that from previous experience with iPhone updates *smile*. The major iPhone updates, especially the iOS 4 to iOS 5 one, and the iOS 5.0 to iOS 5.0.1, and 5.0.1 to 5.1, were worse than the Jelly Bean update by a longshot. I had to work on my phone for some time to get on top of battery issues, and resets didn't help, had to do full restores (which is equivalent to a re-install in iPhone-land).
    Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    My experience is different. I have had zero battery problems from updating the iOS on my iPhones. I went from 4.0.x to 5.0.x to 5.1 to 6.0 with no battery problems. The only problem I encountered was the wifi glitch on 6.0 which was fixed on 6.0.1.

Sent from my iPhone 7
    Individual experiences aside, it seems that both the Android world and iOS world have their fair share of issues with every update. I personally feel that this is just as much a symptom of manufacturers having to make the update process as "user-friendly" as possible, as it is actually problems with the updates themselves.

I'm not as familiar with Apple's deployment methods, so I can't speak too much on that, but with Android, I feel that current OTA method of update deployment, while very user friendly, is an awful way to actually update a device. I would much prefer if there was a method for EVERY update to do a full backup of personal data, then do a full data wipe, then apply update, then restore compatible data. This, while a bit more complicated for the end-user, would probably ensure a much better user experience post-update than just trying to install a major OS upgrade on top of an existing configuration.

Love jelly bean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Topgonzo likes this.

Oh I have both ... IPhone and android. To each it's own but to say jelly bean is bad is silly!! Try the note 2 and compare battery!!! I can't wait to upgrade to android

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Nothing like a random post about something sucking.. Jb at least for me and my phone is magnificent. Project butter is smooth and options are way better than ics. Yes there could be bugs but factory reset before anything else and start clean. This fixes 90% of problems and go from there.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

I prefer GB over ICS on my S2, i have used JB on my friends Nexus 7 and it is a big improvement over ICS....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    U
    I'm not as familiar with Apple's deployment methods, so I can't speak too much on that, but with Android, I feel that current OTA method of update deployment, while very user friendly, is an awful way to actually update a device. I would much prefer if there was a method for EVERY update to do a full backup of personal data, then do a full data wipe, then apply update, then restore compatible data. This, while a bit more complicated for the end-user, would probably ensure a much better user experience post-update than just trying to install a major OS upgrade on top of an existing configuration.
    Yep, for the first 4 major releases of iOS, they didn't have OTA capability. Users clamored for it, for not having to use iTunes to do their updates, and free them from having to use another computer to apply updates. Apple added it for iOS 5, and people's experiences really varied, you can read the community support threads if you're interested. You can also read about all the people whose battery lives went way down when they applied updates, and how they recovered this (a lot of times this was using a "restore" via iTunes, which, as I said, is essentially a whole re-install *smile*). I was trying to introduce some perspective to this thread to point out that doing a factory reset of an Android phone really isn't that bad for getting your phone back to a consistent state compared to the rest of the world. But experiences do vary, a lot of people got through the iOS updates fine, just as a lot of people got through the JB update just fine. What you read about in the Android (and Apple) community support forums is obviously slanted towards those that had bad experiences, since those are largely the people that come here to talk.

Anyways, I think that the end result is better for most people. I find that JB is, while the changes are subtle in most cases, is an improvement in the GUI interfaces and the operation of my phone. And the update process can be rocky, the JB update seemed okay to me, even though I had to do a factory reset to finish it up. I'm not sure if Samsung suggested the factory reset or not, but it seems like if they had maybe people wouldn't have expected it and planned for it, and not been so upset if they had to do it.

Yep, for the first 4 major releases of iOS, they didn't have OTA capability. Users clamored for it, for not having to use iTunes to do their updates, and free them from having to use another computer to apply updates. Apple added it for iOS 5, and people's experiences really varied, you can read the community support threads if you're interested. You can also read about all the people whose battery lives went way down when they applied updates, and how they recovered this (a lot of times this was using a "restore" via iTunes, which, as I said, is essentially a whole re-install *smile*). I was trying to introduce some perspective to this thread to point out that doing a factory reset of an Android phone really isn't that bad for getting your phone back to a consistent state compared to the rest of the world. But experiences do vary, a lot of people got through the iOS updates fine, just as a lot of people got through the JB update just fine. What you read about in the Android (and Apple) community support forums is obviously slanted towards those that had bad experiences, since those are largely the people that come here to talk.

Anyways, I think that the end result is better for most people. I find that JB is, while the changes are subtle in most cases, is an improvement in the GUI interfaces and the operation of my phone. And the update process can be rocky, the JB update seemed okay to me, even though I had to do a factory reset to finish it up. I'm not sure if Samsung suggested the factory reset or not, but it seems like if they had maybe people wouldn't have expected it and planned for it, and not been so upset if they had to do it.
    I agree with all of this whole-heartedly. What you were saying about using iTunes vs OTA is pretty much what I was getting at. I know I've Kies before to update my old Galaxy Tab, but as far as I know that wasn't an option with this update for the S3 regardless (not that I'm saying updating via Kies could be done better either). Users that complain about having to use a computer or resetting data really don't understand what an undertaking installing an update can be.

Sure, for many OTA updates run fine, but when you have hundreds of apps and huge caches of personal data on the phone, there's much higher chance of something getting mucked up in the process.

It would be like complaining that I have to take my car into a garage to get an oil change, yet be completely unwilling to learn how to do it myself and expect it to just automatically happen some how...then get mad at Toyota because it doesn't.

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts

Default JellyBean Sucks!

I absolutely agree about OTA updates being inadequate and mucking things up. That is why I have always updated via iTunes. I back up my data, then I update, and then I do a restore as new. I have yet to have a battery problem that way.

With Android, you must do a factory reset after the update. This will avoid all kind of problems down the road.

Sent from my iPhone 7

''Sent from my iPhone 7"

How are things in the future? Any stock tips?
    worldsoutro likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by itssdanny86 View Post
    I prefer GB over ICS on my S2, i have used JB on my friends Nexus 7 and it is a big improvement over ICS....

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    U should try jb for the s2. Works real well on my lil sis s2

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

My gs3 was laggy as well but after a factory reset this things is fast!!

YEP! Got a new tablet with the CRAP and it has issues.

Then Google Play Music updated itself and now yoy can not change the default player.

Adobe has quit FLASH for Android so if you did not already have it you're screwed!

JELLLLYBEAN S-U-C-K-S-!

Um no, no it doesn't. Become sufficient with technology and then it won't "suck". It isnt Jellybean, trust me.

Posted via Android Central App
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12